Forums
Posted By: julie253 LASAGNE - 5th Aug 2012 11:58am
I made a lasagne yesterday and used Asda Lasagne sheets which you don't need to precook although it gives instructions on the back if you want to pre-cook them first and then it says DO NOT REHEAT.
Why can't you reheat it?
Also, does it mean you can't reheat it because of the way it has been cooked?
Is it ok to reheat it if I have used it in a lasagne and put the dry sheets in the receipe.
I have loads of it left and don't want to waste it.
Posted By: Sneezy Re: LASAGNE - 5th Aug 2012 12:07pm
I've always used dried sheets in my Lasagne and always make loads and reheat it.....it's better 2nd & 3rd time round anyway !! ^_^
Posted By: MFranks Re: LASAGNE - 5th Aug 2012 12:08pm
I'm no pro at making lasagne but I prefer to precook the sheets because when I put then on raw they seem to go brittle and hard around the edges.

As for re-heating lasagne I wouldn't worry about it, I have done it quite a few times in the past using the microwave and nothing bad ever came of it, I think they put that on there to cover themselves legally it's the same with mince meat and saying it shouldn't be refrozen but you still can and it still is safe to eat.
Posted By: julie253 Re: LASAGNE - 5th Aug 2012 12:16pm
Great - thanks for your advice.
It was a vegetarian lasagne which I had made with Asda meat free mince and it was really nice. I had made it for my son who has turned veggie (teenage thing!!) and then he decided to stay at his friends for the night - so he can have it for his tea when he comes home tonight!! lol.
Thanks again - I just didn't want to poison anyone. xx
Posted By: Sneezy Re: LASAGNE - 5th Aug 2012 1:22pm
I quite like the crunchy bits around the edge !! smile
Posted By: angie Re: LASAGNE - 5th Aug 2012 7:33pm
pasta is a high risk food for bacteria growth especially when its cooked its in the same risk group as rice,seafood and chicken ,when it says do not reheat it is just warning you about this as long as it has been kept in correct temp zone such as refrigerated until next day or frozen if keeping longer and reheated above 75 degrees its should be ok.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral