Forums
Posted By: carole696 police by birkenhead park ????? - 21st Feb 2012 8:19pm
i have heard via a few different contacts that there is police and ambulance all around birkenhead park also been told police helicopter is out any one got any ideas ??? i have heard a few rumors but dont want to say until its been confirmed
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 21st Feb 2012 8:23pm
Fire engine went in lower park with its blues on. Police car didn't seem so sure and drove on round.
Posted By: plumber Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 21st Feb 2012 8:26pm
Was riding my bike through the Park on the way to the girlfriends an seen police fire engines just over the road from the rugby club , had all the hill cordened off by the trees , was told what had happened but I don't think I need to say what , sad times on the Wirral at the min
Posted By: carole696 Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 21st Feb 2012 8:29pm
well must be the same as iv heard then this place has become a sad place to live in there has been so much tragedy and trouble over the past few weeks to last a life time
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 21st Feb 2012 8:32pm
Bloody hell, not more grief for some poor soul. I got my 3 kids, 4 now, out of Birkenhead in 1976, not something I wanted to do but circumstances etc. glad I did now, they're all doing ok and think B'head is a bit like Tombstone.
Posted By: plumber Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 21st Feb 2012 8:52pm
Yer some crazy stuff goin on round Birkenhead at the min , you only have to look at some one the wrong way and there kickin off for nothin , too meny people (kids) that want to make a name for them selfs , the place is turning in to some were you don't go out after dark
Makes you think twice about bringing a kid in to the world , I know when my little girl is born in 3 months I will have a massive knife under my bed and I will be sleeping with one eye open because that's the way things are goin round here , the police are run of there feet at the min
Posted By: donni Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 21st Feb 2012 8:58pm
So, what's meant to have happened in Birkenhead Park now? Most probably a gang of kids just hanging out.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 21st Feb 2012 8:59pm
Sorry, meant to say that I find B'head like Tombstone. I don't even tell them what's going on they'd be sick with worry, for their mam not me.
oldman
Posted By: Sallybear Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 21st Feb 2012 9:03pm
So HAS anything happened or is this just another rumour thread?
Posted By: plumber Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 21st Feb 2012 9:07pm
No it's not a rumour , read up
Posted By: Silverback Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 21st Feb 2012 9:21pm
Posted By: turnip Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 21st Feb 2012 9:23pm
Ayeeee. I'm hearing someone has committed suicide.

Bad times.
Posted By: kimpri Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 21st Feb 2012 9:55pm
Hear say = rumours smile
Posted By: donni Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 21st Feb 2012 10:19pm
The way the OP didn't tell what had happened just made the tension unbearable.
Posted By: mrsmonroe Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 21st Feb 2012 10:34pm
Young man in his 20`s took his life am afraid! was well liked too!
Posted By: lansyp Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 21st Feb 2012 10:38pm
its now on facebook ,young man dead thats all i know at the moment except he was a twin
Posted By: jen8505 Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 21st Feb 2012 11:08pm
I've just seen his name on Facebook but don't know if it's appropriate to post it yet?
Posted By: kirstee24 Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 21st Feb 2012 11:09pm
Been told a name but don't wanna say just incase 21 year old initial AN is what I've been told and local ...
RIP such a shame ... Thoughts are with family and friends and anyone who knew the young lad
X x
Posted By: jen8505 Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 21st Feb 2012 11:10pm
That's the same I've just seen
Posted By: jessiikahh Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 21st Feb 2012 11:11pm
I kew who he was :'( nd also knew his sisters such a sad time and loved by many :'(

R.I.P <3
Posted By: cathie Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 21st Feb 2012 11:38pm
Originally Posted by Silverback
Originally Posted by donni
So, what's meant to have happened in Birkenhead Park now? Most probably a gang of kids just hanging out.

'Strange fruit' hanging on park tree!

Allegedly.

Tactless remark.

A well liked young man could see no better way out than to take his own life. Condolences to his family, especially his twin brother who will be lost without him...I hope he has found some peace.

RIP
Posted By: chipbutty Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 21st Feb 2012 11:55pm
so sorry for the family, although previous poster tackless remark it was posted well before the fact were know!
Posted By: cathie Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 21st Feb 2012 11:59pm
The poster obviously knew someone had been found hanging in the park to make the remark about "strange fruit hanging in the park" regardless of the facts it was still tactless.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 22nd Feb 2012 12:05am
Waiting for a link from an official source....
Posted By: jen8505 Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 22nd Feb 2012 12:13am
A group has now been set up for him by his friends on facebook. It appears he was well loved. Such a sad loss
Posted By: kellz Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 22nd Feb 2012 4:59am
can i just say sum of the heartless comments made on ere if u have nothing nice to say then do not leave a comment gets me so mad wen u dont know the ins and outs of situation this lad was my fellas nephew our family are heartbroken at the tragic loss such a lovely lad with a heart of gold will be sadly missed please think of his family as u write ur comments as his family are in complete shock an deverstated with there sudden tragic loss R.I.P ********* u will always be in our hearts especially ones whom were closest to you.XXXXXX
Posted By: MikeT Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 22nd Feb 2012 7:46am
Originally Posted by jen8505
A group has now been set up for him by his friends on facebook.

Could someone post a link to the group please? I can't find it.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 22nd Feb 2012 7:47am

Wikinews

wikiopinion
Posted By: Lil_bird Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 22nd Feb 2012 8:04am
There will always be differing opinions about suicide but the main point is another young life has ended. Such a sad loss, thoughts go out to family and friends. Hope he has found peace
Posted By: oneofthree Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 22nd Feb 2012 8:48am
I don't think anything was personal....nobody was to know this poor lad was related to someone on this board, the comment was perhaps tasteless but not personal. I find it hard to reconcile one so young being so desperate but only he will know his reasons. God bless.
Posted By: Chorizo Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 22nd Feb 2012 9:53am
The 'strange fruit' comment was disgusting how ever you look at it.
Posted By: kimpri Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 22nd Feb 2012 10:19am
Originally Posted by Chorizo
Notify it smile ,
Posted By: Silverback Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 22nd Feb 2012 10:22am
Originally Posted by Chorizo

Was it? You sure? You actually know the origins of the phrase?

The phrase was coined in the 1930's America to cover the shameful, criminal waste of human life left hanging from trees in the south of the country.

If you don't think the loss of this young lads life was a shameful waste of a young life then maybe it was a 'disgusting', 'tactless', 'tasteless, comment, I obviously think otherwise!
Posted By: oneofthree Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 22nd Feb 2012 11:01am
The phrase was actually coined to describe the lynching of blacks in the Southern States. It was a tasteless phrase to use under the circumstances and to try to justify it now by comparing this tragedy with the atrocities back then in The States is equally tasteless.
Posted By: Chorizo Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 22nd Feb 2012 11:13am
withthat
Posted By: Chorizo Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 22nd Feb 2012 11:32am
I don't believe you meant any harm but 95% of people don't know the meaning of that phrase and you must have known that when posting it. Bit of sensitivity please
Posted By: Silverback Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 22nd Feb 2012 11:54am
Originally Posted by oneofthree
The phrase was actually coined to describe the lynching of blacks in the Southern States. It was a tasteless phrase to use under the circumstances and to try to justify it now by comparing this tragedy with the atrocities back then in The States is equally tasteless.

Ah, my apologies, didn't realise it was tasteless to describe the waste of white lives, I assume he was white, in trees, no matter how they get there, but perfectly OK to describe blacks left in a similar position, in such a way.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 22nd Feb 2012 11:55am
The same "comedians" all the time.

Condolensces to the family and those who knew him.
Posted By: chriskay Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 22nd Feb 2012 12:05pm

Ah, my apologies, didn't realise it was tasteless to describe the waste of white lives, I assume he was white, in trees, no matter how they get there, but perfectly OK to describe blacks left in a similar position, in such a way.

Yes, profoundly tasteless and no amount of your contorted logic will make it any better.
Posted By: Chorizo Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 22nd Feb 2012 12:06pm
Ah maybe I wad wrong and you did mean harm.
Posted By: alann Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 22nd Feb 2012 12:08pm
people seem to be straying away from the main reason for this link,and yes some comments are uncalled for.... R.I.P.
Posted By: Mark Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 22nd Feb 2012 12:22pm
wikiopinion

wikinews
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 22nd Feb 2012 12:47pm
Carnt believe it

Another good lad frown

This is all getting out of hand

R.i.p dude
Posted By: oneofthree Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 22nd Feb 2012 12:47pm
Originally Posted by oneofthree

Your apologies are accepted.
Posted By: MINCHI Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 22nd Feb 2012 8:15pm
does anyone have a link to the facebook page
such a sad loss R.I.P
Posted By: Jessielove Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 22nd Feb 2012 8:23pm
R.I.P Andy gone but never forgotten mate thinking of your family and friends at this sad time frown
Posted By: Brass Re: police by birkenhead park ????? - 22nd Feb 2012 11:11pm
RIP Andy
© Wirral-Wikiwirral