Forums
Posted By: Katryn Children Approached On Way Home From School, Meols - 12th Jun 2013 10:28pm
Sorry couldn't fit into title

'Children Approached On Way Home From School, Meols/Hoylake Area'

Today my child brought a home letter from school regarding children being approached on way home from school in the Meols/Hoylake area.

The Local Authority have contacted all school's to tell them about the incidents.

This has also happened in new brighton by Morrison on Friday . Police have treated it as a possible abduction xx sick people out there xx
Just received this from my Son's school in Bebington.

[quote]Two Year 6 children have reported a “Stranger Danger” incident this morning on the way to school. The incident happened on a narrow pathway near the Civic Centre Library near Church Road in Bebington. They have reported being chased by a man dressed in a grey hooded top and carrying a black bin bag.

A detailed description of the incident has been reported to Merseyside Police. The front and rear exits of school will be manned by officers, as will the library area, after school today. Stranger Danger incidents such as this one are not uncommon, but can cause some children to become anxious. We will be speaking to all the children in their classes this morning- firstly to reassure them, but secondly to stress the importance of stranger danger awareness and the need for vigilance. Parents are welcome to modify their collection arrangements this evening if they wish and children who usually walk home will be allowed to contact parents if they wish to be collected. To amend collection arrangements, please contact....../quote]
The trouble is that if they are caught the courts fail us in their sentencing. Much stiffer sentences are needed to protect children from people like these.
Originally Posted by Dilly
The trouble is that if they are caught the courts fail us in their sentencing. Much stiffer sentences are needed to protect children from people like these.
well said clap animals should not be let out cages! caught once = locked up forever. These animals dont wake up 1 morning and think "bucket list #sky dive #kidnapp a child #bungee jump...." the only way these animals get t re-offend is #freedom #released. PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN A CURE.
It's a disgrace, I hope the men are caught and never released.
I feel like getting my arse up and standing by the school looking for anyone acting suspiciously, probably get nicked myself for acting suspiciously!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral