Forums
Posted By: TheComputerLab Model boats.... - 31st May 2014 6:47am
Bit of an odd question but I happen to have inherited a model tug boat. It's a big electric one like the ones you see on the boating lake in new Brighton.

Is anyone on the forum a boating hobbyist? I would like to pick some brains!
Posted By: davew3 Re: Model boats.... - 31st May 2014 8:12am
You need to speak to the guys down at New Brighton boating lake, most of them are miserable --ds laugh , but are very helpful on their hobby and have a vast knowledge they will pass on.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Model boats.... - 31st May 2014 9:11am
I think Yewgarth is the model boat chap on here, don't know whether he falls in to the miserable --ds classification though wink
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: Model boats.... - 31st May 2014 9:40am
I went down there and got chatting to them and they were not helpful at all. I heard one of them muttering something about how I don't deserve a boat.... Must be an age thing! The boat I have with all the electronic kit is in the region of £500 to buy new so I think he was a bit jealous!
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Model boats.... - 31st May 2014 9:53am
I was recently talking to a chap who used to sail his model boats at New Brighton's old lake,apparently he and his chums are very dissatisfied with the new lake (parking problems I think),so they have moved their little club to Ashton park West Kirby,I know they sail at the weekends,might be worth you popping along there.
Posted By: ianyam Re: Model boats.... - 31st May 2014 11:27am
What do you want to know?
Posted By: davew3 Re: Model boats.... - 31st May 2014 11:56am
Strange one that, I've met a number of the lads who use New Brighton lake, when I used to go to Fort Perch Rock and they are very nice people who just enjoyed showing the models they built and are very happy to talk about their hobby and skills, I know there were problems a while back over fuelled engines and I thought it had been resolved.
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: Model boats.... - 31st May 2014 7:54pm
I just want a little advice on how to replace the electric equipment in my boat. Not asking to much but it seems to be very political. I just want to fix my boat and sail it!
Posted By: ManxCat Re: Model boats.... - 31st May 2014 8:13pm
There is a very good model shop in Birkenhead on Oxton road called KitStop. I had model boat built by them years ago and they have been there for years.

If your not local I can give you their number.

Enjoy your model boating.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral