Forums
Posted By: Willo_ Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 19th Sep 2012 9:43pm
To the taxi driver tonight, who, smashed my car window, and tried to stab me, thank you, just what i needed on a wednesday night, how thoughtful of you.
Posted By: Driver Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 19th Sep 2012 9:46pm
Flipping heck burger!
How, What, Who, Where and Why?!
Hope you're ok?
Posted By: Salmon Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 19th Sep 2012 9:50pm
Oh dear I hope you know who he was and more importantly that the police have the info.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 19th Sep 2012 9:51pm
Originally Posted by BurgerChips
To the taxi driver tonight, who, smashed my car window, and tried to stab me, thank you, just what i needed on a wednesday night, how thoughtful of you.

Does that mean if it had been a Tuesday would've been okay, come on, what happened ?
Posted By: reddragon Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 19th Sep 2012 9:51pm
did you get any details plate no/reg nummber or firm hes with
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 19th Sep 2012 9:55pm
On a delivery, and this idiot blocked my car, expecting me to reverse up the road, i refused, and carried on sitting in car, he got out of his car, went to his boot, came running to my car, smashed my window, and tried to stab me, i have never moved so god dam fast i can tell ya, staright out passenger door, and legged it, rang police.

He some how managed to get rid of weapon as police spent 45 mins trying to find it, its sitting in someones back garden, am going back tomorrow to knock on peoples doors to get them to look in there gardens.

as he went round back of houses to throw it, i noticed he had dropped his car keys, i picked them up and locked his car with remote fob, so he could not drive off.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 19th Sep 2012 9:56pm
Originally Posted by TheDr

Does that mean if it had been a Tuesday would've been okay, come on, what happened ?
if it had of been a thursday, it would not of been so bad as i dont work thursday, i lost a nights work, having to give a statement.
Posted By: Driver Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 19th Sep 2012 10:06pm

as he went round back of houses to throw it, i noticed he had dropped his car keys, i picked them up and locked his car with remote fob, so he could not drive off.

That is action film stuff! wink
Was it a hackney or did he belong to a taxi firm?
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 19th Sep 2012 10:27pm
Not a hackney, he also had no taxi signs on side of car, just a taxi licence on front
Posted By: lansyp Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 19th Sep 2012 10:33pm
sometimes they are a law upon them selves .i would have run the t--t over and then called the fuzz
Posted By: lansyp Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 19th Sep 2012 10:34pm
and it would have been self defence ,so i think by law you can use whatever you have in hand ie car steering wheel

Posted By: reddragon Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 19th Sep 2012 10:54pm
so did the police get the driver B&C If you have the plate number make sure you contact taxi licensing at wallasey town hall
Posted By: Capt_America Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 19th Sep 2012 10:54pm
Apologies to my brother in law who's a taxi driver, but they're all twots. There are loads of them on the road with form who have been passed fit to drive by the licensing committee. I bet the person who attacked you is one of these. They are not checked enough. Our daughter's friend was subjected to a terrifying sexual ordeal by a taxi driver in Liverpool recently and the twot got off with it.

I hope you get justice and this person is taken off the road for good.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 19th Sep 2012 11:06pm
you cannot class all taxi drivers like that, good and bad in all walks of life.
Posted By: rover644 Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 19th Sep 2012 11:23pm
Being a Hackney Driver myself i find this absoloutely shocking. All of us who make a living driving should be well used to having to reverse, pull in etc especially in the many narrow wirral streets, Its part of job. Clear mental health issues involved here me thinks. Hope your ok burger m8
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 20th Sep 2012 5:47am

He some how managed to get rid of weapon as police spent 45 mins trying to find it, its sitting in someones back garden, am going back tomorrow to knock on peoples doors to get them to look in there gardens.

so the police have his car now and will find him.
Posted By: MikeT Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 20th Sep 2012 6:39am
Originally Posted by Capt_America
Apologies to my brother in law who's a taxi driver, but they're all twots.

withthat

Hackney drivers are usually ok though. Maybe because they have the illuminated cab number in the window.

I hope you get justice and this person is taken off the road for good.

withthat

Hope you're OK B&C. Something like that would have left me shaking.
Posted By: jessiikahh Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 20th Sep 2012 7:01am
yesterday my sister got a cab over the road from john lairds it was a dark green cab the diver bald and 40s early 50s.anyway she got in the cab with her 3 children the eldest 7 with searve autism she cant speak or understand what is said to her and my sisters other two children are twins of 3.the little boy cant see at the moment going through treatment.anyway when they got in he wouldnt let her strap the children in safely he just drove and shouted to her were she was going.she said can u stop a min while I get them strapped in he snorted at her and carried on them my disabled neice started to shuffle her legs and make funny noises ( shes disabled) and the taxi driver started shouting at her to shut up and screamed at my sister to also shut that kid up!!!! my sister asked him to pull over and he wouldnt after her asking 3 times he stopped and shouted at them to get the fook out!!! im discusted.town hall have been rang he will get a warning bloody brilliant aint it when people are still allowed to discriminate the disabled espeshly a child.so next time you see a dark green cab id wait for the next!!
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 20th Sep 2012 7:21am
Originally Posted by eddtheduck

so the police have his car now and will find him.
yes the police have him
Posted By: RedLance Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 20th Sep 2012 7:21am
Bloody hell what is going on with these people, Hope you are OK Burger and as for Jess I hope the twot gets more than a warning for his behaviour he should be hung drawn and quartered lamethrower
hope the kids are OK this is the last thing they all need.
Posted By: rocks Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 20th Sep 2012 7:33am
BC glad your ok hun bloody hell it must have shook you up! and im glad cops have him so keep us updated please
Posted By: RedMen231 Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 20th Sep 2012 7:35am
Ive had many Arguments with taxi drivers mostly to do with the way they charge you differently,you could get into 3 taxis with the same firm and get them all to drop you off at the same place and all 3 of them charge you different amounts you feel your geting ripped off everytime or bus drivers who put there foot down the minute you step on there bus you dont get a chance to sit down especially when your holding your 2 year old child
Posted By: jaki1 Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 20th Sep 2012 8:11am
frickin hell burger.Hope you are ok.

what is the world coming to?

You would think you are safe in your own car.
Hope he gets a long sentence, could be attempted murder and throw away the key.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 20th Sep 2012 8:22am
The police contacted me and said, he has admitted smashing window, but can not find the weapon, even thos there is a witness to say he had one, (the witness is 7 yrs old, and was watching from his bedroom window) so they are not to happy using a 7yr old witness.

The police said the bloke has agreed to pay for damage.

So the police said they have a scheme called Restorative justice, where the 2 partys come to agreement and it does not go to court.

If it goes to court it will be sometime before i get compo to fix window.

So i am getting Auto Glass out this morning to put new window in, am then to take bill to police station, the police will contact the idiot who smashed it, and ask him to come to police station to pay, which he has agreed to do.

They said now he has admitted it, and agreed to pay, if he fails to do so by Monday 24th September, he will be re arrested.
Posted By: jemarc Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 20th Sep 2012 9:24am
i might sound stupid, but i dont care, he must of had a weapon of some description to smash your windscreen.
hope your ok x
Posted By: aaronazza Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 20th Sep 2012 9:30am
What an absolut winnit! I know u cant tar them all with the same brush but them taxi drivers do think they own the road jus because its there place of work, well am sorry but we pay TAX, MOT and INSURANCE so we have just as much right as u lot!!
Posted By: catlover Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 20th Sep 2012 9:50am
private hire licence number, together with incident log number from police (important) to licensing authority will see him lose his taxi licence
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 20th Sep 2012 10:06am
That was an horrendous experience Burger.

This man should be removed from any form of service where he comes into contact with the public.
Posted By: sunnyside Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 20th Sep 2012 10:08am
Originally Posted by Moonstar

This man should be removed from any form of service where he comes into contact with the public.
I totally agree with you moonstar,shocking experience for anyone to go through.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 20th Sep 2012 11:00am
Originally Posted by sunnyside

It's called road rage, I'm surprised the police are not charging him for that, must be due to the fact that burger himself was not assaulted as its a very serious offence nowadays.
Posted By: MikeT Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 20th Sep 2012 11:14am
Originally Posted by jessiikahh
yesterday my sister got a cab over the road from john lairds it was a dark green cab

Was it a Renault? Some prat in a dark green private hire Renault tried to run me off the road yesterday. Didn't get the plate number unfortunately.
Posted By: Fireblade Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 20th Sep 2012 11:29am
Glad your ok BC,where did this all happen ??
Just a quick note to ALL taxi drivers that might be reading
this,Oliver Street,is NOT a PRIVATE TAXI ROAD,its a PUBLIC ROAD..
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 20th Sep 2012 11:37am
Happened behind this wall, in claughton

Attached picture Capture.JPG
Posted By: Wench Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 20th Sep 2012 12:25pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_

It's called road rage, I'm surprised the police are not charging him for that, must be due to the fact that burger himself was not assaulted as its a very serious offence nowadays.

My Bold.

Technically he was, as the legal definition of "assault" is when a person intentionally or recklessly causes another to apprehend the immediate infliction of unlawful force. There are many sections that cover "assault", that increase in severity depending upon injuries sustained.

I hope you get everything sorted B&C, not a very nice situation to find yourself in! Idiots like that make me mad.
Posted By: joeblogs Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 20th Sep 2012 7:03pm
hope your ok bud,i`m private hire and i dont go round like that.thats disgracefully,its the odd few drivers that gives us a bad name,when the town hall finds out they will take his badge of him,what car was it?
Posted By: Sneezy Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 20th Sep 2012 8:06pm
Omg...hope you're ok B&C, must have been terrifying for you...hope he gets his licence taken off him at least.
Posted By: Capt_America Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 20th Sep 2012 9:05pm
Originally Posted by Dilly
you cannot class all taxi drivers like that, good and bad in all walks of life.

I apologise, I know some are good people, the story made me mad.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 20th Sep 2012 9:36pm
thanks Capt A. there are bad taxi drivers, doctors mechanics shop staff policemen etc, but thankfully most are good.
Posted By: Fatboy Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 21st Sep 2012 12:04am
Wow, kangaroo court or what !!
He's guilty...who says so?...one of the clan...what's the black man say?... who cares, hang him high boys.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 21st Sep 2012 12:20am
Originally Posted by Fatboy
Wow, kangaroo court or what !!
He's guilty...who says so?...one of the clan...what's the black man say?... who cares, hang him high boys.

A kangaroo court is "a mock court in which the principles of law and justice are disregarded or perverted".

So B&C said he did it.
The Police were called and arrested him for it
A witness saw him do it
The guy admitted it and is paying for it

Exactly which part of this is a kangaroo court ?

Nice first post by the way, welcome to Wiki
Posted By: Fatboy Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 21st Sep 2012 1:06am
I think perversion of justice is obvious when judgement is passed without hearing mitigation from the defendent.
Yes he was arrested, then released, without charge it seems.
I've yet to see a testimony from any witness, or any evidence that there was one.
He admitted to smashing a window, for which he is now offering to pay. Do you think the police would settle for that if they suspected serious fowl play.
I'd like to know what provoked him before I'm so quick to judge..wouldn't you.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 21st Sep 2012 6:06am
I think perversion of justice is obvious when judgement is passed without hearing mitigation from the defendent.
I've yet to see a testimony from any witness, or any evidence that there was one.
He admitted to smashing a window, for which he is now offering to pay. Do you think the police would settle for that if they suspected serious fowl play.
Read the post, go a little closer to the screen, so you can see it, put your reading glasses on.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 21st Sep 2012 6:12am
Posted By: RedLance Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 21st Sep 2012 7:25am
Think Fatboy might be an irate taxi driver joyride
Posted By: Tatey Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 21st Sep 2012 8:10am
FOWL play! was that a chicken joke!
Posted By: reddragon Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 21st Sep 2012 8:26am
put yourself in B&C's place Fatboy then see if you still think the same
causing criminal damage as in smashing the car window = a crime,
threatening behavior as in wielding a knife or some implement with a view to stab = a crime,
At the end of the day B&C ( innocent party ) is ok
Mr taxi driver now caught and going to pay for his activities of the incident ( ie paying for the window repair / possibly a court appeareance and then to suffer the wrath of taxi licencing.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 21st Sep 2012 9:23am
A jobs hard to come by these days, how foolish, i feel sorry for said individual as it's probably the stress of everyday life that caused him to snap.

Chin up fatboy smile
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 21st Sep 2012 9:33am
only asking as I not know but will he still have his badge took off him, if he as agreed to pay for your car to be fixed and the police aren't taking it to court.
Posted By: reddragon Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 21st Sep 2012 9:41am
If he does keep his badge I personally will be very suprised as he is a threat to the public who he deals with thru his job,
I remember one driver many yrs ago had warning after warning after warning to keep his private hire vehicle clean inside and out and didn't so he was called in and had his badge revoked this is trivial compared to what B&C has gone thru.
Also if licensing do revoke your licence you cannot apply to another council as you have to disclose if you have a badge elsewhere and it gets verified
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 21st Sep 2012 11:02am
A jobs hard to come by these days, how foolish, i feel sorry for said individual as it's probably the stress of everyday life that caused him to snap.

Chin up fatboy smile

Maybe it's just me but there always seems to be someone who will put in a word of sympathy for thugs. I don't get it.
oldman
Posted By: sunnyside Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 21st Sep 2012 11:07am
i'm with you bandy on that.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 21st Sep 2012 11:28am
Originally Posted by BandyCoot

Chin up fatboy smile

Maybe it's just me but there always seems to be someone who will put in a word of sympathy for thugs. I don't get it.
oldman

Ahem, losing his job is a big thing, one more on the state handout system, not good, will only make things worse.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 21st Sep 2012 11:41am
I understand he may of been having a bad day, but there was no need to do what he done.

However he has offered to pay the repair bill, and I am happy with that, I am not going to be the one to cause him to lose his job, he probs has a family to support.

We all do stupid things in a moment of madness, been there, done it, and worn the t-shirt.

So I am prepered to forgive him.

Window is fixed, and bill gets paid tomorrow.
Posted By: reddragon Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 21st Sep 2012 1:57pm
Your choice there B&C bad day or not he should not have done what was done, Hopefully there will never be another occurence of this nature to anyone else. You say he's paying the bill and hopefully some compensation to your loss of earnings and time having to get window repaired. Im sorry but I AGREE YOUR NOT THE ONE TO BLAME but its his problem if he does lose his job maybe just maybe he will think
TWICE
Posted By: Fatboy Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 21st Sep 2012 2:27pm
Not sympathizing at all, wouldn't you want all the pieces of the puzzle in place, so you can see the real picture, this one still looks a bit sketchy to me, why did he immediately go to his boot, if he wanted to attack you, couldn't he simply open the door, if the locks where on how would he have known that. So he runs to his boot in a frenzy having "snapped" for something heavy to smash the window, then thinks hang on, what else do I need, ah yes, something sharp to stab him with, then the attack takes place on the car, (that in itself could have killed you if you where close to the window), then an attempted stabbing,if this was to the upper body or head it's quite often fatal, so in my eyes attempted murder. The only escape was the passenger door, I've tried this maneuver, it doesn't happen in a hurry, my money would be on the frenzied assailant getting there first. Now if it was me that had miraculously escaped an attempt on my life, I would be out of there, and not looking back. No way would I be mucking around with his car keys. So the police arrive and there's a witness to this attempted murder, they are not going to leave after a mere 45 minute rummage? They have the attempted murderer in custody and grill him all night to get to the bottom of this vicious attack and finally conclude, shall we just make him pay for the window...rings the traumatized victim...is that ok with you sir...yeh that's fine.
And just like all good fairy tales...
Posted By: reddragon Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 21st Sep 2012 3:58pm
so IMHO you would have preferred a ringsite seat Fatboy
it happened, we were told, its resolved, end of
Posted By: dave_h Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 21st Sep 2012 4:16pm
Originally Posted by sunnyside

probably get a section 5 public order offence then
Posted By: rover644 Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 21st Sep 2012 4:20pm
Interesting Mr columbo
Posted By: joeblogs Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 21st Sep 2012 8:34pm
the police are doing this so they can say its delt with and sorted,its not good but in there eyes its a result and just another job done and ticked
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 21st Sep 2012 10:27pm
Not sympathizing at all, wouldn't you want all the pieces of the puzzle in place, so you can see the real picture, this one still looks a bit sketchy to me, why did he immediately go to his boot, if he wanted to attack you, couldn't he simply open the door, if the locks where on how would he have known that. So he runs to his boot in a frenzy having "snapped" for something heavy to smash the window, then thinks hang on, what else do I need, ah yes, something sharp to stab him with, then the attack takes place on the car, (that in itself could have killed you if you where close to the window), then an attempted stabbing,if this was to the upper body or head it's quite often fatal, so in my eyes attempted murder. The only escape was the passenger door, I've tried this maneuver, it doesn't happen in a hurry, my money would be on the frenzied assailant getting there first. Now if it was me that had miraculously escaped an attempt on my life, I would be out of there, and not looking back. No way would I be mucking around with his car keys. So the police arrive and there's a witness to this attempted murder, they are not going to leave after a mere 45 minute rummage? They have the attempted murderer in custody and grill him all night to get to the bottom of this vicious attack and finally conclude, shall we just make him pay for the window...rings the traumatized victim...is that ok with you sir...yeh that's fine.
And just like all good fairy tales...
You know nothing.
Posted By: PLUSONE Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 21st Sep 2012 11:33pm
Are you The Accused, Fatboy?
Posted By: oneofthree Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 22nd Sep 2012 6:03am
The police contacted me and said, he has admitted smashing window, but can not find the weapon, even thos there is a witness to say he had one, (the witness is 7 yrs old, and was watching from his bedroom window) so they are not to happy using a 7yr old witness.

The police said the bloke has agreed to pay for damage.

So the police said they have a scheme called Restorative justice, where the 2 partys come to agreement and it does not go to court.

If it goes to court it will be sometime before i get compo to fix window.

So i am getting Auto Glass out this morning to put new window in, am then to take bill to police station, the police will contact the idiot who smashed it, and ask him to come to police station to pay, which he has agreed to do.

They said now he has admitted it, and agreed to pay, if he fails to do so by Monday 24th September, he will be re arrested.

Sorry but that's a cop out ('scuse pun). If what you say happend then this lunatic needs locking up! A few quid for a car window and this guy is out and about until the next time he snaps. At the very least he should have had his taxi license revoked....
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 22nd Sep 2012 10:06am
Originally Posted by PLUSONE
Thats what am thinking.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 22nd Sep 2012 10:52am
Thats what am thinking.

Nahh, sounds more like a brief, then again the word "foul" would make one think otherwise.
Posted By: granny Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 22nd Sep 2012 11:22am

Dreadful experience for anyone. Well done for posting it on here BC and I hope you are ok now.

Reading between the lines, I have made up my own mind on this!
Posted By: Fatboy Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 23rd Sep 2012 2:08am
Thats what am thinking.

Nahh, sounds more like a brief, then again the word "foul" would make one think otherwise.

So I can't spell Armagedon....

It's not the end of the world.
Posted By: Fatboy Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 23rd Sep 2012 3:39am
I was in the supermarket today, and there he was.. Junior, Ah bless him, he was sitting there, arms folded, face like thunder, mummy wouldn't buy him the toy, HE'S NOT MOVING. he's done this before, mummy alway's gives in, so does daddy and nanny. But not today, because mummy's had a bad day, and junior's not quite so cute as he used to be, so he's about to find out who's boss.
A short time later my usual perusal of the bogofs was disturbed by the sight and sound of junior being dragged around the store sporting a bright red handprint on the back of his leg, he was screaming his innocence and mum was a big fat bully. Lillylivered liberal onlookers where aghast, how could a parent manhandle a child like that.
That night mummy put junior to bed and gave him a big hug, because she loves him, and junior loves her.
He may have learnt a lesson today, because one day he'll be out in the big bad world, and continuous juvenile behavior is just asking for an ass kicking.
Sadly some don't learn.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 23rd Sep 2012 5:56am
hand idiot
Posted By: dave_h Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 23rd Sep 2012 8:51am
Originally Posted by rover644
Interesting Mr columbo

sherlock
Posted By: jaki1 Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 23rd Sep 2012 10:23am
Did the tosser pay for the window Burger?
Posted By: granny Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 23rd Sep 2012 10:27am
Considering you registered on Wikiwirral in 2009 Fatboy and this is the first topic on which you have made any posts , one must conclude that this incident has touched a raw nerve somewhere. Far greater than anything else!
think

Clearly, from your perception of things, you are a bit messed up! I hope you can understand the majority of reactions to this incident as most people condem violence of any discription, even the sad little boy related in your story.People make mistakes, which doesn't mean we all should make the same mistakes.I hope that processing your feelings on this site helps you to overcome your traumas. We are listening, but unfortunately, don't agree with your mindset.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 24th Sep 2012 10:57am
Originally Posted by jaki1
Did the tosser pay for the window Burger?
On my way to police station now, to collect money.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 24th Sep 2012 1:57pm
Damage now paid for.
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 24th Sep 2012 2:56pm
BC you may have been compensated fot the damage he did, and you may be satisfied with that, but I for one really don't see how this serves the best interests of the rest of the population...

I must say I find it really odd that the Police would act as a go-between to let someone who has (let's face it) committed (and admitted carrying out) at least one crime, one of which was criminal damage, to simply pay for it and otherwise get off scot-free? It alsmost seems like they are condoning the attack.

I always thought it was the Police's duty to enforce the law and when sufficient evidence of wrongdoing exists, to prosecute alleged criminals? If such an admission of guilt as "I will pay to fix the damage I did" is not sufficient, then what the heck is?

It alsmost seems they no longer feel any need to prosecute criminals as long as they are willing to admit it? What on earth is going on?

I don't think I like where this is headed...
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 24th Sep 2012 3:02pm
Originally Posted by CVCVCV
BC you may have been compensated fot the damage he did, and you may be satisfied with that, but I for one really don't see how this serves the best interests of the rest of the population...

I must say I find it really odd that the Police would act as a go-between to let someone who has (let's face it) committed (and admitted carrying out) at least one crime, one of which was criminal damage, to simply pay for it and otherwise get off scot-free? It alsmost seems like they are condoning the attack.

I always thought it was the Police's duty to enforce the law and when sufficient evidence of wrongdoing exists, to prosecute alleged criminals? If such an admission of guilt as "I will pay to fix the damage I did" is not sufficient, then what the heck is?

It alsmost seems they no longer feel any need to prosecute criminals as long as they are willing to admit it? What on earth is going on?

They call it Restorative Justice, where the 2 partys come to agreement and it does not go to court. I think it lets the police close the book on it, a notch in there book to say case closed.
Posted By: Wench Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 24th Sep 2012 3:21pm
Originally Posted by CVCVCV

The Police have no choice - it's not something they decided to do, it was the Government. It's based on the need for "swift and sure justice". If you want to know what it's about, then read the White Paper, strangely entitled "Swift and sure justice".

As for the prosecution comment, the police don't prosecute people, the CPS do. Yes it is frustrating when the public feel that people have "got off" with offences, but it's equally, if not more so, frustrating for the police to do all the leg work to gain a conviction for the CPS to decide there isn't enough to run with or that it's "not in the public interest" to pursue it. If anyone has issues with people not getting their just desserts, blame the CPS, not the police. The CPS have the final say.

It doesn't really matter if the public "like where this is headed", the government have pushed it through, it's in place, end of really.
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 24th Sep 2012 4:25pm
The Police decide whether to initiate the process for a Prosecution. That was what I meant.

And I just looked up the White Paper - here's a quote:

"We will also simplify and extend police-led prosecutions. The Home Secretary recently announced that, in addition to existing police powers to prosecute low-level traffic offences, we will introduce changes to enable the police to continue to prosecute these cases when there is no plea or the defendant fails to appear, avoiding unnecessary adjournments and the handing of cases over to the Crown Prosecution Service. We will also extend this simpler, police-led, approach to a wider range of low-level offences."

End of? Hmmmmmmm! This doesn't sound like the Government telling the Police to let people off and become reparation brokers, to me. Perhaps I read the wrong paragraph.
Posted By: Zubee Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 24th Sep 2012 4:30pm
This incident doesn't sound anything like a 'low level' offence, unless we haven't heard the whole story?
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 24th Sep 2012 4:37pm
Seems to have been treated as one, Zubes!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 24th Sep 2012 5:38pm
So do the police give you the money then he owes it to them on a pay back scheme? If the attacker is broke how do you receive compensation?
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 24th Sep 2012 7:20pm
Originally Posted by Sanchez
So do the police give you the money then he owes it to them on a pay back scheme? If the attacker is broke how do you receive compensation?
he went to police station gave them the money, and i went to collect it
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 24th Sep 2012 8:49pm
Happy days, must have been a few quid for him to stump up. perhaps he should learn to keep his cool eh!
Posted By: tedtaylor Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 27th Sep 2012 10:43am
He wasn't a taxi driver he was a private hire driver people just don't know the difference.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 27th Sep 2012 11:21am
Ah, Wiki semantics.
Posted By: reddragon Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 27th Sep 2012 11:30am
private hire and hackney driver come under the same category of
TAXI DRIVER
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 27th Sep 2012 11:34am
Originally Posted by tedtaylor
He wasn't a taxi driver he was a private hire driver people just don't know the difference.
A taxicab, also taxi or cab, is a type of vehicle for hire with a driver, used by a single passenger or small group of passengers, often for a non-shared ride. A taxicab conveys passengers between locations of their choice. In modes of public transport, the pick-up and drop-off locations are determined by the service provider, not by the passenger, although demand responsive transport and share taxis provide a hybrid bus/taxi mode.

Therefore he was a Taxi Driver

Posted By: Fatboy Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 27th Sep 2012 4:59pm
Don't you just love a bit of Monty Python, only trouble I have,it's sometimes a bit too silly. I start to think, that could never happen, or nobody's that stupid, just like the one were the oldish couple are watching tv, then a parachutist suddenly crashes into the room, the wife, still knitting, turns to the husband, and says, Darling, there's a man hanging from the sitting room ceiling, then he replied, no dear, don't you mean drawing room. The man hangs helplessly as the two argue.
I'll leave it there, because it's very very silly,
Don't you think.
Posted By: reddragon Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 27th Sep 2012 9:05pm
you wrote it
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 28th Sep 2012 8:10am
I'll leave it there, because am very very silly,
Don't you think.
Yes I do.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 28th Sep 2012 8:16am
Originally Posted by tedtaylor

Explain away!
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 28th Sep 2012 9:30am
So Robert De Niro wasn't a taxi driver then?
Posted By: Fatboy Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 28th Sep 2012 11:02am
I'll leave it there, because am very very silly,
Don't you think.
Yes I do look very silly now.
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 28th Sep 2012 11:20am
offtopic this topic is over ffs how much long is it going drag on and on and on. now it's getting to people editing posts idiot
Posted By: pebbles16 Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 28th Sep 2012 12:17pm
I agree
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 28th Sep 2012 1:05pm
Nobody is forcing you to look at it.
Posted By: granny Re: Attacked By a Taxi Driver - 28th Sep 2012 2:39pm
To be honest, I think Fatboy has been here before.Very similar manner of argueing, as another who posted on this thread.

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/686572/Chinese_Orphanages.html#Post686572

Could be wrong but.....
© Wirral-Wikiwirral