Forums
Posted By: twinklestar69 Fraud from my bank account beware guys - 22nd Feb 2014 9:29am
Unsure if this is the correct section to make people aware. But make sure you check your bank account statement usually I do every two days but didn't and left it forgive days upon checking I noticed that T mobile and 02 pay as you go had taken out a few transactions up to £90, using my debit card! I am not with these providers and clearing someone has hit on my details God knows how! I was fuming one generated call on the morning in question when the fraud team noticed strange activity on my bank account of these transactions taking money out one after each other. I missed the call as I was working, no message left and I tried calling the 0845 number back but it wouldn't connect me. Anyway to cut a long story short I never thought this could happen to me. I got the money back from the bank and now my account has been cancelled, but they told me my numbers had been generated! Yes, hard to believe,and bingo they hit on mine! I have heard though that if someone tops up a pay as you go they need your address to match the card? I hope this isn't true,this scares me? Please be aware it's all the inconvenience of being without your card and having to change accounts online aswell.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Fraud from my bank account beware guys - 22nd Feb 2014 10:08am
Always destroy your mail, looks like the binsearchers have been going through it.

Even once it hits the tip it's not safe.
Posted By: Helles Re: Fraud from my bank account beware guys - 22nd Feb 2014 10:31am
If you top up online with O2 they ask for your address. I have queried why this is necessary but never got a satisfactory answer.
Posted By: twinklestar69 Re: Fraud from my bank account beware guys - 22nd Feb 2014 10:40am
I have thought about that too, but how on earth did they guess my security numbers 3 digits on the back of the card aswell? There is a link on the net about other people that this has happened to and 02 are aware of it and still nothing is done! Why, do these mobile phone companies let them keep trying loads of generated numbers aswell? Am so paranoid about this now.
Posted By: twinklestar69 Re: Fraud from my bank account beware guys - 22nd Feb 2014 10:42am
http://www.bl0g.co.uk/o2-uk-ltd-prepay-slough-mobile-phone-scam
Here is the link
Posted By: twinklestar69 Re: Fraud from my bank account beware guys - 22nd Feb 2014 11:40am
I have now connected the CEO of 02 and see what he comes up with ( I use to be with them,but not anymore thank God)
Posted By: twinklestar69 Re: Fraud from my bank account beware guys - 22nd Feb 2014 11:42am
It's like trying to get the correct combination for the lottery,what's the chances of that with seven numbers,never mind my 16 numbers on my card,plus three digit security digits and my address...and to top it all my card has not be stolen!!!
Posted By: TheDr Re: Fraud from my bank account beware guys - 22nd Feb 2014 3:23pm
Originally Posted by twinklestar69
It's like trying to get the correct combination for the lottery,what's the chances of that with seven numbers,never mind my 16 numbers on my card,plus three digit security digits and my address...and to top it all my card has not be stolen!!!

It's not as difficult as you might think.

I'm not going to give out full details (for obvious reasons) but just by knowing one credit cards details (even your own) there is a simple way to work out the numbers of the cards generated after (or before) that, the expiry dates are the same and the postcode only uses part of it to check, so can cover a HUGE area.
The security code is a little more tricky, but there is a way to bypass that as well.
Posted By: twinklestar69 Re: Fraud from my bank account beware guys - 22nd Feb 2014 3:52pm
Too much of a co-incident to me,to have all thus info and like I said the 3 digit security code on the back of the card.i shall await the reply from the CEO of the companies in question.
Posted By: s7uajones Re: Fraud from my bank account beware guys - 24th Feb 2014 9:24am
When a consumer makes a card transaction the chit you get back has the card numbers stared out, however the retailer gets the full card number and start and exp date I'm not too sure of the last 3 on the back but they can be remembered by a crooked cashier
© Wirral-Wikiwirral