Forums
Posted By: muddypaws Wallasey Tunnel - 7th Dec 2011 8:42pm
Anyone heard of a possible jumper off the Seacombe bridge at the Wallasey Tunnel?...
Posted By: DodgyDave Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 7th Dec 2011 8:43pm
tweet off BBC Merseyside

Kingsway tunnel in Liverpool closed due to police incident. Queensway tunnel is closed for maintenance. Major delays. Latest on 95.8FM
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 7th Dec 2011 8:47pm
fuccking jumpers, cant they find somewhere else to end there miserable lives instead of disrupting everyone elses plans. I was stuck in that que for 10mins and thought.....bollox to this Im off and back down the M53 I went.
Posted By: Blazeparadox Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 7th Dec 2011 8:48pm
Yeah just updated The Wirral Travel alerts thread too, what are people supposed to do, my mate is over there and traffic is backed up all over city centre, he's decided to drive around now, been waiting over half an hour and no info except Police Incident.

Shouldn't they clear the Queensway and get the traffic moving.. surely they cant be 'roadworking' every lane at once in there!!!
Posted By: Blazeparadox Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 7th Dec 2011 9:03pm
Apparently Kingsway has reopened now smile
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 7th Dec 2011 9:04pm
has it, i might have another go at it, any proof of it bud, save me a wasted journey?
Posted By: ResearcherTony Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 7th Dec 2011 9:06pm
are you all stuck in liverpool?
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 7th Dec 2011 9:07pm
nope, want to go to lpool lol. (stuck indoors)!
Posted By: ResearcherTony Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 7th Dec 2011 9:09pm
ah right thought you couldnt make it home or something!
Posted By: Blazeparadox Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 7th Dec 2011 9:13pm
http://twitter.com/bbcmerseyside
Posted By: Handbag Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 7th Dec 2011 9:40pm
I really feel that people can be a little insensitive sometimes. If it was a suicide I am sure the last thing on their mind is the 30 minutes inconvenience that has been caused due to the tunnel being closed. The people who attempt suicide are usually either very desperate people whose whole world is falling apart or people who have some sort of mental health problems..
It breaks my heart to hear of a person feeling that there situation is so desperate that they feel that they cannot carry on. I know first hand the pain and anguish that the family of the suicide victim will be going through, particularly at this time of year. My thoughts are with the family of this suicide victim. He/She is yet another victim of the recent austerity measures and problems in our society.
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 7th Dec 2011 9:44pm
Originally Posted by Handbag
I really feel that people can be a little insensitive sometimes. If it was a suicide I am sure the last thing on their mind is the 30 minutes inconvenience that has been caused due to the tunnel being closed. The people who attempt suicide are usually either very desperate people whose whole world is falling apart or people who have some sort of mental health problems..
It breaks my heart to hear of a person feeling that there situation is so desperate that they feel that they cannot carry on. I know first hand the pain and anguish that the family of the suicide victim will be going through, particularly at this time of year. My thoughts are with the family of this suicide victim. He/She is yet another victim of the recent austerity measures and problems in our society.

Well said
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 7th Dec 2011 9:47pm
100% well said thumbsup
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 7th Dec 2011 9:48pm
totally agree about problems in society such as selfishness, inconsidderation, thoughtlessness and many more, all of which the jumper has been a big part of. Im sorry for the victum, no one should be driven to such at fate, but to do it in such a place....why??????
Posted By: ResearcherTony Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 7th Dec 2011 9:50pm
it was the bnridge on oakdale wasnt it? these barriers are not working obviously, thi has been a major issue for many years.
Posted By: Handbag Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 7th Dec 2011 9:53pm
probably sheer desperation, when a person gets into the kind of state were they are thinking about suicide it is often an impulse, and can often be done in a fit of hysteria, or sometimes it can be a mental health issue which drives people to take their lives in such a public way.

very sad frown
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 7th Dec 2011 9:55pm
probably sheer desperation, when a person gets into the kind of state were they are thinking about suicide it is often an impulse, and can often be done in a fit of hysteria, or sometimes it can be a mental health issue which drives people to take their lives in such a public way.

very sad frown
i know it`s very sad ,they must feel they have no one to turn to
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 7th Dec 2011 11:21pm
They need to find wikiwirral!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 7th Dec 2011 11:22pm
And can I just say to keep it bk on topic, the tunnel is now opem, just been through it.
Posted By: ResearcherTony Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 7th Dec 2011 11:26pm
lets hope all ended well and no one got hurt, still raises a serious issue about the easyness of jumping off these bridges, its happend for years
Posted By: Volly Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 7th Dec 2011 11:28pm
Does anyone actually know if it was a "jumper" at seacombe or not?

I was sat in liverpool for around 45 minutes waiting to get through the wallasey tunnel as the birko one was shut.

Lots of police cars at the liverpool end but once I got into the tunnel, it was free flowing as normal with no apparent signs of activity at the seacombe end - both tunnels with both lanes open and no police.

Maybe wrong but from what I saw, it looked like the hold up was in liverpool.
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 7th Dec 2011 11:30pm
Originally Posted by JackCarter
raises a serious issue about the easyness of jumping off these bridges, its happend for years

We'd better shut all bridges and footpaths down.

ITS THE ONLY WAY.
Posted By: ResearcherTony Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 7th Dec 2011 11:30pm
maybe in the echo tomorrow?
Posted By: ResearcherTony Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 7th Dec 2011 11:30pm
Originally Posted by ex0__
raises a serious issue about the easyness of jumping off these bridges, its happend for years

ITS THE ONLY WAY.

must be other nasty devices too grin
Posted By: FiremanFil Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 7th Dec 2011 11:38pm
On the London underground, there are "jumpers" every day. It's so common that people just shrug their shoulders and carry on reading/ipoding/etc. Symbol of our lack of regard for our fellow man, innit. As far as shutting bridges down-that's daft. If a person wants to kill themselves, they'll always find a way. Like the Irishman who jumped off a tunnel.
Posted By: ResearcherTony Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 7th Dec 2011 11:44pm
Originally Posted by FiremanFil
On the London underground, there are "jumpers" every day. It's so common that people just shrug their shoulders and carry on reading/ipoding/etc. Symbol of our lack of regard for our fellow man, innit. As far as shutting bridges down-that's daft. If a person wants to kill themselves, they'll always find a way. Like the Irishman who jumped off a tunnel.

i was simply saying increasing the height, which ar actuall rather high at the moment
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 7th Dec 2011 11:45pm

ITS THE ONLY WAY.

LMFAO laugh
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 7th Dec 2011 11:46pm
Originally Posted by FiremanFil

i was simply saying increasing the height, which ar actuall rather high at the moment

Wasted enough of our cash thanks, get the potholes and bad roads fixed as they're more important. smile
Posted By: ResearcherTony Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 7th Dec 2011 11:47pm
ur gonna get a backlash for that whn the pc brigade wake up in the morning haha
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 7th Dec 2011 11:50pm

Aye, but we are all entitled to our opinion remember wink

Lol laugh
Posted By: ResearcherTony Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 7th Dec 2011 11:52pm
haha am not allowed at the moment im on double secret probation.
Posted By: ASE71 Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 8th Dec 2011 12:07am
"Jumpers" What a waste... if they want to kill themselves, they should offer to go to Afghanistan and go in front of one of our armoured vehicles as an IED detector.

Jump, jump, jump.... Boom! . Job done, he's dead as he wanted, but 5 troops in the truck live.

There's an endless supply of them...Its an idea.........
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 8th Dec 2011 12:25am
bingo!
Posted By: nidgynoo Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 8th Dec 2011 12:35am
As a ex samaritan,Im pretty disgusted at some of the comments on this thread..maybe some of you should do a shift and realise how desperate people become..believe me its not something taken lightly.I have been caught in the tunnel a couple of times because of a suicide but never thought about how quick I can get home..when you can do something like that you don't think about anyone else...some think it's selfish some don't but it does take guts..sorry for ranting!!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 8th Dec 2011 12:39am

Top marks happy
Posted By: FiremanFil Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 8th Dec 2011 12:39am
I phoned the samaritans once-and they hung up!!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 8th Dec 2011 12:44am
Originally Posted by nidgynoo
As a ex samaritan,Im pretty disgusted at some of the comments on this thread..maybe some of you should do a shift and realise how desperate people become..believe me its not something taken lightly.I have been caught in the tunnel a couple of times because of a suicide but never thought about how quick I can get home..when you can do something like that you don't think about anyone else...some think it's selfish some don't but it does take guts..sorry for ranting!!
withthat
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 8th Dec 2011 12:46am
Oh lighten up people tehhh!
Posted By: Tombraider Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 8th Dec 2011 12:48am
Originally Posted by gypsyjune

very sad frown
i know it`s very sad ,they must feel they have no one to turn to
it is sad, must be in a right state to want to take your own life.
Posted By: Gold_Moon Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 8th Dec 2011 1:03am
Originally Posted by Sanchez
no one should be driven to such at fate, but to do it in such a place....why??????

Maybe it's because they feel no-one cares about their lives, so they make sure that someone cares about their death? Even if it's only because it's caused a traffic jam...

Tragic.
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 8th Dec 2011 1:29am

My friends husband that stills does a thursday night for The samaritans,i was amazed at how many desperate calls they get in one night.
Who knows what goes through people's minds when they are at their wits end,its very sad!
Posted By: muddypaws Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 8th Dec 2011 2:41am
my feelings exactly...go and ruin your own life, but not in front of innocent people and children in cars below....how evil must you be to put that ever lasting picture into an innocent childs mind.....and the pc brigade can go and do one!!!
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 8th Dec 2011 8:27am
Originally Posted by muddypaws
my feelings exactly...go and ruin your own life, but not in front of innocent people and children in cars below....how evil must you be to put that ever lasting picture into an innocent childs mind.....and the pc brigade can go and do one!!!

ffs, another from the protect the children brigade?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 8th Dec 2011 8:59am
[Linked Image]

There is no proof of "anyone jumping"!

It's all hearsay ATM.

Oh.....

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Katryn Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 8th Dec 2011 4:06pm
Originally Posted by Sanchez
fuccking jumpers, cant they find somewhere else to end there miserable lives instead of disrupting everyone elses plans. I was stuck in that que for 10mins and thought.....bollox to this Im off and back down the M53 I went.

wow arent you the sensitive 1!!!! not!!!
Posted By: Katryn Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 8th Dec 2011 4:07pm

wow just wow!!!
Posted By: Katryn Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 8th Dec 2011 4:08pm

Well said ^^^^^

Posted By: Capt_America Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 8th Dec 2011 6:51pm
So, when all the dust has settled, did someone jump?
Posted By: mark1970 Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 9th Dec 2011 5:23am
Originally Posted by Kathryn

wow just wow!!!

Post of the year. Pity they didn't jump when the strike was on and the tunnels were closed.
Posted By: katiechops Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 9th Dec 2011 8:25am
I agree that we should be sensitive when commenting on incidents such as this, but wonder how you arrived at the conclusion that this was due to austerity measures? Desparate, Confused, Depressed, maybe, but I'm struggling to understand how you came to this conclusion, we can't blame them for everything.
Posted By: micsey Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 9th Dec 2011 8:54am
maybe they just got there iphone 4s bill in
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 9th Dec 2011 9:09am
Originally Posted by katiechops
I agree that we should be sensitive when commenting on incidents such as this, but wonder how you arrived at the conclusion that this was due to austerity measures? Desparate, Confused, Depressed, maybe, but I'm struggling to understand how you came to this conclusion, we can't blame them for everything.

Very true, the jumper could have been a pedo who has just been found out.......
would opinions change then towards the jumper (if there was a jumper at all).
Posted By: Handbag Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 9th Dec 2011 3:13pm
Originally Posted by katiechops

I just meant to use 'austerity as an example, there are an awful lot of people at the bottom of the income scale who are really struggling to pay their bills, I'm not politicizing believe me, thats one can of worms I'm not going to open on here LOL.
Posted By: JellyStar Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 9th Dec 2011 9:50pm
You tend not to think of the consequences of your actions, other people, family, damage to property whatever, it's just you on your own with no other option, desperation, that the people you're close to, the problems you've caused. it would be better if you were just not here.
Posted By: Katryn Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 10th Dec 2011 9:12am
Originally Posted by JellyStar
You tend not to think of the consequences of your actions, other people, family, damage to property whatever, it's just you on your own with no other option, desperation, that the people you're close to, the problems you've caused. it would be better if you were just not here.

withthat
Posted By: Volly Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 10th Dec 2011 9:41am
Originally Posted by Volly
Does anyone actually know if it was a "jumper" at seacombe or not?

I was sat in liverpool for around 45 minutes waiting to get through the wallasey tunnel as the birko one was shut.

Lots of police cars at the liverpool end but once I got into the tunnel, it was free flowing as normal with no apparent signs of activity at the seacombe end - both tunnels with both lanes open and no police.

Maybe wrong but from what I saw, it looked like the hold up was in liverpool.

So still no word what happened?

I still think the problem was at the Liverpool from what I saw at the time.
Seems like whenever a road or tunnel is closed, the rumours of a "jumper" or huge crash start within minutes when sometimes it's completely un-related.
Posted By: zippy49 Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 10th Dec 2011 11:56am
Just thought you may want to know on tuesday 13th and wednesday 14th there will be contaflow in operation ,from 9:45 -15:00 on both days in the wallasey tunnel
Posted By: muddypaws Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 10th Dec 2011 11:58pm
It was nearly a jumper, backed out at the last minute!!!!!
Yes thank you for costing me more taxes for the policing of the situation,you attention seeking tart, next time try the river,at least you wont make a mess in front of everyone!
Posted By: paulph1972 Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 11th Dec 2011 10:35am
It was nearly a jumper, backed out at the last minute!!!!!
Yes thank you for costing me more taxes for the policing of the situation,you attention seeking tart, next time try the river,at least you wont make a mess in front of everyone!

how sensitive! Hope one of your family or friends don't have problems and try this.....
Posted By: Sillymoo Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 12th Dec 2011 2:48pm
I have been reading through some of these posts and there are so many disgusting comments! how would you feel if this "jumper" was a member of your family or friends people wouldn't be having whinge about held up traffic and wasted taxes!
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 12th Dec 2011 2:50pm
Originally Posted by ag2011
I have been reading through some of these posts and there are so many disgusting comments! how would you feel if this "jumper" was a member of your family or friends people wouldn't be having whinge about held up traffic and wasted taxes!

Speaking for myself, I wouldn't much care. It's unbelievably stupid to allow your emotions to be dictated by what people post on some internet forum. Get over it.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 12th Dec 2011 3:02pm
Originally Posted by ag2011

Speaking for myself, I wouldn't much care. It's unbelievably stupid to allow your emotions to be dictated by what people post on some internet forum. Get over it.

I would LOVE to see the comments if we had a similar to ogrish thread on here smirk
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 12th Dec 2011 3:04pm
It'd be pretty hypocritical for people to come into a thread they knew they wouldn't like and then whine about it tease

A lot of people aren't that bothered by gore threads, it's one of those 'meh, been there, seen that' things if you've been on enough sites.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 12th Dec 2011 3:10pm
It'd be pretty hypocritical for people to come into a thread they knew they wouldn't like and then whine about it tease

A lot of people aren't that bothered by gore threads, it's one of those 'meh, been there, seen that' things if you've been on enough sites.
Half of this lot have probably never come across nice real life news.
I enjoy it, jesus, imagine posting a photo of someone under a truck on here? It`s bad enough just posting a photo of a front door or a police car lol.

Lighten up people, this is reality, wake up!!!
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 12th Dec 2011 3:32pm
It puzzles me. I see these threads get posted 'some dude jumped off the bridge' and there's people doing the whole RIP/Praying for his family. I mean seriously, why bother? Family doesn't know and wouldn't care if they did and it's pointless feeling sorry for the guy if he's dead.

Then someone comes along and posts the person's name and everyone has a shitfit about how privacy must be respected and omg what if someone logs in and sees these comments. Shit is totally whack. I'm going to go back to SA or /b/ where people don't fake half their posts so they stay on the good side of the whiners tease
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 12th Dec 2011 4:29pm
It amazes me how persistently some people come on these threads purely to slagg off any people that show compassion to others.
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 12th Dec 2011 4:37pm
There's a difference between compassion and idiocy. I'm all for compassion where it's appropriate. Here doesn't seem like the place. It makes zero difference and the people here are WAY too uptight. You see the same people posting the same comments in every sad thread because they need people to see them in a certain light. It's just lame. I'm sure some people are sincere but nowhere near all of them.
Posted By: Wench Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 12th Dec 2011 6:17pm
Personally, I get annoyed by suicides. If you're that determined to do it, do it somewhere that you're not going to inconvenience others or make a mess.

I've been to houses where people have killed themselves and not been discovered for weeks and it's not pleasant, but I'd rather that than have people putting others at risk by jumping off bridges, buildings, the pier etc or putting others at an inconvenience.

Those that tell others they're going to kill themselves are as bad IMO. If you're serious, JFDI! Don't go on Forums or into Chat Rooms on sites and bore us all. I'd say probably 98% of those that say they're going to do it don't, and 98% of those that do it didn't tell anyone their plans. JMPO.

Having worked in A&E and seen the same faces coming in with "overdoses" that transpire to be only 10 paracetamol or "cuts" (more like a scratch) across the wrist, it bores me now. If you're serious, cut UPWARDS and don't bother with paracetamol - it's a slow, painful death.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 12th Dec 2011 6:42pm
clap

Originally Posted by Wench
Personally, I get annoyed by suicides. If you're that determined to do it, do it somewhere that you're not going to inconvenience others or make a mess.

I've been to houses where people have killed themselves and not been discovered for weeks and it's not pleasant, but I'd rather that than have people putting others at risk by jumping off bridges, buildings, the pier etc or putting others at an inconvenience.

Those that tell others they're going to kill themselves are as bad IMO. If you're serious, JFDI! Don't go on Forums or into Chat Rooms on sites and bore us all. I'd say probably 98% of those that say they're going to do it don't, and 98% of those that do it didn't tell anyone their plans. JMPO.

Having worked in A&E and seen the same faces coming in with "overdoses" that transpire to be only 10 paracetamol or "cuts" (more like a scratch) across the wrist, it bores me now. If you're serious, cut UPWARDS and don't bother with paracetamol - it's a slow, painful death.

Thank fook there are more normal people out there pray
Posted By: Snickas Re: Wallasey Tunnel - 13th Dec 2011 9:30am
Originally Posted by Wench

Couldn't agree anymore than I do, with that specific line.
well said wench.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral