Forums
Posted By: Nigel Police on 4 bridges - 12th Dec 2013 8:40am
Just a heads up, the Police were setting up a road block on the Four bridges this morning at 8am. So if you are going towards Birkenhead you could be "pulled".
Posted By: delta6 Re: Police on 4 bridges - 12th Dec 2013 8:53am
I wondered what it was when I drove past
Posted By: Mark Re: Police on 4 bridges - 12th Dec 2013 9:07am
Drink Driving Campaign ?
Posted By: organiser Re: Police on 4 bridges - 12th Dec 2013 10:13am
I know I will get slated again for my opinion but I am delighted the police are there and I don't really think we should be warning possible criminals, cos that's what they are, if they haven't got the legal requirements to be driving
Posted By: Mark Re: Police on 4 bridges - 12th Dec 2013 10:28am
You can be pulled anywhere.
It could be for many reasons.

Last time I seen them it was VOSA checking that the waggons from the ferrys were road legal and all the other checks they do.

VOSA & Police work together on scheduled campaigns.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Police on 4 bridges - 12th Dec 2013 12:27pm
Originally Posted by organiser
I know I will get slated again for my opinion but I am delighted the police are there and I don't really think we should be warning possible criminals, cos that's what they are, if they haven't got the legal requirements to be driving

Well we have speed limit signs and speed cameras etc all to remind us to drive safely so a warning sign by a someone flashing a headlight or a thumbs up on here is just the same. One provided by the Govt the other by the people.
Posted By: casper Re: Police on 4 bridges - 12th Dec 2013 1:01pm
They wont stop you if you are legal, they are looking for the no tax no insurance deadbeats, for those of you who think you are doing them a service by warning them, you are not, think on this if they are involved in an accident with another vehicle, or god forbid a pedestrian maybe a child, it is you who will carry the burden in most cases, it is well documented that those that are not insured nor taxed usually have no MOT and their vehicles are in poor repair, they have no respect for the rights of others, I don't want to be involved in an accident with one especially if I have my grand kids on board, do you?
Posted By: Rustyhead Re: Police on 4 bridges - 12th Dec 2013 1:09pm
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Police on 4 bridges - 12th Dec 2013 1:48pm
Originally Posted by organiser

Saved me getting pulled though, legless from last night still and taking two kilos of uncut coke over to be sold , could of been nasty for me so warnings like this always help someone.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Police on 4 bridges - 12th Dec 2013 1:58pm
Posted By: organiser Re: Police on 4 bridges - 12th Dec 2013 2:11pm
Fish....
Well we have speed limit signs and speed cameras etc all to remind us to drive safely so a warning sign by a someone flashing a headlight or a thumbs up on here is just the same. One provided by the Govt the other by the people

Flashing a headlight to warn of a speed trap is illegal and will get you a fine and possible points on your licence...the rest of your post concerns advisory signs...the purpose of police checks is to catch possible criminals

As for Steves comment it is typical and to be expected,,it is amazing what a persons posts tells about that person when they consider law and order, as in respect of driving within the confines of the motoring law to be rubbish..hopefully mine is one of respect for law and order
Posted By: casper Re: Police on 4 bridges - 12th Dec 2013 2:24pm
Why would you be late for work Ste? there are no traffic hold ups, suspicious vehicles are pulled out of the line of traffic, unless of course there might be a reason you could be made late, did you finish early today?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Police on 4 bridges - 12th Dec 2013 2:32pm
Posted By: organiser Re: Police on 4 bridges - 12th Dec 2013 2:55pm
© Wirral-Wikiwirral