Forums
Posted By: Brown_Horrocks Lots of police at Birkenhead Job Centre - 24th May 2012 11:03am
Just driven past the Job Centre in Price Street and there were lots of Police people standing in the dorrway and walking up and down the road between the Job Centre and Hamilton Square.

No idea what was happening, no ambulance or Fire Brigade present
possible ploice training? for collecting their unemployment benefit as some are being made jobless soon with the cut backs!. think
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Lots of police at Birkenhead Job Centre - 24th May 2012 11:56am
Lol laugh
Posted By: jen8505 Re: Lots of police at Birkenhead Job Centre - 24th May 2012 12:26pm
Isn't this the second time in as many weeks the police have been there?
Does this surprise people? Where do the pavement scrapings of the Wirral need to go regularly to keep up their benefits!?

Yup.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Lots of police at Birkenhead Job Centre - 24th May 2012 1:54pm
Originally Posted by Chris_Peacock
Does this surprise people? Where do the pavement scrapings of the Wirral need to go regularly to keep up their benefits!?

Yup.
They won't find much there though peacock, mostly ciggie butts and empty beer cans.
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Lots of police at Birkenhead Job Centre - 24th May 2012 2:14pm
I watched it unfold,was parked up in Albion St,The guy was like a mad man,they where trying to get him into one of those Jackets you know the ones with the long sleeves and the thingy on the back ..... forgot what there called??
Posted By: lilmac Re: Lots of police at Birkenhead Job Centre - 24th May 2012 2:14pm
Sorry Im new to this apparently it is due to last weeks incident of someone harming themselves in the job centre. Police are there to screen people for weapons so I. have been told
Lilmac is absolutely right, somebody self harmed themselves in there last week so they have one of those things set up that you have too walk through and it beeps if you have any metal on you like at airports, and they also have one of those hand wands as well.
Terrible when it comes to this......:(
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Lots of police at Birkenhead Job Centre - 24th May 2012 3:25pm
Originally Posted by xxwildspiritxx
Lilmac is absolutely right, somebody self harmed themselves in there last week so they have one of those things set up that you have too walk through and it beeps if you have any metal on you like at airports, and they also have one of those hand wands as well.

They are probably more worried about smack heads with needles smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Lots of police at Birkenhead Job Centre - 24th May 2012 3:26pm
Isn't it a great world we live in now ? Mmmmmmmmm. frown
Originally Posted by xxwildspiritxx

Yes this is right, there have been a couple of incidents at the jobcentre to warrant this....particularly the gentleman that harmed himself on thursday last week. The police were not only looking for weapons but drugs aswell...I am led to believe that 2 people have been arrested.

I work in the medical centre which is within the Jobcentre on Price Street so unfortunately I do know more details about today and Thursday and other incidents but out of respect wont disclose.

It is a very sad day when police have to be outside a Jobcentre.

I hope Wirral people sort themselves out soon, it looks as though it's beginnin to be a horrible place to live!
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Lots of police at Birkenhead Job Centre - 24th May 2012 4:34pm
Hmmm... imagine 1,000's of years ago, if the early humans had decided to drug themselves into oblivion or top themselves if someone else didn't look after them to their liking. We have come a long way, haven't we!!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Lots of police at Birkenhead Job Centre - 24th May 2012 8:08pm
Originally Posted by CVCVCV
Hmmm... imagine 1,000's of years ago, if the early humans had decided to drug themselves into oblivion or top themselves if someone else didn't look after them to their liking. We have come a long way, haven't we!!

Your in a much better part of the world now, bet you are glad you moved, it's becoming a joke around here frown
Posted By: dave_h Re: Lots of police at Birkenhead Job Centre - 24th May 2012 8:45pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_

Your in a much better part of the world now, bet you are glad you moved, it's becoming a joke around here frown

withthat
Dare I suggest that it's ALWAYS been shit?

Dare I suggest that it's shit EVERYWHERE?

Dare I suggest that the low crime areas have blossomed into medium crime areas and that high crime areas have exploded with crime?

Do we blame parents? Government? Teachers? SOCIAL MEDIA?
Posted By: granny Re: Lots of police at Birkenhead Job Centre - 24th May 2012 9:25pm
Maybe we could put them all into a container and ship them to Iraq or somewhere nice and hot.
Fare paid ,of course.
Posted By: katyem Re: Lots of police at Birkenhead Job Centre - 24th May 2012 9:26pm
They were scanning those entering the job centre for weapons and such like. There were 3 officers.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Lots of police at Birkenhead Job Centre - 24th May 2012 9:30pm

Well, lets hear your views on the matter, who would you point the finger at?

smile
Posted By: Brown_Horrocks Re: Lots of police at Birkenhead Job Centre - 24th May 2012 10:03pm
Originally Posted by katyem
They were scanning those entering the job centre for weapons and such like. There were 3 officers.

More like ten officers and at least four cars when I drove past
Posted By: Turrican Re: Lots of police at Birkenhead Job Centre - 25th May 2012 12:29am
You say "I hope Wirral people sort themselves out soon, it looks as though it's beginnin to be a horrible place to live!"

But in the same post you say "I do know more details about today and Thursday and other incidents but out of respect wont disclose."

I honestly think that here lies the problem: the vast majority of people on the Wirral are honest hard working, tolerant folk. But why in hell should we give respect to the people that are ruining the place? Junkies and alcoholics who cause so much crime (causing our council tax, car insurance etc to be so high) should have no entitlement to our tax money, or our respect.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Lots of police at Birkenhead Job Centre - 25th May 2012 2:37am
Originally Posted by Turrican
You say "I hope Wirral people sort themselves out soon, it looks as though it's beginnin to be a horrible place to live!"

But in the same post you say "I do know more details about today and Thursday and other incidents but out of respect wont disclose."

I honestly think that here lies the problem: the vast majority of people on the Wirral are honest hard working, tolerant folk. But why in hell should we give respect to the people that are ruining the place? Junkies and alcoholics who cause so much crime (causing our council tax, car insurance etc to be so high) should have no entitlement to our tax money, or our respect.

Spritey has to think about her own position too, she works within the vicinity so obviously cannot disclose too much information.
Posted By: MikeT Re: Lots of police at Birkenhead Job Centre - 25th May 2012 5:20am
Originally Posted by granny
Maybe we could put them all into a container and ship them to Iraq or somewhere nice and hot.
Fare paid ,of course.
One way, of course.

Well, lets hear your views on the matter, who would you point the finger at?

smile

Parents. ... breeding .... Vicious circle. Anyone who can see, hear, and breathe knows what's right and what's not.

Posted By: oneofthree Re: Lots of police at Birkenhead Job Centre - 25th May 2012 7:12am
There is a huge lack of self respect and that breeds a lack of respect for everyone/everything else.

We live in a severely challenged area in severely challenging times but if you don't give people hope you end up with hopeless people.

What we need are jobs not cuts. Give people a bit of respect and a bit of cash and they will soon grow to respect themselves and value the part they can play in society. Of course there are those who will always swing the lead and claim a free ride but it's sad to think that someone can get so desperate and so disheartened that they injure themselves.....
Posted By: Katryn Re: Lots of police at Birkenhead Job Centre - 25th May 2012 7:51am

Yup.

Some people no fault of their own have to use the job centre to look for jobs etc dont be insensitive,
withthat withthat
Originally Posted by Turrican

withthat withthat
Posted By: 1972jazz Re: Lots of police at Birkenhead Job Centre - 25th May 2012 10:41am
Maybe bringing back subscription would help? A couple of years ago in the snow advisors were telling claimants not to bother coming in, while the mayor of New York told them to grab a coat and a shovel to clear snow, or else!
Posted By: dave_h Re: Lots of police at Birkenhead Job Centre - 25th May 2012 11:19am
Originally Posted by 1972jazz
Maybe bringing back subscription would help? A couple of years ago in the snow advisors were telling claimants not to bother coming in, while the mayor of New York told them to grab a coat and a shovel to clear snow, or else!

love it!
Posted By: OxtonHill Re: Lots of police at Birkenhead Job Centre - 25th May 2012 12:59pm

Fare paid ,of course.

Or Atlanta GA USA.

Atlanta Crime figures 2010
Aggravated Assault:2507
Drug Arrest: 3788
Robbery:2132
Residential Burglary:6392
Larceny: 8240
Auto Theft: 4961
Murder:93
Rape:89

I'll stick with Birkenhead a bit longer I think oldman
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Lots of police at Birkenhead Job Centre - 25th May 2012 1:36pm
LOL oxton hill, it's a MUCH larger place with a MUCH larger population.

smile
Posted By: OxtonHill Re: Lots of police at Birkenhead Job Centre - 25th May 2012 1:44pm
It was a bit tongue in cheek doh

But I'm sure you get my meaning yes

Population of Atlanta 2011, 420,003.
Population of Cheshire 2011, 673,781.

I'll stick with Cheshire a bit longer oldman thumbsup
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Lots of police at Birkenhead Job Centre - 25th May 2012 5:26pm
Mine was a comment on the human condition in general, not location-specific. I just find it pathetic how many peple seem to think they have a right to expect other people to take care of them, when frankly they shold be taking care of their own sorry asses. Wherever they live, be it Atlanta GA, Wirral, or anywhere else. How exactly do they think those other people got to be in a position to be able to help them? By holding their hands out too???
Posted By: oneofthree Re: Lots of police at Birkenhead Job Centre - 25th May 2012 7:37pm
Originally Posted by OxtonHill

Fare paid ,of course.

Or Atlanta GA USA.

Errrr hate to be an old pedantic Pete but you really need to look at the per capita and per district rates I guess Atlanta has about 5 times the amount of people living there...........

Atlanta Crime figures 2010
Aggravated Assault:2507
Drug Arrest: 3788
Robbery:2132
Residential Burglary:6392
Larceny: 8240
Auto Theft: 4961
Murder:93
Rape:89

I'll stick with Birkenhead a bit longer I think oldman
Posted By: nidgynoo Re: Lots of police at Birkenhead Job Centre - 25th May 2012 11:05pm
I used to "claim the dole" up until almost 18 months ago,before that I was self employed for over four years in a totally different field.Where I work now,I worked for an extra £15..something(a week) doing 30 hours a week but gained huge experience and landed a job when one came available..guess my point is we are not all druggies, ... etc but it annoys me everyone who signs on is tarred with the same brush!!
Posted By: granny Re: Lots of police at Birkenhead Job Centre - 26th May 2012 12:11am
Originally Posted by nidgynoo
I used to "claim the dole" up until almost 18 months ago,before that I was self employed for over four years in a totally different field.Where I work now,I worked for an extra £15..something(a week) doing 30 hours a week but gained huge experience and landed a job when one came available..guess my point is we are not all druggies, ... etc but it annoys me everyone who signs on is tarred with the same brush!!

I don't think that's quite true nidgynoo. We all know that when people hit bad times,they need assistance in many ways, and I don't think many would deny them. Unfortunatley, there are also many who see the government hand outs as their permanent subsidy in life and use them in all the wrong ways and don't appear to be on the same planet. I don't believe they will ever change and they are the ones who give a bad name to genuine claimants. Which right minded person would truly wish to be on the 'dole' if they didn't have to?
Maybe there should be two different catagories.......'the unemployed' and as they have in other parts of Europe...'the Beggers'.
If the Beggers were given that classification, just maybe, they would do something about it. There's a lot in a name.
Posted By: katyem Re: Lots of police at Birkenhead Job Centre - 26th May 2012 8:33pm
Originally Posted by Brown_Horrocks

3 Police officers and 2 police cars for over an hour around 12pm onwards when I was parked in car right outside, all they were doing then was scanning people.
Posted By: Brown_Horrocks Re: Lots of police at Birkenhead Job Centre - 26th May 2012 10:13pm
Originally Posted by Brown_Horrocks

3 Police officers and 2 police cars for over an hour around 12pm onwards when I was parked in car right outside, all they were doing then was scanning people.

So you have said - twice.

Perhaps if you look at the time of my first post, given that I was driving past the job centre into Birkenhead and then drove home before posting, that the incident which occured had been resolved before you arrived at 12pm, or do you think I am making it up?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral