Forums
Posted By: 3richard Window cleaner Scam Trick ! - 9th Jan 2014 3:08pm
A Heads Up. Our regular window cleaners did the monthly window clean today to both Ours & my next door neighbours.When it came time to pay I mentioned my next door neighbour had paid last time he did not have the right money and gave the person a £20 note who said he didn`t have change and would drop it in later. I told the regular window he owed us £5 £ 7.50 per house,he then told me that someone was following them round and asking for payment for window cleaning that did not work for them. He said that other window cleaners had been scamed by someonelse collecting money they where not entitled to. He mentioned that areas of West Kirby & Wallasey had been subject to similar scams. Has Anyone had to pay twice to get your windows cleaned .I am suspicous
Posted By: j_demo Re: Window cleaner Scam Trick ! - 9th Jan 2014 4:53pm
saw this scam on "the real hustle" about 4 years ago

i don't have a window cleaner, but i've warned the people i know about it though i didn't think anyone would be so brazen as to actually try it!

pay the man who cleans your windows, not his "mate" i say
Posted By: svenlock68 Re: Window cleaner Scam Trick ! - 11th Jan 2014 9:44am
id never have ANYONE clean my windows, my windows rotate to self clean from inside
Most look like dodgy scallys or rough, no way
people are lazy and would rather people who they nothing about or their history clean the windows, look at your gear/inside your home , security etc etc
they know when youre not home
they charge you a lot for a dirty wipe with an old shammy and water
NO WAY
Posted By: j_demo Re: Window cleaner Scam Trick ! - 11th Jan 2014 2:03pm
They're just people trying to make an honest living mate. Most are nice people, I know a few personally.
To balance it out, I don't know what you do for a living but whatever it is, I wouldn't want you to be involved if that's your attitude to people wanting to earn money.
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Window cleaner Scam Trick ! - 12th Jan 2014 12:02am
Originally Posted by svenlock68
id never have ANYONE clean my windows, my windows rotate to self clean from inside
Most look like dodgy scallys or rough, no way
people are lazy and would rather people who they nothing about or their history clean the windows, look at your gear/inside your home , security etc etc
they know when youre not home
they charge you a lot for a dirty wipe with an old shammy and water
NO WAY

have you got a postman?
Posted By: Emeeh Re: Window cleaner Scam Trick ! - 12th Jan 2014 5:39am
Our window cleaner uses heated purified water to clean both glass and frames, no ladders (so can't see much more than someone walking past), and does a top job. Nice bloke to boot.

Pay him via Paypal.

Ideal.
Posted By: svenlock68 Re: Window cleaner Scam Trick ! - 13th Jan 2014 10:26am
MRHANKY , I just do things myself that's all....theres nowt wrong with that.
the postman point is irrelevant , at least theyre from a registered big company you can go to to complain, some windows guys by me look like smack heads.
I use a 14 metre 100kg extension ladder at work and a huge platform that goes to 12 flat floors if needed...I DONT suffer from fear of heights
© Wirral-Wikiwirral