Forums
Posted By: Wench Missing - David Hannam. Have you seen him? - 25th Nov 2012 10:34pm
Can you keep an eye out for the Gent in this picture please!

He's my friends Grandad. His name is David. He's been missing from Willaston since yesterday! He was last seen entering the Wirral Way by Hadlow Road*. He was wearing a black deer stalker hat, blue fleece & gloves.

If you see him, or think you may have done, please contact me or Cheshire Police ASAP!!! Thank you!!

*Map here: Wirral Way, Hadlow Road.

Attached picture Steves Dad David.jpg
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Missing - David Hannam. Have you seen him? - 25th Nov 2012 10:57pm
Hope he turns up safe and well. The Dungeons part just off the wirral way near thursaston is quite dangerous in places and there is a steep bit where you could fall into the stream below and possibly not be seen by most walkers. best
Posted By: DA_DIBZ Re: Missing - David Hannam. Have you seen him? - 26th Nov 2012 6:32am
Hope he turns up, safe and well.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Missing - David Hannam. Have you seen him? - 26th Nov 2012 7:01am
Hope you get a happy ending to this worrying time,all our thoughts are with you. X
Hope he's found safe and well. Who's your friend Wench? His daughter in law works for me.
Posted By: Wench Re: Missing - David Hannam. Have you seen him? - 26th Nov 2012 6:22pm
This is what he was wearing when last seen. It is a CCTV image from Martins in Willaston.

If you are a dog walker or rambler and go anywhere near the Wirral Way, please, please keep your eyes peeled for him. If you are a farmer or live somewhere slightly remote around there & have outbuildings, can you please have a look in them in case he is seeking shelter in them.

He was possibly sighted at around midday on Saturday in Willaston but that's the last time. He's 80yrs old and not really dressed for this weather. If you even THINK you may have seen him, please either contact me or the Police on 101. Thank you!

Attached picture cctv image from martins in willaston at 0742 on saturday.jpg
Posted By: Wench Re: Missing - David Hannam. Have you seen him? - 26th Nov 2012 6:24pm
Thanks everyone - I hope he turns up soon. This weather is bad enough for youngsters, but at 80 it's worse.

Originally Posted by Capt_America
Hope he's found safe and well. Who's your friend Wench? His daughter in law works for me.

His son Steve & daughter in law Jo are my friends.
Posted By: Sneezy Re: Missing - David Hannam. Have you seen him? - 26th Nov 2012 6:28pm
Hope he turns up safe and well x
Posted By: granny Re: Missing - David Hannam. Have you seen him? - 27th Nov 2012 11:20am
Truly hope he's found soon.
There is a lot of support out there with newspaper articles, blogs, facebook and others.
Very stressful for all concerned, my thoughts are with them also.
Posted By: Wench Re: Missing - David Hannam. Have you seen him? - 27th Nov 2012 5:45pm
Thanks smile I'm glad that Asda finally caved in and agreed to put a poster up! Have to say that certain shops have been fabulous, especially Halfords who donated torches & hi-vis stuff so that the search could continue during the darker hours. Everyone has been great (apart from Age Concern who won't put a poster up) snob

CaptAmerica - that should have said his grandson & granddaughter in law.
Hi Wench, I was talking about Carol.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Missing - David Hannam. Have you seen him? - 29th Nov 2012 10:18am
Any news?
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Missing - David Hannam. Have you seen him? - 29th Nov 2012 4:04pm
Originally Posted by Wench
Thanks smile (apart from Age Concern who won't put a poster up) snob

Insane.
Posted By: Zubee Re: Missing - David Hannam. Have you seen him? - 2nd Dec 2012 1:03am
Has David been found? Any update please?
According to a FB page set up by his family - yes he has been found safe.
As much as I dislike FB for gossip and rumour this appears to be a genuine page

WE HAVE FOUND GRANDAD!!!!!!!!!

He is in hospital in Manchester and is quite well considering. Knows who we all are etc

Amazing news I knew we would all get!!

It came as a result of a poster with his face on. We could not have done it without your support this week.

You have all been amazing an the community support on top of the amazing Search and rescue and my police colleagues kept us strong

The weather has been horrific yet people still came out to look and spread the word.

I really can't thank everyone enough.

It shows what an amazing place the UK can be when people pull together.

A very thankful, tearful, elated

Steve
Grandson (with grandad)
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Missing - David Hannam. Have you seen him? - 2nd Dec 2012 9:18am
Thank goodness. I hope he can come home soon.
Very pleased he has been found!
Manchester random!
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Missing - David Hannam. Have you seen him? - 2nd Dec 2012 12:31pm
Good news .. Have just spoken to Ian and his wife the couple in Martins newsagent in willastan,They say he was found at 530am .. well me and the dog have done some miles this week aswell as meeting some nice folks in willaston.
Posted By: LaiSan Re: Missing - David Hannam. Have you seen him? - 2nd Dec 2012 12:39pm
So glad to hear Mr Hannam's found. Hope he is well and can be sent home soon. smile
Posted By: granny Re: Missing - David Hannam. Have you seen him? - 2nd Dec 2012 12:40pm
How amazing. So very, very pleased for everyone. Happy Christmas x
Posted By: Wench Re: Missing - David Hannam. Have you seen him? - 2nd Dec 2012 1:22pm
I cried this morning when I found out & I'm not ashamed to admit it!! It's been such a harsh week for all concerned. The relief is immense! Thank you to everyone who looked for him and shared posts on Farcebook & Twitter.

Cheshire SAR have been amazing as have Cheshire & Merseyside Police! Massive thanks to the Police in Longsight too! pc clap bowdown

Posted By: lindy Re: Missing - David Hannam. Have you seen him? - 2nd Dec 2012 1:38pm
Great news, so pleased he is safe.
Originally Posted by Sanchez
Originally Posted by Wench
Thanks smile (apart from Age Concern who won't put a poster up) snob

Insane.

As a volunteer with what was Age Concern, and is now AgeUK Wirral, I am furious that one of the shops refused to put up the poster. Which one was it (just want to make sure it wasn't the one I work at)? PM me if you don't want to name and shame.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Missing - David Hannam. Have you seen him? - 2nd Dec 2012 11:15pm
Nice to hear a bit of good news

Suppose its ok to take down the posters when we come across them. Seen loads on my travels around Caldy, Willaston etc.Offered up a prayer each time i saw one.
Posted By: DA_DIBZ Re: Missing - David Hannam. Have you seen him? - 2nd Dec 2012 11:41pm
Great news, so glad he is well.
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: Missing - David Hannam. Have you seen him? - 3rd Dec 2012 12:01am
How on earth did he end up in Manchester I wonder? Poor old bloke, he must have been so distressed and confused. Still, it's wonderful news that he's been found safe and hopefully well smile
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Missing - David Hannam. Have you seen him? - 3rd Dec 2012 12:05am
Assumption but yes it is great news.

Originally Posted by Elizabeth
How on earth did he end up in Manchester I wonder? Poor old bloke, he must have been so distressed and confused. Still, it's wonderful news that he's been found safe and hopefully well smile
Great news
Posted By: Dilly Re: Missing - David Hannam. Have you seen him? - 3rd Dec 2012 9:55am
Great news indeed, best wishes to him.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Missing - David Hannam. Have you seen him? - 3rd Dec 2012 10:31am
Bravo clap
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Missing - David Hannam. Have you seen him? - 3rd Dec 2012 11:56am
Great news smile
Posted By: Tilly Re: Missing - David Hannam. Have you seen him? - 3rd Dec 2012 5:45pm
Great news

echo news
© Wirral-Wikiwirral