Forums
Posted By: x_plore victorian bottles in storeton woods - 15th Jul 2012 7:17pm
went to storeton woods today to have a look for some victorian bottles, found lots of broken codds, stoneware, pottery and a few whole plates in the stream that runs through the woods, but couldnt seem to find a main location for a tip. is there any bottle diggers out there that has any more info on this place, or knows where the main tip was?

i went as far upstream as i could before it got too over grown, but had no luck and also ran out of time, so if anyone knows any more please let me know smile
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: victorian bottles in storeton woods - 15th Jul 2012 8:31pm
Are you sure you were in Storeton woods?I've been going there for 50 years and never seen a stream.
Posted By: chriskay Re: victorian bottles in storeton woods - 15th Jul 2012 9:12pm
Agree, no stream in Storeton woods; must have been somewhere else.
Posted By: x_plore Re: victorian bottles in lower Heath woods - 15th Jul 2012 9:41pm
Sorry my mistake, I meant lower Heath woods, would help if I got the name right before asking haha
Posted By: chriskay Re: victorian bottles in lower Heath woods - 16th Jul 2012 8:36am
Where's that,lozzer?
Posted By: sam_w Re: victorian bottles in lower Heath woods - 16th Jul 2012 11:55am
It's the other side of the m53 from storeton woods near pensby. If you look on google maps it's on station road.
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: victorian bottles in lower Heath woods - 16th Jul 2012 12:44pm
You can get to it by taking the public footpath that runs from the bottom of Little Storeton lane (off Lever causeway)to the Bassett hound.A gentle little walk that takes you over the M53 motorway,the railway,the stream that lozzer mentions and finally to the Bassett hound.

© Wirral-Wikiwirral