Forums
Posted By: j_demo police & coastguard, Harrison Drive - 19th Jul 2014 8:22pm
Was playing pitch n putt earlier by derby pool, harrison drive, and at about 5:00pm ish along came 4 police cars with blues on the go, 3 coastguard jeeps and a bloke on a yellow jet ski were all around the vicinity of the car park at the bottom (couldnt quite see) anyone know why?
Posted By: Hotfuzz Re: police & coastguard, Harrison Drive - 20th Jul 2014 5:36am
Reports of a person walking into the sea and making no attempt to come back ashore.
It is believed that it was a training exercise for the lifeguards and the information hadn't been passed up the chain......
You forgot to mention the lifeboat.....they wer all paged to turn out but were cancelled on arrival when it was confirmed as an exercise.
Posted By: j_demo Re: police & coastguard, Harrison Drive - 20th Jul 2014 8:29am
Originally Posted by Hotfuzz
Reports of a person walking into the sea and making no attempt to come back ashore.
It is believed that it was a training exercise for the lifeguards and the information hadn't been passed up the chain......
You forgot to mention the lifeboat.....they wer all paged to turn out but were cancelled on arrival when it was confirmed as an exercise.

Didn't see a lifeboat at all. Doesn't mean to say there wasn't one, I just didn't see one. I only saw a yellow jet-ski, which I presume was a lifeboat jet-ski.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral