Forums
Posted By: Edna_ Milk thief - 30th Dec 2011 12:18pm
Me and Hilda have had our milk stolen this morning. Has anyone else had a problem with milk being stolen? We live in Pensby area.
Posted By: Steve123 Re: Milk thief - 30th Dec 2011 12:42pm
thats why ive fitted cctv, got two cameras on the frount of the house best thing ive done..
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Milk thief - 30th Dec 2011 12:55pm
Yes these milk thieves opperate in all area's
Posted By: granny Re: Milk thief - 30th Dec 2011 12:55pm
Originally Posted by Edna_
Me and Hilda have had our milk stolen this morning. Has anyone else had a problem with milk being stolen? We live in Pensby area.

No, I live Thingwall. It was a regular occurrence in the 1960's and no big deal. What was a pint of milk to a hungry young paper boy who was probably only 12yrs or so and hadn't had his breakfast? Maybe his family couldn't have afforded milk for breakfast. In the previous century it was crusts of bread.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Milk thief - 30th Dec 2011 1:06pm
We've had our milk stolen (possibly) but how would I know the milk man has definitely left it in the first place. He might say he has but he's human and can be mistaken.
Posted By: Edna_ Re: Milk thief - 30th Dec 2011 1:24pm
Just found out Brenda's milk has gone too. There must have been a gang of them. Makes me so angry.
Posted By: reddragon Re: Milk thief - 30th Dec 2011 1:28pm
the thief obviously likes the women with oldish names edna/hilda and now Brenda or the thiefs targeting an old peoples home
this seems like a wind up
Posted By: Edna_ Re: Milk thief - 30th Dec 2011 1:36pm
Sorry if me and my friends being old offends you. I don't consider myself as old, your only as old as you feel and I like to keep active. Brenda isn't as fortunate as me and can't get to the co-op so she relies on the milk being delivered.
Posted By: Helles Re: Milk thief - 30th Dec 2011 1:45pm
Probably Margaret Thatcher. She hates Merseyside you know! Her name is Hilda too!
Posted By: Tombraider Re: Milk thief - 30th Dec 2011 2:20pm
Originally Posted by Helles
Probably Margaret Thatcher. She hates Merseyside you know! Her name is Hilda too!
I have just spat my cola all over keyboard.
am in tears with laughter here.
Hope they catch the theif or who ever doing it.
You never know could be Hilda,maybe she needs an extra bottle of milk for her coco at night!
Posted By: Edna_ Re: Milk thief - 30th Dec 2011 2:37pm
Are you joking? Hilda wouldn't steal mine and Brenda's milk. We have been close friends for years, in fact me and Hilda will be in Brenda's tonight sharing a bottle of wine and playing bridge.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Milk thief - 30th Dec 2011 2:44pm
That's if the wine thief hasn't been Edna. shocked
Posted By: Edna_ Re: Milk thief - 30th Dec 2011 2:49pm
Not a chance Bert, I get my wine from the co-op.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Milk thief - 30th Dec 2011 2:55pm
Tonight it could be a nice little white creamy number from Chateau Dairies.
Posted By: freddy Re: Milk thief - 30th Dec 2011 2:57pm
funny this peeps rember wen i was a nipper my dad put a load of diffrent tablets in a milk botle an filled it up with milk an managed to put the fiol lid bk on the next day it was gone neva eva happend again maybe ye shuld try this girls lol
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Milk thief - 30th Dec 2011 3:15pm
A few years ago we had our milk pinched maybe once every 2 weeks. However, we have CCTV operating all around our house. A small change in the camera angle and you could easy see the figure at 5am nipping out with a couple of bottles or our milk. Our milkie comes at around 3-4am especially in summer.

I showed the video to our milkie who IMMEDIATELY said "your milk was taken by another milkman". Apparently it is easy for an experienced milkman to see how another person handles a couple of bottles ie a milkman will handle them quite different from a normal member of the public.

I was told that it is not uncommon for another milkman to pinch milk already delivered in the hope that the customer will stop the deliveries - and THEN they go to the address and offer a "new, guaranteed, service".

My milkie just said "leave it to me. I know every milkman in the area and it will NOT happen again". It never has.

Snod
Posted By: Tombraider Re: Milk thief - 30th Dec 2011 3:26pm
Or a Beware of the dog sign up!
that would put anyone off comming in to your property and stealing milk or what they have in mind to take.
Well hope they catch who is doing it though.
Posted By: Edna_ Re: Milk thief - 30th Dec 2011 3:28pm
Brenda has got a beware of the dog sign so that doesn't work. It's never happened to us before.
Posted By: FiremanFil Re: Milk thief - 30th Dec 2011 3:35pm
Q: If a milkman fails to deliver the milk, or if one milkman is caught stealing other milkmen's stuff off the step, do they get pints on their license? :-)
Posted By: mikroc Re: Milk thief - 30th Dec 2011 4:26pm
Haha good one that fireman
Posted By: granny Re: Milk thief - 30th Dec 2011 4:34pm
Brenda has got a beware of the dog sign so that doesn't work. It's never happened to us before.

Poor Edna, you are having a really tough time on here all for the sake of a pinta. If you ,Hilda and Brenda are all missing your milk, is it possible there has not been a delivery? Have you phoned the dairy? Maybe the milkperson is ill. I bet you don't sleep tonight but try not to worry too much it will all work out just fine. Just think that someones need was greater than yours.
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Milk thief - 30th Dec 2011 5:01pm
[youtube]8e1xvyTdBZI[/youtube]
Posted By: Paintboffin Re: Milk thief - 30th Dec 2011 5:06pm
Originally Posted by Snodvan

I showed the video to our milkie who IMMEDIATELY said "your milk was taken by another milkman". Apparently it is easy for an experienced milkman to see how another person handles a couple of bottles ie a milkman will handle them quite different from a normal member of the public.

Snod

I used to help a milkman years ago and it was surprising how many bottles you could carry in your hands, although we did have a special carrier for ten or twelve bottles, and you could also tell which bottles belonged to which dairy by feeling the bottle neck, IIRC the co-op has a thicker rib on the neck of their bottles and the Express dairy as it was then had a thinner rib.
We used to put all the co-op bottles in a crate and the end of shift to go back to the other dairy, the other milkmen did the same because we were always picking up wrong bottles left out which had been bought from the local shops etc.

Anyone remember the milk tokens you had to buy at the co-op for co-op milk? these used to be left out for the milkman when he delivered milk instead of paying him at the end of the week.

PB
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Milk thief - 30th Dec 2011 5:26pm
Originally Posted by FiremanFil
Q: If a milkman fails to deliver the milk, or if one milkman is caught stealing other milkmen's stuff off the step, do they get pints on their license? :-)
HA HA Your back lol laugh raftl raftl raftl
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Milk thief - 30th Dec 2011 5:35pm
Have you tried putting a lock on the fridge door smile
Posted By: FiremanFil Re: Milk thief - 30th Dec 2011 5:35pm
THE AMOROUS MILKMAN by FiremanFil

Seven o' clock in the morning
Song of the birds in the trees
Sunlight arrives with the dawning
Whispering leaves in the breeze.

Gently, the clinking of bottles
Rouses my slumbering head
Sounds like my lover, the milkman
Bearing pintas and freshly-laid eggs!

I leap up, rushing to meet him
Tumbling in haste down the stairs
"Lovely day, darling!" I greet him
Running my hands through his hair

He takes me into his huge arms
Cuddles me close to his chest
Kisses me softly (Mmmm-so warm)
Fondles my hungry breast!

God, I can't stand this much longer
Pounding gets loud in my head
Mutual feelings grow stronger
We go upstairs-to bed!!

Bet I know just what you're thinking
Sounds like a music hall joke
But this tale, I can tell without blinking
Cos this milkman's my HUSBAND, folks!!
Posted By: FiremanFil Re: Milk thief - 30th Dec 2011 5:41pm
lolol, GJ!!
Posted By: j_demo Re: Milk thief - 30th Dec 2011 6:58pm
Originally Posted by Helles

beat me to it xD
Posted By: mikethetrainman Re: Milk thief - 30th Dec 2011 7:50pm
Hi edna, sorry about your milk been taken have you thought about putting a bottle of milk out [full on your step] then with a piece of sting from the bottle through the letter box to a trigger of a shotgun behind the door!, so when the milk thief take,s the bait BANG/BANG he/she will get the message! and hey presto no more pinching!!.OH and hopefully you can identify the thief! as well. omg thumbsup
Posted By: yewgarth Re: Milk thief - 30th Dec 2011 8:23pm
Are you joking? Hilda wouldn't steal mine and Brenda's milk. We have been close friends for years, in fact me and Hilda will be in Brenda's tonight sharing a bottle of wine and playing bridge.

I reckon it was Joan, she's been jealous of you two since that land mine landed on your house and Brenda defused it.
Posted By: Tombraider Re: Milk thief - 30th Dec 2011 9:12pm
Originally Posted by yewgarth

I reckon it was Joan, she's been jealous of you two since that land mine landed on your house and Brenda defused it.
laffini shouldnt laugh at this topic but it is funny,
sorry Edna,maybe Yewgarth has a point.
Posted By: jimbob Re: Milk thief - 30th Dec 2011 9:45pm
all jokes apart. when you think about it, by walking round a couple of different roads each morning you could make your self a good few quid a week. It cost more than a quid a pint bottle of milk these days when you buy it from a milkman. So pinch 10 bottle a day and sell it to one of the many cafes at half price. you be quids in.
Posted By: Tombraider Re: Milk thief - 30th Dec 2011 9:48pm
Originally Posted by jimbob
all jokes apart. when you think about it, by walking round a couple of different roads each morning you could make your self a good few quid a week. It cost more than a quid a pint bottle of milk these days when you buy it from a milkman. So pinch 10 bottle a day and sell it to one of the many cafes at half price. you be quids in.
lol you not the milk thief are you raftl
Posted By: FiremanFil Re: Milk thief - 30th Dec 2011 9:54pm
I often thought about stealing milk-but I don't think I'd have the bottle!!
Posted By: FiremanFil Re: Milk thief - 30th Dec 2011 10:03pm
Q: What do elephants have in common with milk?
A: They both come in pints!!
Posted By: Tombraider Re: Milk thief - 30th Dec 2011 10:05pm
Q: What do elephants have in common with milk?
A: They both come in pints!!
lol Phil i hope you are not bottleing jokes up there laugh
Posted By: Edna_ Re: Milk thief - 30th Dec 2011 10:15pm
Thanks to everyone for there kind words today and those who had some fun, yeh it was only milk but Brenda was really upset as she can't get to the co-op.
Posted By: nidgynoo Re: Milk thief - 30th Dec 2011 11:15pm
Thanks to all of you for making me laugh so much..so needed!!! I was going to make a coffee but guess what, I have no milk..going to be an early morning for me I guess..lol
Posted By: Tombraider Re: Milk thief - 31st Dec 2011 12:12am
Originally Posted by nidgynoo
Thanks to all of you for making me laugh so much..so needed!!! I was going to make a coffee but guess what, I have no milk..going to be an early morning for me I guess..lol
laugh is funny thats wiki spirit.
hope Edna and her mate get milk tomorrow lol.
just have your coffee black.
happy new year when it comes
Posted By: Edna_ Re: Milk thief - 31st Dec 2011 6:12pm
Originally Posted by Tombraider
Originally Posted by nidgynoo
laugh is funny thats wiki spirit.
hope Edna and her mate get milk tomorrow lol.
just have your coffee black.
happy new year when it comes

Thanks Tombraider, we got our milk today, thanks for asking and Happy New Year to you too.
Posted By: Tombraider Re: Milk thief - 31st Dec 2011 6:57pm
Aw great news Edna.
hope you have a nice new year.
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Milk thief - 31st Dec 2011 7:37pm
Aw great news Edna.
Hi TR that`s great news Edna got her milk today now you have a great new year xx laugh
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Milk thief - 31st Dec 2011 7:38pm
I often thought about stealing milk-but I don't think I'd have the bottle!!
Yoh ,FF you do have the bottle, any way you and yours have a great new year xx all the best laugh
Posted By: Tombraider Re: Milk thief - 31st Dec 2011 7:40pm
Originally Posted by gypsyjune
Aw great news Edna.
Hi TR that`s great news Edna got her milk today now you have a great new year xx laugh
laugh you have a good one as well June we catch up next year.
IBenda will be happy as well x
Posted By: FiremanFil Re: Milk thief - 31st Dec 2011 8:04pm
Same to you with knobs on, GJ!! :-) And to anyone else on this thread, which has been pure gold top!! lol
Posted By: Tombraider Re: Milk thief - 31st Dec 2011 8:08pm
Same to you with knobs on, GJ!! :-) And to anyone else on this thread, which has been pure gold top!! lol
Lol Phil your funny .
Happy new year bud thumbsup
right going to get ready now.
need to drink a pint of milk to line my stomach{Joke}lol.
Posted By: Katryn Re: Milk thief - 1st Jan 2012 10:27am

laffin
Posted By: BennyBoy Re: Milk thief - 1st Jan 2012 6:12pm
I used to help the milkman and I could carry 8 bottles in both hands no problem. You get used to it doing it everyday. You can tell when its not a milkman when they hold a few of them close to their chest
Posted By: paulph1972 Re: Milk thief - 1st Jan 2012 6:52pm
Originally Posted by BennyBoy
I used to help the milkman and I could carry 8 bottles in both hands no problem. You get used to it doing it everyday. You can tell when its not a milkman when they hold a few of them close to their chest

so you could hold 16 bottles at once laugh Are you a cow?
Posted By: BennyBoy Re: Milk thief - 1st Jan 2012 10:46pm
I meant 4 and 4 sorry. I have big hands https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/images/icons/default_dark/laugh.gif
© Wirral-Wikiwirral