Forums
Posted By: pegsgirl Holidays - 14th Jun 2012 6:27pm
Where are you going for your summer holidays this year?? lets see who is going the furthest away...!! no fibbing.
Posted By: Sillymoo Re: Holidays - 14th Jun 2012 6:53pm
am off to new york later in the year
Posted By: cathie Re: Holidays - 14th Jun 2012 6:58pm
Gran Canaria in August & Ibiza in May next year :0)
Posted By: dave_h Re: Holidays - 14th Jun 2012 7:06pm
to our caravan in north wales :-)
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Holidays - 14th Jun 2012 7:11pm
Hopefully log cabin
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Holidays - 14th Jun 2012 7:14pm
I have just come back from Zante and will be going to turkey in a few weeks
Posted By: pegsgirl Re: Holidays - 14th Jun 2012 7:14pm
ooooh were is the Log Cabin, i have stayed in some nice ones in Sherwood forest
Posted By: lauralou2 Re: Holidays - 14th Jun 2012 7:14pm
ourgate
Posted By: Garygadge Re: Holidays - 14th Jun 2012 7:15pm
Ourgate or windowview for us!
Posted By: pegsgirl Re: Holidays - 14th Jun 2012 7:15pm
[quote=Sillymoo]am off to new york later in the year [/quote

Went there for a special Birthday, you will love it
Posted By: Garygadge Re: Holidays - 14th Jun 2012 7:15pm
Originally Posted by lauralou2
ourgate

Beat me to it!
Posted By: keving Re: Holidays - 14th Jun 2012 7:27pm
Just back from Mexico
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Holidays - 14th Jun 2012 7:54pm
Originally Posted by pegsgirl
ooooh were is the Log Cabin, i have stayed in some nice ones in Sherwood forest

Haven't a clue yet but we have been talking about it
Posted By: kittykat Re: Holidays - 14th Jun 2012 7:58pm
San Francisco, LA and Vegas.
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: Holidays - 14th Jun 2012 8:06pm
goin to menorca in sept!!canny wait.
Posted By: pegsgirl Re: Holidays - 14th Jun 2012 8:07pm
Oh well i win, Australia for me!!!... Thats if my numbers come up on the lottery Saturday!!!!! failing that its good old Treadurr bay in the caravan.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Holidays - 14th Jun 2012 8:15pm
carrigart, county donegal in 2 weeks holiday cottage, come on weather buck up
Posted By: arsenal Re: Holidays - 14th Jun 2012 8:17pm
we went to benidorm in may and we're going again in october cos we love it
Posted By: reddragon Re: Holidays - 14th Jun 2012 8:17pm
to our caravan in west wales
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Holidays - 14th Jun 2012 8:30pm
going to gran canaria(costa rica) in august, not been there before so we are looking forward to it
Posted By: lauralou2 Re: Holidays - 14th Jun 2012 8:34pm
Originally Posted by Garygadge
Originally Posted by lauralou2
ourgate

Beat me to it!
see you there lol
Posted By: Capt_America Re: Holidays - 14th Jun 2012 8:44pm
Not going = can't afford to (sobs!)
Posted By: chris58 Re: Holidays - 14th Jun 2012 9:28pm
Went to turkey in march and Egypt a fortnight ago. Did to Vegas in November my favourite place!
Posted By: starakita Re: Holidays - 14th Jun 2012 9:42pm
I went to Barmouth on my daughters yr6 school holiday,had a brill time done rock climbing & abseiling went on a zipwire just like being a kid again & best of all no cooking.
Posted By: nidgynoo Re: Holidays - 15th Jun 2012 12:20am
Shell island for me Bro's 40th at the end of the month, Cornwall for a week in August and the odd few camping trips down Barmouth..weather pending (next year Thailand..to see me oldest bro)
Posted By: Wench Re: Holidays - 15th Jun 2012 7:25am
We went to Krakow in April. We're hopefully going back later on this year after the football's finished. If not, it will be Malta again laugh Also looking like a few days camping at Shell Island with some friends & the dogs laugh
Posted By: Dilly Re: Holidays - 15th Jun 2012 9:34am
hello arsenal' if you go back to benidorm strongly recommend you try the 23 mile downhill bike ride' it is breathtaking.
Posted By: tedmus Re: Holidays - 15th Jun 2012 10:05am
Cottage booked early September near Dolgellau, 7 of us plus the doggies, should be nice.
Posted By: jemarc Re: Holidays - 15th Jun 2012 10:34am
off to Portland, Oregon USA in october x
Posted By: pegsgirl Re: Holidays - 15th Jun 2012 6:30pm
Now thats my type of holiday tedmus, a gang in a cottage plus the dog. We did that 2 years ago for new year, it snowed all week, log fire burning, red wine and hot meals in, we laughed for the whole week so much fun..
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Holidays - 15th Jun 2012 7:37pm
Originally Posted by Wench
We went to Krakow in April. We're hopefully going back later on this year after the football's finished. If not, it will be Malta again laugh Also looking like a few days camping at Shell Island with some friends & the dogs laugh

Went to Shell over the Jubilee weekend. Arrived Thursday evening - bril. Friday & Sat - bril. Sunday = disaster. Strong winds and rain. Wind bent our tent porch poles through 180 degrees - fixed them with scrap poles folk had dumped in the skips (I can fix most things). Loads of people just upped & went leaving tents and stuff behind. Even the Jubilee event beer tent blew down on the wind.

Never mind, Shell is Shell and I have been there is worse. I have been camping there since 1972 - when facilities were a lot more rudimentary than today.

Where to for any more hols? I wish, I wish. Being retired I have lots of opportunity and I can afford things, but I also have responsibilities for mum-minding. Would be nice to take mum but . . . it would never work. She is 94 and HATES anything different. Last week I took her on the Ferry from Wallasey along the Ship Canal to Manchester Salford Quays. Mum hated the whole journey. You can't win.

Snod
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Holidays - 15th Jun 2012 7:57pm
Jemarc ,i`m impressed how come you have chosen there, it is a beautiful place ,my daughter went to osu university for 5 years on a scholarship she really enjoyed it and so did we when we went for a visit ,lucky you smile
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Holidays - 15th Jun 2012 8:08pm
Originally Posted by dilly
hello arsenal' if you go back to benidorm strongly recommend you try the 23 mile downhill bike ride' it is breathtaking.

no way sticky vicky anytime lol

been there twice now, stayed at the gran bali very very nice and high
Posted By: tedmus Re: Holidays - 15th Jun 2012 8:16pm
Originally Posted by pegsgirl
Now thats my type of holiday tedmus, a gang in a cottage plus the dog. We did that 2 years ago for new year, it snowed all week, log fire burning, red wine and hot meals in, we laughed for the whole week so much fun..

Looking forward to the open fire and me and the better half are under instruction to pack the slow cooker! laugh Should be some nice walks nearby and then there's the scenery, can't wait.
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Holidays - 15th Jun 2012 9:53pm
Originally Posted by lemonhead

Sticky Vicky lol she`s great isn`t she .She has been retiring for the past 15 years lol
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Holidays - 15th Jun 2012 9:55pm
Originally Posted by gypsyjune
Originally Posted by lemonhead

Sticky Vicky lol she`s great isn`t she .She has been retiring for the past 15 years lol

hope she lasts another 15 years legend
Posted By: jemarc Re: Holidays - 15th Jun 2012 10:16pm
my step brother lives there, im going for 2 weeks just me with my stepmum x really looking forward to it x
Posted By: DaveMcRave Re: Holidays - 15th Jun 2012 11:24pm
Flying out to Ibiza (San Antonio) on the 10th July.

first time abroad in 24 years of being on this miserable planet.

Cant wait!
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: Holidays - 16th Jun 2012 12:35am
I'm going to sunny Wirral for my holidays in July smile Can't wait for my fave egg and cress butties, fish & chips, real chocolate, heinz vegetable soup, walks along the front at Parkgate and New Brighton and going to the pub with friends I haven't seen in ages smile You'd be surprised what you miss when it's no longer easily available
Posted By: granny Re: Holidays - 16th Jun 2012 12:45am
Originally Posted by Elizabeth
I'm going to sunny Wirral for my holidays in July smile Can't wait for my fave egg and cress butties, fish & chips, real chocolate, heinz vegetable soup, walks along the front at Parkgate and New Brighton and going to the pub with friends I haven't seen in ages smile You'd be surprised what you miss when it's no longer easily available

Hi Elizabeth, How are you? I hope you've missed the rain because by the looks of things, it's not going to let up for a while yet. Awful! Just hope you enjoy your trip home,it must be quite exciting for you. You've got to have a trip on the ferry too. How about the Manchester ship canal cruise. Need to be booked in advance, but a really, really good trip.(take a picnic if you go)
Posted By: dave_h Re: Holidays - 16th Jun 2012 9:08am
Originally Posted by Garygadge
Ourgate or windowview for us!

both very nice places!
Posted By: muffermurphy Re: Holidays - 16th Jun 2012 9:38am
no where because im skint
Posted By: TheComebackKid Re: Holidays - 16th Jun 2012 11:25am

Well I've done all the faraway places, so I'm holidaying in the UK this year, having a quiet week at Ribby Hall in July and another week in a cottage in Shropshire in September, both places take dogs, so I'm happy.

Posted By: jaki1 Re: Holidays - 16th Jun 2012 11:54am
Isle of Wight next month, hopefully.
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: Holidays - 17th Jun 2012 1:30am
Originally Posted by granny
Originally Posted by Elizabeth

Hi Elizabeth, How are you? I hope you've missed the rain because by the looks of things, it's not going to let up for a while yet. Awful! Just hope you enjoy your trip home,it must be quite exciting for you. You've got to have a trip on the ferry too. How about the Manchester ship canal cruise. Need to be booked in advance, but a really, really good trip.(take a picnic if you go)

Hello Granny I'm fine thanks and we've had more than our fair share of rain here too! We will most likely go on the ferry while there as we'll be in Liverpool for at least one day for our son's graduation at the Anglican cathedral, not sure about Manchester though. It's funny though how we always come home to Wirral for our holidays, when lots of people come to the place I now call home for theirs smile
Posted By: eggandchips Re: Holidays - 17th Jun 2012 3:18am
toying with the idea of Cancun? mexico

anybody been?
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Holidays - 18th Jun 2012 8:16am
Originally Posted by eggandchips
toying with the idea of Cancun? mexico

anybody been?
Hi eggandchips wev`e been up the road by 20 minits to Riviera Mayo ,fantastic place .Cancun it`s self is very expensive but again beautiful place ,if you go you will enjoy it
Posted By: eggandchips Re: Holidays - 18th Jun 2012 9:16am
cheers gypsy,
its a time share but all inclusive, only got to pay for flight really
Posted By: jenscho Re: Holidays - 18th Jun 2012 10:55am
We + dog went to a gorgeous cottage in Shropshire at the beginning of last month, it was amazing! We have just booked a sneaky mum and dad only holiday though to Malaga for next month and we're leaving the boys at home with nan! Feel really guilty about it though!
Posted By: saltytom Re: Holidays - 18th Jun 2012 12:38pm
Dublin, Waterford, Kinsale, Portumna, Galway, Athlone, Duleek and back to Dublin with wife and Ralph the dog looking at huge fuel bill.
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Holidays - 18th Jun 2012 12:51pm
Originally Posted by eggandchips
cheers gypsy,
its a time share but all inclusive, only got to pay for flight really
Any room in your case for a little one you`ll love it Eggandchips
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Holidays - 18th Jun 2012 12:54pm
Also Eggandchips buy your self a case weigher from pound land (you can keep it in your hand luggage )and stick to the proposed case weight ,they are buggers out there for charging loads for a bit over weight .And if you all in you won`t spend any thing ,you even get your water free .Go and enjoy Mexico
© Wirral-Wikiwirral