Forums
Posted By: danjaylai Yet another scam phone call - 16th Jul 2014 4:36pm
Just had a scam phone call from this number - 052744840.
Indian sounding woman claiming to be called Lisa Thompson.
Reckoned she was connected to our laptop and that we had a problem with windows at which point my wife hung up the phone.
Be careful guys and girls - our laptop isn't even connected to the internet.

Posted By: Wally1 Re: Yet another scam phone call - 16th Jul 2014 5:53pm
I haven't had one of these for ages but I got one this morning.
Guy with Indian accent asked if I was the
owner of a computer. I asked him if he was running a
scam - he said no but when I insisted he was, he hung up.

Posted By: sunnyside Re: Yet another scam phone call - 16th Jul 2014 6:13pm
Yes i have had them too, they want your card details first, then they say they will access your computer to find the problem, i play along with them then say oh by the way i have not got a computer, then they slam the phone down.

But whilst some people fall for it, they have a constant flow of mugs.

Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Yet another scam phone call - 16th Jul 2014 8:14pm
http://uk.whocalledme.com/PhoneNumber/052744840
Posted By: Habdab Re: Yet another scam phone call - 17th Jul 2014 7:41pm
Their goal is to get you to download software that will take control of you PC/Laptop, under the guise of helping you to rid yourself of a virus. They ask you to look in the PC's Error logs and then try and frighten you by telling you all the errors you see there, show that you have a virus.
Any computer will show errors in the log. These people are scammers and theives. Microsift don't make cold calls, so just hang up. You can't even get Microsoft to help you fix Windows even if YOU call THEM.

If you are a Talktalk customer, there's a service that blocks the last called number. You can block up to ten numbers. Not sure if other phone suppliers offer a similar service.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral