Forums
Posted By: blackie Armed Robberies - 13th Feb 2012 10:14pm
Not sure if anyone else has heard but i know of 2 (possibly 3) that took place last night. anyone heard about any?
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: Armed Robberies - 13th Feb 2012 10:16pm
what you mean by armed robberies?guns?shops?houses?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Armed Robberies - 13th Feb 2012 10:17pm
Nothing on the Wirral Globe about it! Who said it?
Posted By: blackie Re: Armed Robberies - 13th Feb 2012 10:25pm
sorry was a little vague in opening post, on two shops and like i said possibly a third. Bargain Booze on Pensby road was robbed and I heard the one in heswall too, not too sure bout the heswall one tho, also the premier shop on new ferry road although they were unable to get anythin from this shop due to shopkeeper fighting back!!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Armed Robberies - 13th Feb 2012 10:28pm
Armed robbery; and they were unable to get anything, cos the shopkeeper fought back? So what did he have then, an M16?

Is that a cow I can smell?
Posted By: blackie Re: Armed Robberies - 13th Feb 2012 10:32pm
i dont know im just telling you what i know, thought someone else may of heard something? can honestly say as far fetched as it sounds it is actually true
Posted By: Carolyn Re: Armed Robberies - 13th Feb 2012 11:17pm
it was the spar in newferry
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Armed Robberies - 13th Feb 2012 11:23pm
Great, more Chinese whispers...

whistle
Posted By: bushnut Re: Armed Robberies - 13th Feb 2012 11:42pm
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Armed Robberies - 13th Feb 2012 11:44pm
Posted By: DaveWez Re: Armed Robberies - 14th Feb 2012 12:14am
Premier store formerly the Spar on New Ferry Road was held up. Male owner apparently had a gun held to his head whilst store assistant had a knife held to her. Owner then fought back, this is all I have heard.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Armed Robberies - 14th Feb 2012 5:13am
wikinews
Posted By: turnip Re: Armed Robberies - 14th Feb 2012 9:50am
They had a gun and a machete actually, and there's been reports of 6 across wirral in as many days.
Posted By: puntoar Re: Armed Robberies - 14th Feb 2012 10:18am
Not heard a thing, Hope everybody is ok
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: Armed Robberies - 14th Feb 2012 11:54am
I heard the Bargain Booze in Greasby opposite the farm has been done aswell, the door is now locked and you have to knock to enter, he said they were done on Sunday.

He didn't wan't to say too much so don't know what they are armed with

I rember a spree of them last year also
Posted By: gopher Re: Armed Robberies - 14th Feb 2012 2:57pm
They tried to smash their way into the new shop at the top of Green Lane , Tranmere at 01.00am on Monday morning but ran off when alarm went off, they badly damaged the roller shutter at the rear of the premises ( the old YARD pub).
Posted By: DJ_Karl_David Re: Armed Robberies - 14th Feb 2012 3:29pm
There have been a few inb the area recently. The one stop shop in upton village was done early evening 2 weeks ago along with the wellington road in oxton shops.

And the beechwood estate these are the 3 i know deffo happened all within 2 weeks. Guns and knifes the weapon of choice
Posted By: cooldarls Re: Armed Robberies - 14th Feb 2012 10:38pm
i know the co-op on saughall massie was held up in the past two weeks. one of the shop assistants was hit with the firearm.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Armed Robberies - 15th Feb 2012 3:53pm
The mind boggles, why not a jewellery shop or an armoured truck?

Posted By: ex0__ Re: Armed Robberies - 15th Feb 2012 4:29pm
Cause airpistols don't do much damage against an armoured truck or a pissed off shop owner.
Posted By: johnny Re: Armed Robberies - 16th Feb 2012 1:43pm
how do you know it was an airpistol
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Armed Robberies - 16th Feb 2012 1:50pm
I don't know, it's an educated guess. 95% of 'armed robberies' are people with metal pipes and rusty old machetes, of the 5% that actually have FIREARMS how many do you think are actually airpistols or replicas? I'd guess a huge amount, especially when it's to knock off some shitty off licence for a hundred quid.
Posted By: johnny Re: Armed Robberies - 16th Feb 2012 2:27pm
so your just guessing and not very educated....
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Armed Robberies - 16th Feb 2012 2:30pm
Originally Posted by johnny

Now you've started it.

raftl
Posted By: johnny Re: Armed Robberies - 16th Feb 2012 2:36pm
i haven't started anything but people just guessing at stuff is stupid where does it say 95% of armed robberies are with a bit of pipe or an air pistol....if you knew anything of airpistols you would know what damage one could do at close range....
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Armed Robberies - 16th Feb 2012 2:40pm
I know nottink, I just watching and waiting.
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Armed Robberies - 16th Feb 2012 2:46pm
Originally Posted by johnny

Ahh the irony. Claiming I'm uneducated when you don't know the difference between 'your' and 'you're'.

A minute of googling:

"Airguns are involved in almost half of all gun crime and are responsible for almost a quarter of all gun injuries. "Low powered" airguns are capable of delivering fatal injuries, as well as other less serious injuries.

The data confirm that a majority of all recorded gun offences are being committed with weapons that do not require registration. Offences with airguns and imitation guns accounted for at least 53 percent of the total."

http://www.infertrust.org/air_guns.asp

http://www.soca.gov.uk/threats/armed-robbery
Posted By: johnny Re: Armed Robberies - 16th Feb 2012 2:59pm
i knew it laugh hook line and sinker.....have a nice day/evening laugh
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Armed Robberies - 16th Feb 2012 3:00pm
Lul, IHBT frown
Posted By: johnny Re: Armed Robberies - 16th Feb 2012 3:08pm
incompatible hemolytic blood transfusion ????????????
Posted By: Katryn Re: Armed Robberies - 17th Feb 2012 6:35pm
Originally Posted by DJ_Karl_David
There have been a few inb the area recently. The one stop shop in upton village was done early evening 2 weeks ago along with the wellington road in oxton shops.

And the beechwood estate these are the 3 i know deffo happened all within 2 weeks. Guns and knifes the weapon of choice

This is deadmau5 @Karl David>>

http://www.clashmusic.com/files/imagecache/big_node_view/files/deadmau5_9.jpg
Posted By: yewgarth Re: Armed Robberies - 17th Feb 2012 7:57pm
Originally Posted by ex0__
Cause airpistols don't do much damage against an armoured truck or a pissed off shop owner.

Have you ever been shot by an airpistol?
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Armed Robberies - 17th Feb 2012 9:08pm
Yup, not that it's relevant to what I said .. I was replying to Ste's comment.

Gotta look at the statement in context.
Posted By: tomski Re: Armed Robberies - 21st Feb 2012 1:55pm
There have been a spate of armed robberies at off licences the past few weeks on the Wirral. It baffles me why I cannot find any news source publishing the robberies. I even checked on here and this is the first post I've seen addressing it.

I work at an off licence on the Wirral and three of our stores have been held up the past couple of weeks. Two in Oxton
and one in Meols. All three involved guns. They got off with cash and cigarettes. Last I heard, the police told us they caught those responsible and they were all given bail, so they were asking us to remain vigilant.
Posted By: Jule71 Re: Armed Robberies - 21st Feb 2012 2:04pm
I believe Pensby bargain booze was one and also Tesco on Pensby road was raided in early Jan.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral