Forums
Posted By: Zelda2012 assaulted on monday evening - 22nd Aug 2012 7:15pm
got to love then not.am still waiting for them to call and see me after my daughter was assaulted on monday evening twice by the same girl when she went the shop.
I phoned the police who said they would sent a patrol out and we are still waiting.they arranged to call yesterday and never and i am now waiting again for them.
problem is my daughter won't go out on her own now.
she knows this girl and they have never gotten on.going back 3 years she battered my daughter and it was all recorded on cctv in the school.i was persuaded not to press charges and the girl was exspelled out of the school.
problem is every time she see's my daughter she snarles at her and like a trooper my daughter ignores her,But how are you supposed to ignore someone who is constantly in your face and hitting you.
anyway i am still waiting for the police to call to sort this out.problem i have is if this girl hurts my daughter again do i just sit here and wait for the police or do i sort it myself.i mean how long are you suppose to wait.
the girls are both 16.
my daughter does not like violence of any kind never has and probably never will.
Posted By: jpharrison Re: assaulted on monday evening - 22nd Aug 2012 7:20pm
its pathetic aint it! however, if you do something wrong, i bet they will be round asap
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: assaulted on monday evening - 22nd Aug 2012 7:31pm
i would bet my life on them comming to get me if i did something wrong.looking back i should of ignored the police and had her prosecuted
Posted By: ukpaul30 Re: assaulted on monday evening - 22nd Aug 2012 7:46pm
Thats the police for ya , i rang them up the other night about some lads drinking in there car they parked up i counted one lad the driver drank 10 cans anyway the police turned up 2 hours later has a word with the lads then police drove off so i rang them back to see what was going on and the lads told the ploice they was going to walk home and yes guess what happened next???????????? yup another hour later the lad got in the car drove farward into a hedge and then drove off, i was gob smacked to say the least, i never ring the police up about anything but when it comes down to drink driving i hate it
Posted By: chipppie Re: assaulted on monday evening - 22nd Aug 2012 8:25pm
Hey hun. Why not ring the police back and say dont worry about sending anyone round now, ive battered her myself. I bet within minutes there would be dozens of police cars outside your house lol
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: assaulted on monday evening - 22nd Aug 2012 8:32pm
would be funny lol
but you are right they would be
Posted By: Willo_ Re: assaulted on monday evening - 22nd Aug 2012 9:47pm
Originally Posted by Zelda
problem i have is if this girl hurts my daughter again do i just sit here and wait for the police or do i sort it myself.i mean how long are you suppose to wait.
the girls are both 16.
my daughter does not like violence of any kind never has and probably never will.
Well if you daughter does not like violence, then you wont be setting a good example if you go sort it out your self.

If you do go sort it out yourself, you will get in a whole load of trouble, as the girl is only 16.

I advise you go to police station, and ask to see an inspector, and say you wish to make an official complaint, they will soon come out and be all nice to you.
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: assaulted on monday evening - 22nd Aug 2012 10:36pm
i am still waiting for the police to come getting stupid now this is.
yes she is 16 which makes her responsible for her actions.she attacked my daughter and should of been arrested on monday night.
i will take your advice and go police station 2morro
Posted By: cathie Re: assaulted on monday evening - 22nd Aug 2012 10:43pm
If you know where the girl lives go and see a solicitor and get them to write to her parents threatening to take them to court if this threatening behaviour towards your daughter doesn't stop, it may cost you the price of a letter (usually around £25) but it'll be money well spent...alternatively if they are council/housing association tenants they would be in breach of their tenancy agreement allowing such behaviour.
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: assaulted on monday evening - 22nd Aug 2012 10:58pm
think they are private tenantcy.
i know last time she was told to stay away from my daughter and it did seem to work but she started again.
I think i will call in at the police station 2morro and ask to speak to the inspector and see what happens from there.its a sad thing when you are affraid to go out incase you bump into a bully.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: assaulted on monday evening - 22nd Aug 2012 11:16pm
could you apply for an injunction against this girl?
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: assaulted on monday evening - 22nd Aug 2012 11:21pm
i want her arrested nothing less.
the law says.
Age 10
- In England, Wales and Northern Ireland, you are criminally responsible at 10 years old. That means that you are legally responsible for your actions. Any criminal behaviour will be dealt with by the courts.
Posted By: casper Re: assaulted on monday evening - 23rd Aug 2012 6:50am
Threaten to write to the Globe about the inactivity of the police in dealing with bullying and harrasment, they dont like negative publicity
Posted By: ducky73 Re: assaulted on monday evening - 23rd Aug 2012 7:33am
yeah I would go police station . thats out of order .your poor daughter . i was bullied all through my secondry school .its not nice . iam nearly 40 now .but still haunts me . keep us all informed . good luck
Posted By: Mark Re: assaulted on monday evening - 23rd Aug 2012 7:35am
Zelda
Can you say what area this happened please. Or this becomes more of an advise topic. By saying where then we can also be more aware.
Posted By: mikethetrainman Re: assaulted on monday evening - 23rd Aug 2012 8:15am
sorry to read about whats happend to your daughter hope you get it sorted!, I know whats its like to be bullied also have you got in touch with the I.P.C.C which the police have and make a complaint?.
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: assaulted on monday evening - 23rd Aug 2012 9:02am
it was in bebington teehey lane mark
Posted By: eggandchips Re: assaulted on monday evening - 23rd Aug 2012 9:45am
you can bet your life, if you 'phoned and said she had been racially abused, there would have been 4/5 cars there within minutes.
Posted By: 2005wireman Re: assaulted on monday evening - 23rd Aug 2012 3:06pm
press charge against this person,your daughter and others need to be allowed to go out to the shop without being scared of getting beaten up.Hope you get this storted. You can always do what i did and that was write a letter to the chief constable of merseyside police complaining about what happens you will get a reply and he proberly come and see you, I did this and got the result i wanted...
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: assaulted on monday evening - 23rd Aug 2012 5:56pm
Hi Zelda ,i`m really sorry to hear about this ,your poor daughter ,how are you keeping your hands off her ,the little bitch ,hope your girl`s alright and you it must be soul destroying for all of you ,i hope the police do some thing about this and quick xx
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: assaulted on monday evening - 23rd Aug 2012 6:06pm
trust me gypsyjune if i could i would but i would lose my job.
and you would be reading about it all on here lol
was told today they were deffo comming so far they not been.just going to eat me tea and phone them
Posted By: dave_h Re: assaulted on monday evening - 23rd Aug 2012 10:02pm
i would bet my life on them comming to get me if i did something wrong.looking back i should of ignored the police and had her prosecuted

lesson learned hun
Posted By: dave_h Re: assaulted on monday evening - 23rd Aug 2012 10:04pm
Originally Posted by BurgerChips
problem i have is if this girl hurts my daughter again do i just sit here and wait for the police or do i sort it myself.i mean how long are you suppose to wait.
the girls are both 16.
Well if you daughter does not like violence, then you wont be setting a good example if you go sort it out your self.

If you do go sort it out yourself, you will get in a whole load of trouble, as the girl is only 16.

I advise you go to police station, and ask to see an inspector, and say you wish to make an official complaint, they will soon come out and be all nice to you.

totally agree, make them work hun, dont let them fob you off!!!!
Posted By: mrhanky Re: assaulted on monday evening - 23rd Aug 2012 10:33pm
why don't you just go to the police station with her?
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: assaulted on monday evening - 23rd Aug 2012 10:54pm
because i thought when you phoned 999 they would come out.i never realised the police would not come.
also got phone call off them to say they would be out and i told them not to bother as i am going to bromborough station 2morro to make official complaint.
think its about time this bitch bit back.
my other daughters back windscreen got smashed tonight in victoria street and she phoned police and they came out in force 2 vans and 4 cars.so pehaps if i lived in birkenhead they would of come out
Posted By: Anonymous Re: assaulted on monday evening - 23rd Aug 2012 11:39pm
if it was my daughter I would have enrolled her at a martial arts club. if your daughter cant protect her self respect now she will always be victimised.
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: assaulted on monday evening - 23rd Aug 2012 11:49pm
Originally Posted by joalex
if it was my daughter I would have enrolled her at a martial arts club. if your daughter cant protect her self respect now she will always be victimised.

my daughter does do martial arts infact she is doing her black belt grading in december.
she has always been told at her classes the first form of self defence is to run away.And if she uses it outside her classes she will get kicked out.
Its not that she carn't defend herself.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: assaulted on monday evening - 24th Aug 2012 12:03am
There is not enough police to police the borough, end of.
Not the plods fault.

From what you have said Zelda, you know who attacked your daughter. I assume you know her name, address etc- the little bitch will be dealt with accordingly-and arrested,charged and convicted, in time.
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: assaulted on monday evening - 24th Aug 2012 12:05am
yes rude i know her name and were she lives
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: assaulted on monday evening - 24th Aug 2012 12:14am
She'll 'get it' eventually, horrid little cow!
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: assaulted on monday evening - 24th Aug 2012 12:15am
i will keep you informed
Posted By: Anonymous Re: assaulted on monday evening - 24th Aug 2012 12:23am
running away is not in my opinion a form of self defence. if your daughter is being taught that she should be running elsewhere and you should claim a full refund. are you sure she has been attending? its the first bullied black belt martial artist I ever heard of. the next time you take the karate kid to a class tell the teacher he is a sh*t bag with no balls. your daughter has the right to defend herself and if that means throwing a few crane kicks and she gets thrown out the club, so be it. take her elsewhere. best of luck.
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: assaulted on monday evening - 24th Aug 2012 12:26am
thanks for your advice joalex but think i will pass on that one.as for the martial arts they all say the same thing about first form of self defence.i took the liberty of googling it for you.

The importance of teaching your children Self-Defence.

Teaching actual self defence to children:

The first rule of self defence is to run away. Any "self defence" course that doesn't emphasise this point is not good at all. 90% or more of self defence is enabling you to run away, e.g. if someone grabs you, how to make them let go so you can run away. There are also other important things to remember about running away, even if someone threatens you with a gun, the chances of them hitting you as you run away are very slim indeed (most criminals are not good marksmen either, because of rules and regulations about owning and learning to use firearms, and even an excellent marksman will find it hard to shoot someone running away from them.). So even then you should run away as fast as possible. Also, when alone in potentially dangerous situations, planning an escape route is very important. Hence the danger of dark alleyways (might not be anywhere to run to) and the importance of staying in well lit, wide streets (not only do you have a good chance of being able to run away, there is a good chance you/the potential attacker will be seen by passers by, which will not only deter the attacker but may also provide witnesses that will help the police in arresting them etc) - also, most attackers will not bother to chase you if you run away. Most attackers are after easy targets, either to mug them or sexually assault them, they will not take the trouble to chase someone.

While this is very good advice, it is also VITALLY important that your children realise that you can't always fight someone off, especially if its a child that is attacked by an older child or an adult.... firstly this emphasises the first rule of self defence (run away) and secondly if something DID happen to the child, if they feel that they did something wrong by not successfully defending themselves, this can increase the likelyhood of them suffering long term psychological problems because of what happened. Always emphasise, when things like that happen (e.g. your child sees something about it on the news) that it is not the victim's fault, and that anything you are teaching your child about self defence is not guaranteed to work in every situation, but is to increase their chances of being able to get away unscathed)

Regards bullying at school, things like martial arts are great, because it gives children the confidence to stand up to bullies, and also a child can use techniques like these if they are attacked by other children, and doing so will usually stop them from being a target for bullying againn (but you must make sure that they realise the importance of only using the techniques to protect themselves not for bullying, or for disproportionate responses to mild bullying (e.g. kicking someone in the head in response to namecalling))

--------------

Other things for personal safety with children:

Personally I think it is far far far more valuable to teach children what the dangers are and how to avoid them, than simply keeping them under lock and key. One of my friends at school was overprotected until the age of 18 then went totally crazy once she was 18 and did lots of very dangerous things, she was naive to the dangers that are out there, she saw advice like "don't go hitchhiking" as adults making boring rules trying to control her, rather than as important advice to keep her safe from what a certain kind of man would do to a woman once he'd got into her car. So the wrapping them in cotton wool thing doesn't work in the long term.

So teaching them about the dangers and WHY you won't let them do certain things, and other general advice about how to protect themselves (in a prevention is better than having to get yourself out of a dangerous situation kind of a way) is far more valuable.
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: assaulted on monday evening - 24th Aug 2012 12:46am
on the above note goodnight wiki
Posted By: Anonymous Re: assaulted on monday evening - 24th Aug 2012 12:55am
cheers zelda. has this method helped your daughter? has running away taught your daughter to stand on her own two feet. I regret to inform you that martial arts has and always will be used as a form of self defence.. y bother wasting the time of police officers if your daughter can run away?
Posted By: jen8505 Re: assaulted on monday evening - 24th Aug 2012 5:40pm
Joalex did you join this site to argue because all I have seen is ridiculous posts from you!
Posted By: Salmon Re: assaulted on monday evening - 24th Aug 2012 5:57pm
To Joalex, You really do need to think about what you are saying.All Martial artists are taught from day one that it is not a method of attack, for you to suggest otherwise shows a complete misunderstanding. Here we have a young girl being bullied by an absolute b####h and the authorities are letting her down.To suggest she should use her training to attack the bullier is simply making her as bad as the bully. I hope that Zelda manages to get the help her daughter deserves.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: assaulted on monday evening - 24th Aug 2012 6:28pm
I to hope zelda gets it sorted & I would like to personally apologise to zelda for any offense I may have caused. I will also apologise for suggesting your daughter could throw a couple of crane kicks, which could cause severe injury. a black belt martial artist should be well equipped to block the strikes of a coward without needing to strike back. I do not and will not support the use of violence, however people have the right to defend themselves, family & property. it is within the law to use reasonable force to defend yourself, family & property and I am truly sorry if that offends you or anyone else.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: assaulted on monday evening - 24th Aug 2012 6:34pm
I to hope zelda gets it sorted & I would like to personally apologise to zelda for any offense I may have caused. I will also apologise for suggesting your daughter could throw a couple of crane kicks, which could cause severe injury. a black belt martial artist should be well equipped to block the strikes of a coward without needing to strike back. I do not and will not support the use of violence, however people have the right to defend themselves, family & property. it is within the law to use reasonable force to defend yourself, family & property and I am truly sorry if that offends you or anyone else.

Eh man everyone's entitled to their own opinion, don't worry.

Personally if I caught someone breaking into our house the mission would be to cause as much damage to them as possible, I do condone violence for things like burglary etc but when it comes to a kid being bullied it's a tottaly different matter.

Cops need to get their asses into gear and get more on the bully beat.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: assaulted on monday evening - 24th Aug 2012 6:56pm
Have the police been to see you yet?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: assaulted on monday evening - 24th Aug 2012 7:53pm
Posted By: Anonymous Re: assaulted on monday evening - 24th Aug 2012 8:05pm
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: assaulted on monday evening - 24th Aug 2012 10:51pm
I phoned police to day told them i am going to make a complaint as am very unhappy with the way they are handling things.told them i know how busy they are but this should have been delt with.
They said they would be calling today but as am not too well we have appointment on monday at 10am so will let you all know how things go.
Thanks to all for advice very much appreciated.
Posted By: SammyJones Re: assaulted on monday evening - 24th Aug 2012 11:12pm
post for mark2621. get in the real world u muppet an do 1 yourself.

I'll raise a glass the day you make a sensible post.

Posted By: SammyJones Re: assaulted on monday evening - 24th Aug 2012 11:13pm
I phoned police to day told them i am going to make a complaint as am very unhappy with the way they are handling things.told them i know how busy they are but this should have been delt with.
They said they would be calling today but as am not too well we have appointment on monday at 10am so will let you all know how things go.
Thanks to all for advice very much appreciated.

I really sympathise with your situation but take into account how many stabbings are occurring, just take a look at the news section on here. They do need to prioritise these things.
Posted By: Mark Re: assaulted on monday evening - 25th Aug 2012 7:33am
wikiopinion
Posted By: mrhanky Re: assaulted on monday evening - 25th Aug 2012 8:20pm
running away didn't help garry kelly.

to the op, this isn't a flippant question and please don't take it personally, if the incident has caused so much distress why can't you just go to the police station and make a statement there?

when i did a statement for the police the other year i was asked to go to them to do it.
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: assaulted on monday evening - 25th Aug 2012 9:20pm
sorted now
Posted By: Anonymous Re: assaulted on monday evening - 25th Aug 2012 9:35pm
glad to hear that... its not nice stressing and worrying about loved ones and its also not nice having to watch this happen to a loved one. happy you got it sorted.
Posted By: J_123 Re: assaulted on monday evening - 27th Aug 2012 3:26pm
Awful thing what has happened to your daughter, glad to hear it's been sorted out now. It mustve been hell for you worrying.

The problem is this type of incident would be graded as a scheduled response which means they make an appointment to come and see you. Above that are immediate responses (emergency - Must get there within 10 minutes) and priority response (Must get there within the hour). The patrol sections are stripped bare nowadays so the scheduled responses do take a while to get around to as the emergencies and priority responses always have to take priority.

As a side note, ringing 101 for this type of thing is more appropriate than 999, 999 is for emergencies.
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: assaulted on monday evening - 27th Aug 2012 5:14pm
i thought assault was a 999 not 101.
we have been told to 999 it if it happens again
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: assaulted on monday evening - 27th Aug 2012 5:53pm
So did your daughter phone 999 and they have only just responded!? Cant see that. I assume that phoning 999 is the advice given in the event of (hopefully not) a future attack?
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: assaulted on monday evening - 27th Aug 2012 6:00pm
yes she did rude thats why i have made a complaint
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: assaulted on monday evening - 27th Aug 2012 6:07pm
omg! sorry Zelda, i didn't realise. No wonder you were so pissed off.
Posted By: J_123 Re: assaulted on monday evening - 27th Aug 2012 9:40pm
999 is only for emergencies, if it's happening right now. If it's already happened 101. The way it's dealt with does not differ as in the end it will go to the same person, it just means that people with genuine emergencies who are being assaulted there & then can get through quicker.

I don't want to sound criticising, as I know it must've been an awful incident. It's just I've been in the situation before where I've needed the police and couldn't get through on 999, I had to wait for 2 minutes watching a lad being beaten by 10 others who had weapons because all of their lines were busy. And I'm willing to bet there were some people in the queue before me who didn't have genuine emergencies, if they'd rang the right number I'd have been able to get through quicker and got the help fast.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral