Forums
Posted By: netballqueen Painting class - 13th Sep 2013 4:51pm
Hi, I would love to learn how to paint flowers and veggies as done for horticulturists - in cross section and showing the detail of the specimen. My artistic ability is still at stickman level so if you know of anyone who has endless patience that would be able to teach me I'd be really grateful. Thanks
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Painting class - 13th Sep 2013 7:15pm
Hi Netball queen, what you seem to be talking about is illustration rather than straight painting, head down to any of the charity shops in B'head and L'pool should pick up some great old books with loads of illustrations in all painstakingly hand illustrated with pen and ink and watercolours, then head down to The Works or somewhere similar to get a load of cheap watercolour paper and brushes and just have a go.

I haven't done this for a long time but wouldn't mind sharing some lovely websites with you of places to get inspiration to have a go from.
Posted By: netballqueen Re: Painting class - 13th Sep 2013 9:04pm
That would be great - I just didn't know where to start really so any ideas would be fantastic. Thanks for replying wink
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Painting class - 13th Sep 2013 10:11pm
No problem, are you local-ish to Oxton/Claughton I wouldn't might some company to be creative some time
© Wirral-Wikiwirral