Forums
Posted By: venice Drones? - 24th Dec 2014 5:36pm
My OH announced he would like a little drone that he could fly about the house and garden. (Hes not that mobile to be going far with it) I looked it up and found this - can any enthusiasts tell me if this is a suitable thing for inside manoevering practise/fun , or is it too big --or is it rubbish for that matter and theres something better? Is this even a drone - Dont know Im out of my depth! The reviews seem ok as long as the shop didnt write them !
http://www.wirelessmadness.com/rc-h...Ig0mLXh29kJPtevQWjghODIxCMWN0BoCfCvw_wcB Ah, sorry, I dont know how to make the link smaller .
Posted By: Dilly Re: Drones? - 24th Dec 2014 5:44pm
I'd say that would do him fine, you don't need anything to expensive until he gets hooked smile I am no expert by the way.
Posted By: Wiggi77 Re: Drones? - 24th Dec 2014 6:26pm
I've got a hubsan. They're ok for beginners. Get you used to the controls and basic flying. Easy to set up, just charge battery plug it in and fly for about 10 mins. They're quite fragile. The first one I bought lasted about 10 mins before it hit the ceiling and ended up in a a few pieces. But bought a new one straight away on ebay and took it a bit steadier
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Drones? - 24th Dec 2014 6:47pm
That'll come in handy venice
[Linked Image]
Posted By: venice Re: Drones? - 24th Dec 2014 10:26pm
Thanks Dilly and Wiggi , and yes I do have plans for it vanman!That one will do nicely I think , as a starter.
Posted By: sonylegs Re: Drones? - 24th Dec 2014 10:49pm
I bought one of those last Xmas, took out a few decorations, scared the cat. Great stuff. I went on to buy a Phantom 2, cost over a grand with camera and monitor.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: venice Re: Drones? - 25th Dec 2014 9:00am
Oh, Ill have to borrow a cat then so as he gets the most out of it lol! Sounds like I might move my 'mings' too! Wow, over a grand , you really must have bitten by the bug .
Happy Xmas to all anyway, whatever 'toys' you get. Thanks for replies.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral