Forums
Posted By: sean99789 Heavy traffic a41 - 24th Feb 2012 3:07pm
Campbeltown road closed and fire engines on a41 due to a incident nearby not broadcasting why but it's genuine
Posted By: 8HBob Re: Heavy traffic a41 - 24th Feb 2012 3:24pm
I think it's something in Cammell Lairds yard, as I saw police & ambulance incident teams going in about an hour ago.

Bob.
Posted By: sean99789 Re: Heavy traffic a41 - 24th Feb 2012 3:35pm
Originally Posted by 8HBob
I think it's something in Cammell Lairds yard, as I saw police & ambulance incident teams going in about an hour ago.

Bob.

Your right there is an incident there no injuries to anyone just a safety measure
Posted By: AR_One Re: Heavy traffic a41 - 24th Feb 2012 3:41pm
Can't say much myself but I understand it's a minor accident with no injuries but there's lots of safety precautions that have to be taken in incidents of this nature
Posted By: MrHouston Re: Heavy traffic a41 - 24th Feb 2012 4:39pm
Fire Tackled In Shipbuilding Hall

Friday, 24 February 2012
Campbelltown Road, Birkenhead.
Firefighters were called to a fire at a shipbuilding hall.

Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service was called at 1.17pm to Cammell Laird Shipyard in Campbelltown Road, Birkenhead.

The relatively small fire was near acetylene cylinders and oxygen cylinders located in the construction hall.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus tackled the fire while an evacuation took place on the Cammell Laird site.

Hoses were set up in the area to cool the cylinders.

Cooling operations are set to continue for at least 24 hours.

No residential properties have been evacuated.

Campbelltown Road has been closed and all of the buildings requiring evacuation, as a precaution, have now been evacuated in the area.

There were no reports of any injuries.

A fire engine from Birkenhead Community Fire Station was first on scene. A fire engine from Upton Community Fire Station also attended.

Four fire engines are on scene to help with water supply to cool the cylinders.
Posted By: jaki1 Re: Heavy traffic a41 - 24th Feb 2012 4:47pm
thanks for info mrhouston.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral