Forums
Posted By: turnip Armed Robbery One Stop - 25th Feb 2012 12:50pm
There's been another armed robbery, this time at the one stop in upton. Two men, one with a knife and one with a gun.

Bad times.
Posted By: dawnmo234 Re: Armed Robbery One Stop - 25th Feb 2012 1:06pm
Where about is that?
Posted By: turnip Re: Armed Robbery One Stop - 25th Feb 2012 1:21pm
down the row of shops towards the shell garage.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Armed Robbery One Stop - 25th Feb 2012 1:35pm
It was open as normal this morning when I drove past
Posted By: dawnmo234 Re: Armed Robbery One Stop - 25th Feb 2012 1:46pm
Somewhere By dominos and sue porters?
Posted By: DJ_Karl_David Re: Armed Robbery One Stop - 25th Feb 2012 1:54pm
this is the second time in 2 weeks this shop has been done. I work on that row and it gone done 2 weeks ago around the same time. Same description of weapons as in all the others aswell this gang must get caught soon
Posted By: Carolyn Re: Armed Robbery One Stop - 25th Feb 2012 2:09pm
Any one know what happend in the prenton park last night windows smashed and blood all over them frown
Posted By: Chorizo Re: Armed Robbery One Stop - 25th Feb 2012 2:18pm
Originally Posted by Carolyn
Any one know what happend in the prenton park last night windows smashed and blood all over them frown

I would suggest starting a new thread about that as you would be more likely to get an answer
Posted By: Carolyn Re: Armed Robbery One Stop - 25th Feb 2012 2:31pm
Thank u new 2 this smile
Posted By: songbird Re: Armed Robbery One Stop - 25th Feb 2012 2:47pm
hope the police get them soon, before someone gets hurt its only a matter of time when weapons are used
Posted By: Chopper1979 Re: Armed Robbery One Stop - 25th Feb 2012 6:29pm
I was talking to one of the staff in there after the first robbery- the nice Irish lady that worked there has now gone back to Ireland due to the scare and the other member of staff who was there will not do nights now if I am correct.
They are sick people who, by the sound of it are so dumb that the may be the same ones who have come back for a second time- Hope they get caught- what if i or somebody else was in the shop today with their child- ... bags.. Upton and the surrounding areas is getting worse- it got better at one point but now, probably due to the state of the country good hard working people are stuck living in the area with low life next door to them. No excuses.
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Armed Robbery One Stop - 26th Feb 2012 12:32am
Originally Posted by Chopper1979
with their child

Uh, they'd probably stay still as told as the shop would get robbed just the same?

Not sure why you feel the need to use that as an example. Doesn't really make a difference what age the people in the shop are.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Armed Robbery One Stop - 26th Feb 2012 5:50am
Lol, ye can always rely on ex0 to tell it how it is, amen that man!!

laugh
Posted By: Chopper1979 Re: Armed Robbery One Stop - 26th Feb 2012 10:19pm
It does make a difference as an adult can interpret things in a totally different way to a child. As any parent would agree, you would rather your kid not see something that could potentially damage their little minds. Obviously either you do not have kids or cannot comprehend how a stresful situation like that can affect someone- I myself have been in a situation like that. I am sorry you don't have the intelligence to understand this yet but maybe as you mature and encounter life in the future you may eventually understand. I am new to this site and hope any further posts I make which you would like to comment on, please just ask me to explain further if you need reasons behind my comments. Thanks for your input though- by the way apparently another shop has been done in Prenton Dell- terrible.. Lets hope they were all adults in the shop hey.
Posted By: Wench Re: Armed Robbery One Stop - 26th Feb 2012 11:34pm
I can see ex0's point - as in it wouldn't make a difference to those committing the robbery. People like that don't give a toss who they affect in their wake.
Posted By: Mark Re: Armed Robbery One Stop - 27th Feb 2012 12:00am
wikiopinion
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Armed Robbery One Stop - 27th Feb 2012 12:12am
Originally Posted by Wench
I can see ex0's point - as in it wouldn't make a difference to those committing the robbery. People like that don't give a toss who they affect in their wake.

That wasn't my point. It's ok though, Matt and AlexT got it tease

My point was he's heading towards the usual 'OMFG, PROTECT TEH CHILDREN' frame of mind. It's ridiculous and completely unnecessary. Armed robbery is a terrible thing, trying to make it into something worse for no reason is getting close to the scare tactics used by the likes of of The Sun & The Daily Mail.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Wench Re: Armed Robbery One Stop - 27th Feb 2012 11:32am
Originally Posted by ex0__

That wasn't my point. It's ok though, Matt and AlexT got it tease

My point was he's heading towards the usual 'OMFG, PROTECT TEH CHILDREN' frame of mind. It's ridiculous and completely unnecessary. Armed robbery is a terrible thing, trying to make it into something worse for no reason is getting close to the scare tactics used by the likes of of The Sun & The Daily Mail.

Ahh. I see that point too wink Personally, I don't see any difference between what they see in these "shoot 'em up" games on the ps3xplaywiistationbox things and seeing it in real life. Most kids these days are desensitised to violence because of them. Just my personal opinion of course.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Armed Robbery One Stop - 27th Feb 2012 11:56am
Personally, I don't see any difference between what they see in these "shoot 'em up" games on the ps3xplaywiistationbox things and seeing it in real life. Most kids these days are desensitised to violence because of them. Just my personal opinion of course.

An opinion I agree with 100% Wench
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Armed Robbery One Stop - 27th Feb 2012 12:03pm
We should start a movement to ban all violent video games.

Then we can ban violent tv.

And loud/angry music.

And the internet, there's bad stuffs on there.

Once this is done maybe we'll be closer to the cause of the problem! *cough*obviouslybadparenting*cough*
Posted By: Wench Re: Armed Robbery One Stop - 27th Feb 2012 12:23pm
I don't think they should be banned, just that parents should act responsibly when purchasing such games. I don't think we can ban stuff because of the impact it "might" have, but surely a bit of common sense should prevail.

And yes I know it was tongue in cheek wink
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: Armed Robbery One Stop - 1st Mar 2012 2:02pm
They lifted them last night

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums...ed_Robbers_Finally_Caugh.html#Post671790
© Wirral-Wikiwirral