Forums
Posted By: rover644 Free Tyres - 20th Jul 2014 4:29am
Free tyres. Loads of them, Old Chester Road/Union Street and Bebington Road/Bedford Avenue. Either fell of something or been dumped. I was obviously inclined to think the latter, but seems a strange place to dump them.
Posted By: j_demo Re: Free Tyres - 20th Jul 2014 8:27am
the tread might be fine but the walls might be illegally thin.

unless they still have the stickers on for 'new' tyres.
Posted By: davew3 Re: Free Tyres - 20th Jul 2014 2:53pm
Also on Levers causeway and towards Barnston Station Road by Brick/Clay farm?, well where the dogs leg is and where everybody turns their car over.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Free Tyres - 20th Jul 2014 9:35pm
2 separate piles been fly tipped on Landican Lane as well. Why dont they put cctv on these regular fly tipping spots or dont they work in the dark? Instead they lie in wait and slap people with £80 fines for dropping cigarette butts.

The 2 piles ive seen must have been about 18 or 20 tyres which would suggest to me a specific size of vehicle like a small van.

Unlikely to be the major tyre chains but rather your independants selling part worns.

How do tyre companies normally get rid of old tyres-is there a recycling market for them?
Posted By: rover644 Re: Free Tyres - 21st Jul 2014 1:46am
It could also be whoever a tyre place has paid to dispose of them. Maybe their thinking was that there is a chance the usual fly tipping hotspots could have hidden cctv, so lets just dump them in the middle of a busy road. Must of been 20/25 easily on Beb road
Posted By: Finney Re: Free Tyres - 21st Jul 2014 8:14am
Tyres are definately being dumped, last week they where scattered through Thornton Hough, Clatterbridge and also along the M53.

Reference the most recent dumpings, I was driving behind the possible offenders on Friday night/ Saturday morning along the Chester high road towards Neston, they drive a transit style flatbed recovery truck with the tyres loaded on the back. the vehicle only has one rear light working and no number plate was displayed on the back.

The crazy thing was this vehicle had just driven past 2 marked traffic police cars and an unmarmarked police car parked on the entrance to Gordale nurseries.......
© Wirral-Wikiwirral