Forums
Posted By: Willo_ Any one know a Mr & Mrs Smithhurst - 14th Nov 2012 11:24am
I know its a long shot.
Any one know a Mr & Mrs Smithhurst, I have found something lastnight that belongs to them, and I would like to return it sooner rather than later.
As they may just miss out on a holiday they have planned.

Am asuming they are from around Wallasey Village area. as that is where item was found.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Any one know a Mr & Mrs Smithhurst - 14th Nov 2012 11:43am
You found some passports bud?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Any one know a Mr & Mrs Smithhurst - 14th Nov 2012 11:46am
Take it to the Police Station ??
Posted By: chriskay Re: Any one know a Mr & Mrs Smithhurst - 14th Nov 2012 12:54pm
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer
Take it to the Police Station ??

Are there any Police Stations still open?
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Any one know a Mr & Mrs Smithhurst - 14th Nov 2012 1:00pm
This item has now been returned to owner, who i have just met in liscard, after a phone call from him.

On the item I found there was a name of a company that i could just about make out, so I searched for that company on line, it was in Staffs, I phoned them, (they could not give me details, due to data protection act) and they contacted the owner and gave him my number. It turns out I saved his holiday, he was made up, he offered me a reward, but being the gent i am, i did not accepted.
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: Any one know a Mr & Mrs Smithhurst - 14th Nov 2012 1:06pm
You're due some positive karma.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Any one know a Mr & Mrs Smithhurst - 14th Nov 2012 1:07pm
Originally Posted by DeanoBirko
You're due some positive karma.
Might play lotto tonight.
Posted By: ducky73 Re: Any one know a Mr & Mrs Smithhurst - 14th Nov 2012 1:21pm
what such a lovely person you are . like the above post says you must be due something well done . we need more people in this world like you . good luck on the lotto will keep my fingers crossed for you ..
Posted By: Chorizo Re: Any one know a Mr & Mrs Smithhurst - 14th Nov 2012 2:14pm
Do you just travel the Wirral searching for lost things? Phone and now passports!
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Any one know a Mr & Mrs Smithhurst - 14th Nov 2012 2:20pm
Originally Posted by Chorizo
Do you just travel the Wirral searching for lost things? Phone and now passports!
Stupid question is it not, and both items where found in Wallasey, so in answer to your question, no i do not.

So what do recommend i do if i find something, should i not try to reunite it back with owner.

And as for finding passports, I have no idea why you assume i did find passports. It was not passports. It was infact his holiday money.
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: Any one know a Mr & Mrs Smithhurst - 14th Nov 2012 2:42pm
any chance i can have your lotto numbers???hahaha
Posted By: Veronica_Blay Re: Any one know a Mr & Mrs Smithhurst - 14th Nov 2012 2:45pm
Originally Posted by ducky73
what such a lovely person you are . like the above post says you must be due something well done . we need more people in this world like you . good luck on the lotto will keep my fingers crossed for you ..
Thats exactly my thoughts as well.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Any one know a Mr & Mrs Smithhurst - 14th Nov 2012 3:05pm
Well done you, always good to hear about good deeds.
Posted By: colin86 Re: Any one know a Mr & Mrs Smithhurst - 14th Nov 2012 3:51pm
Living proof there is still good people on this planet. Well done mate not many people nowadays would of done that, hats off from me
Posted By: Sneezy Re: Any one know a Mr & Mrs Smithhurst - 14th Nov 2012 4:08pm
Well done BC...nice to hear some good news for a change smile
Posted By: Morgan2012 Re: Any one know a Mr & Mrs Smithhurst - 14th Nov 2012 4:37pm
Well done mate.Not many honest poeple about these days.
Posted By: torryman Re: Any one know a Mr & Mrs Smithhurst - 14th Nov 2012 5:11pm
Yeah well done ....it;s a great feeling when you do such a good deed.
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Any one know a Mr & Mrs Smithhurst - 14th Nov 2012 5:47pm
Holiday money with his place of work on it how lucky was he
Posted By: Chorizo Re: Any one know a Mr & Mrs Smithhurst - 14th Nov 2012 7:45pm
Touch a nerve did I? I was joking I thought that was quite obvious.
Posted By: NBSM51 Re: Any one know a Mr & Mrs Smithhurst - 14th Nov 2012 7:53pm

Been Gone from The old place for many years, and sick of reading about all the negative stuff back there,
So it a real pleasure to read about something decent and honorable.
Well done
Posted By: reddragon Re: Any one know a Mr & Mrs Smithhurst - 14th Nov 2012 9:14pm
well done again B&C
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Any one know a Mr & Mrs Smithhurst - 14th Nov 2012 9:49pm
Originally Posted by eddtheduck
Holiday money with his place of work on it how lucky was he
Why do people assume things, please point out where it was stated that it was his place of work.
Posted By: pegsgirl Re: Any one know a Mr & Mrs Smithhurst - 14th Nov 2012 10:33pm
Wish there where more people like you out there. Decent and honest. Mr and Mrs must have been delighted. Very well done mate. I wish for good fortune to find you.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Any one know a Mr & Mrs Smithhurst - 15th Nov 2012 6:02pm
Originally Posted by BurgerChips
Originally Posted by Chorizo

I have no idea why you assume i did find passports. It was not passports. It was infact his holiday money.

The only thing stopping anyone going away that you might have is passports...

Money can always be borrowed lol.

Posted By: kiwihead Re: Any one know a Mr & Mrs Smithhurst - 15th Nov 2012 9:31pm
o dear. whatever next is gonna happen in wally vill. things always getting found down there.hmmm
Posted By: kiwihead Re: Any one know a Mr & Mrs Smithhurst - 15th Nov 2012 9:37pm
so in your first post you said that you don't want them to miss out on a holiday they have planned? so how did you know the money was for a holiday if you had not spoken to mr smith? as this post was put up before you had contact? hmm
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Any one know a Mr & Mrs Smithhurst - 15th Nov 2012 10:09pm
Originally Posted by kiwihead
so in your first post you said that you don't want them to miss out on a holiday they have planned? so how did you know the money was for a holiday if you had not spoken to mr smith? as this post was put up before you had contact? hmm
What the hell does it matter to you, I do not have to explain myself to you, you probably think every one is a scally like you, so when ever any one does right, you dont like it.
Many years ago, I was a bad scally, but relised what hurt I was doing to people and having spent many years in and out of prison, I have turned the corner.
I posted on here as I had found items and cash, and wanted to return to rightful owner.
But as usual on here, no matter wheather you do right or wrong you get idiots, who want to question you.

I feel like am in the wrong here.

As far as am concered I did the right thing, ( yes of course, I thought about keeping the money, and a few years ago i would of) but am a different person now, if people want to have a go at me for doing the right thing, feel free to do so.

Am sure if you had lost something you would like someone to go out of there way to return it to you.

That is all I have to say on this matter, so feel free to post what you want, I have had my say.

Posted By: TheDr Re: Any one know a Mr & Mrs Smithhurst - 15th Nov 2012 10:13pm
If I'm carrying around money for a specific purpose I shove it in an old envelope, just to keep it separate.

I immediately thought of passports when he gave their names and said holiday, but it could quite easily have been foreign currency from a travel exchange (which would have their name on it) in an old work envelope. And no, I wouldn't give out all the details in a post as the REAL owners would know exactly what it was and what it was in.

B&C has just used Mormon sense, and given out enough detail to find the couple, no more, otherwise he could quite easily have people demanding "their" goods back.

I was out one night when someone found a purse on the floor, they passed it to me so we opened it to look for ID. We were in a takeout and she said to the owner that if anyone asks for a purse we were going to drop it off at the plod shop. A lad in there immediately said that it was his (he hadn't seen it but I doubted the fluffy pink purse was his style), so we just asked him what was in it or what name was on the ID inside, he immediately became aggressive and just wanted his f'kin purse back that had all his money in (which was strange as he'd just used his wallet to pay for his food). I don't like being threatened and politely explained to him that I wasn't going to respond to his request however it would be available from the load plod shop within the hour smile B&C just avoided the confrontation laugh
Posted By: kiwihead Re: Any one know a Mr & Mrs Smithhurst - 15th Nov 2012 10:38pm
so you say i am a scally , which is very wrong. i didn't say you were lying or if you were telling the truth. i didn't question you about keeping the money so don't know why you bought that up. i only asked how you knew it was holiday money if you hadn't spoken to the gent first. see with reading things on a screen like a text message , people don't know how that person is saying it or in what tone there saying it. i could of said wait i said with a raised eye brow an a smurk like yeah whatever havin a joke ya know. so saying im a scally of just reading of a screen is quite silly really. so add some beans to them chips an chill ya bean. smile
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: Any one know a Mr & Mrs Smithhurst - 15th Nov 2012 10:58pm
think some people on here need to wind their neck in!!!!someone did a good deed and thats the story!!!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Any one know a Mr & Mrs Smithhurst - 16th Nov 2012 2:07am
Originally Posted by BurgerChips

As far as am concered I did the right thing, ( yes of course, I thought about keeping the money

No one was questioning your moral integrity bud, all just a little confused that is all.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Any one know a Mr & Mrs Smithhurst - 17th Nov 2012 6:32pm
good on you BurgerChips!!!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral