Forums
Posted By: Jule71 Police stops, Borough Road - 15th Dec 2011 9:08pm
Lots of police on Borough Road tonight, looks like they where stopping all traffic for some reason, anyone know anything? smile
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Police stops, Borough Road - 15th Dec 2011 9:11pm
Probably drink driving stop checks.
Posted By: Jule71 Re: Police stops, Borough Road - 15th Dec 2011 9:21pm
There where around 10 police and an unmarked BMW, looked like they where looking out for someone . yumyum
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Police stops, Borough Road - 15th Dec 2011 9:34pm
by the bottom of the flyover?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Police stops, Borough Road - 15th Dec 2011 9:41pm
Originally Posted by Jule71
Lots of police on Borough Road tonight, looks like they where stopping all traffic for some reason, anyone know anything? smile

It's okay, they were doing it on the 2 bridges today too between Wallasey and Birkenhead smile
Posted By: oldpm01 Re: Police stops, Borough Road - 15th Dec 2011 9:58pm
pre-christmas drink drive campaign maybe
Posted By: workinclasshero Re: Police stops, Borough Road - 15th Dec 2011 10:38pm
yes i was in birkenhead precient by the pyramids about7.50 tonight and two young scumbags dressed all in black came racing down the precient about 50 mph on a scrambler motor bike with no helmets on and nearly hit a little girl out shopping with her mum
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Police stops, Borough Road - 15th Dec 2011 11:01pm
Scrotes!
Posted By: 8baller Re: Police stops, Borough Road - 16th Dec 2011 6:05pm
same every christmas.money maker
Posted By: Wench Re: Police stops, Borough Road - 16th Dec 2011 6:10pm
Originally Posted by 8baller

Only for the government, not for the police.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Police stops, Borough Road - 16th Dec 2011 6:11pm
Originally Posted by Wench
Originally Posted by 8baller

Only for the government, not for the police.

Attached picture skippy.jpg
Posted By: Wench Re: Police stops, Borough Road - 16th Dec 2011 6:27pm
As stated on many such threads over the years, the police get their costs of manning them etc, any of the "profits" go straight to the government. I give up posting the latest figures as they're on here already in a few threads and I really CBFA hunting them down raftl
Posted By: 8HBob Re: Police stops, Borough Road - 16th Dec 2011 7:23pm
If they are looking for drunken drivers does anybody on here have a problem with that ?
You could be the the one that these idiots crash into !

Bob.
Posted By: Wench Re: Police stops, Borough Road - 16th Dec 2011 7:35pm
Originally Posted by 8HBob
If they are looking for drunken drivers does anybody on here have a problem with that ?

Bob.

No complaints from me. AFAIC, if you are driving under the influence of drink or drugs, or with no licence, tax, insurance, mot etc then you deserve all you get.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Police stops, Borough Road - 16th Dec 2011 8:52pm
I was stopped the other day, took less than a minute for the chat and car check. I'm all for it.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police stops, Borough Road - 17th Dec 2011 3:15am

Bob.

No complaints from me. AFAIC, if you are driving under the influence of drink or drugs, or with no licence, tax, insurance, mot etc then you deserve all you get.

withthat
Posted By: BennyBoy Re: Police stops, Borough Road - 17th Dec 2011 9:10am
Well who else is going to pay for their christmas party?
Posted By: puntoar Re: Police stops, Borough Road - 18th Dec 2011 10:24am
I have no problem with them looking out for drunk drivers, especially after the carnage caused by such idiots over the years.
Not sure if Bennyboy is joking, sarcastic or doesnt have a clue; but the money paid out in fines etc, goes straight to the government not to the police officers pocket
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Police stops, Borough Road - 18th Dec 2011 10:43am
Originally Posted by puntoar
I have no problem with them looking out for drunk drivers, especially after the carnage caused by such idiots over the years.
Not sure if Bennyboy is joking, sarcastic or doesnt have a clue; but the money paid out in fines etc, goes straight to the government not to the police officers pocket

Pretty sure that they have targets to meet now. I think (if its true) is completely unfair to both police and civi's.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Police stops, Borough Road - 18th Dec 2011 10:47am

Bob.

withthat

Unlike the threads where there is discussion for the right / wrong place for the Police to put speed traps, there is no excuse for anyone drinking and driving. If they are also checking for uninsured / unlicensed etc drivers, then bonus!
Posted By: Salmon Re: Police stops, Borough Road - 18th Dec 2011 1:00pm
With the kit they have now there is no need to stop cars to check on insurance etc, but they have my backing if it is spot checks on drunken or drugged drivers.
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Police stops, Borough Road - 18th Dec 2011 3:35pm
trust me anpr isn't all it's cracked up to be.
i drove round in one car that wasn't on the insurance data base for over 12 months and only got stopped twice.

the car i've got at the moment although it had a tax disc on wasn't taxed (long story) and this only came to light when i'd had the car for three months.
Posted By: dave_g Re: Police stops, Borough Road - 18th Dec 2011 11:33pm
Originally Posted by mrhanky
trust me anpr isn't all it's cracked up to be.
i drove round in one car that wasn't on the insurance data base for over 12 months and only got stopped twice.

the car i've got at the moment although it had a tax disc on wasn't taxed (long story) and this only came to light when i'd had the car for three months.

i had a mondeo that showed up on askmid as a mazda!rear reg had two digits wrong way round!a traffic car was behind me the night i bought it,so anpr aint fool proof!im all for the checks if it gets more dangerous drivers off the road!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Police stops, Borough Road - 19th Dec 2011 12:15am
the mazda 6 at the same age was basically a probe, which was basically a mondeo!
Posted By: ianbx1 Re: Police stops, Borough Road - 19th Dec 2011 10:31pm
I too was stopped Saturday night, took less than a min, quick thanks then I was off again.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral