Forums
Posted By: Zimmer Youths tying ropes along the promenade - 27th Sep 2013 12:24pm
Just to make everyone aware - especially the cyclists among us.

This practice seems quite common when you frequent the New Brighton to Seacombe section of river front promenade as much as 2-3 times a week on average but a very nasty incident has lead me to write a warning about these goings on for those who may only make the odd visit.

Basically they either tie one of the thin, hard to see rescue float ropes across from the river side railings to posts, bins or property perimeter railings and either leave or wait out of sight on the upper level grass or road sides for cyclists to take a tumble.

They have been known to leave the rope slack on the floor until the last second and then pull it taut.

I won't bother letting off steam with the usual yada yada, ..., nothing better to do, why are they allowed to breed etc...

Just a warning to stop any more bloodshed and broken bikes / bones

Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: Youths tying ropes along the promenade - 27th Sep 2013 12:57pm
That is really messed up. Hope someone gives them a good hiding.
Posted By: yewgarth Re: Youths tying ropes along the promenade - 27th Sep 2013 6:34pm
little barstard, get the rope and hang the scrotes!
Posted By: Habdab Re: Youths tying ropes along the promenade - 27th Sep 2013 9:28pm
You can't hang them the poor little under privileged children. What they need is a holiday, paid for by the tax payer and maybe a bank account so they can buy things for themselves without the need for working. Then if all else fails, after they seriously maim someone, they should be hauled up in front of a judge and let off scot free so they can go out and do it again.

What a country. It makes you proud to be British.
Posted By: pacef8 Re: Youths tying ropes along the promenade - 28th Sep 2013 8:17am
A simple solution if it happens to me, but thanks for the warning. I once had a lad launch a brick at me from the back of the baths. Catch him break his arms ride off, see him again do the same.
Posted By: j_demo Re: Youths tying ropes along the promenade - 28th Sep 2013 8:08pm
never ever had this problem down there but i don't doubt it happens.

not defending them but the devil makes work of idle hands so they say.

basically... there's nothing else for them to do is there?
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Youths tying ropes along the promenade - 28th Sep 2013 9:04pm
Originally Posted by j_demo
there's nothing else for them to do is there?

I could list 100`s of things of the top of my head and that would be without my brain cells even waking up.
Maybe setting themselves alight would be a good hobby for them.
I would even supply a few gallons of petrol to keep them warm.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Youths tying ropes along the promenade - 1st Oct 2013 2:00pm
I saw one of these last week at New Brighton, just behind Morrisons. The rope is currently thrown over the wall but can be recovered.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral