Forums
Posted By: TheDr RTC M53 Junc 4 Clatterbridge - Serious Accident - 4th Feb 2013 8:27pm
Just came off the M53 J4 by Storeton Woods and there are Police / Fire / Ambulance (approx 15 emergency vehicles) all over the junction if you were coming from the Liverpool direction.

Heading towards Liverpool is fine (apart from rubber neckers swerving all over the place) but the motorway is closed on the other side due to what appears to be a car meets truck incident, and the traffic is backed up for miles.

The incident itself is where the slip road leaves the motorway.

I have taken a few pictures from the roundabout (camera phone so probably not brilliant) however I won't post them yet as I don't know how serious it is.
Oh Dear, I hope nobody is seriously hurt, my son uses that motorway everyday and i hate it when i hear of a crash on M53, fortunately he is home. Hope all involved are ok.
M53 Southbound exit slip road closed due to overturned vehicle at J4 A5137 / B5137 / B5151 (Bebington). Traffic is moving well on the main carriageway.

http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/li/traffic.detail.5968606/?ref=ltp

I have to say that I've seen a few vehicles either up embankment or over turned on that junction, makes you wonder why they do to end up like that, hope everyone is ok.
The whole place is an accident black spot, especially southbound where morons fly down lane 3 at 80 mph+ where it merges into two lanes, forcing traffic in lane 2 to brake heavily.

You can't even argue against people in lane 2 keeping their distance because any safety space is swallowed up by people jumping in at the last minute.
Just been reading on the Liverpool Echo website. The people involved were a couple in their 70's. They were uninjured, but taken to APH as a precaution. It was a pretty grim site, we were stuck in the tailback. Glad everything turned out o.k
© Wirral-Wikiwirral