Forums
Posted By: pegsgirl sea odyssey - 22nd Apr 2012 2:01pm
Did anyone go and see the Giants over the weekend. I did thought it was absolutely fantastic. Brilliant atmosphere. Well done Liverpool for putting on this fantastic and moving show.
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: sea odyssey - 22nd Apr 2012 2:41pm
Yes I whent yesterday

Bloidy fantastic
Posted By: chris7777 Re: sea odyssey - 22nd Apr 2012 3:12pm
i went yesterday and today, and it was absolutely fantastic, never seen anything like it! well done Liverpool,but most of all well done the giants and the puppeteers who worked them---great show,it will be remembered for years to come.
Posted By: pegsgirl Re: sea odyssey - 22nd Apr 2012 4:26pm
Totally agree, i got some fantastic photos.
Posted By: Salmon Re: sea odyssey - 22nd Apr 2012 6:14pm
I really feel sorry for those who did not or could not get to see it in person. Pictures do not do it credit.
Posted By: chris7777 Re: sea odyssey - 22nd Apr 2012 6:18pm
Originally Posted by pegsgirl
Totally agree, i got some fantastic photos.

me too!!
Posted By: chris7777 Re: sea odyssey - 22nd Apr 2012 6:19pm
Originally Posted by Salmon
I really feel sorry for those who did not or could not get to see it in person. Pictures do not do it credit.

me too! you had to be there to appreciate it.
Posted By: starakita Re: sea odyssey - 22nd Apr 2012 6:38pm
we went to see it yesterday,people were crying when the little girl was picked up by the diver but it was emotional as said in a previous post you had to be there & I thought the dog was brilliant.
Posted By: pegsgirl Re: sea odyssey - 22nd Apr 2012 7:10pm
Agree re being there in person, you cant capture the atmosphere in a photo, but i have these lovely pictures to remember the occasion. If i knew how to upload some i would lol!!! heard some negative comments re timings, traffic, James street station...WHAT do these people want!!
Posted By: chris7777 Re: sea odyssey - 22nd Apr 2012 7:16pm
Originally Posted by pegsgirl
Agree re being there in person, you cant capture the atmosphere in a photo, but i have these lovely pictures to remember the occasion. If i knew how to upload some i would lol!!! heard some negative comments re timings, traffic, James street station...WHAT do these people want!!

pegsgirl,
just click on new reply, then in next window click on upload manager, choose your files to upload, there are instructions on that page as what to do, it's really dead easy!
Posted By: pegsgirl Re: sea odyssey - 22nd Apr 2012 7:33pm
Thanks Chris,
that was easy!!!

Here you go, Giant dog.

Attached picture Sea Odyssey 2012 058 (480x640).jpg
Posted By: PaulH Re: sea odyssey - 22nd Apr 2012 7:34pm
We heard someone say they had missed it all, the official website had the schedule as finishing aroud 2.30 The organisers later announced the change was due to the river tides. All in all, amazing.
Posted By: cookie Re: sea odyssey - 22nd Apr 2012 8:19pm
There was actually quite a lot of people who missed it !!!! Luckily we saw it sailing off down the Mersey, only just though, haha. As for the trains getting there, we set off early, waited half an hour just to get our tickets at Conway Park. Problems at James Street station we expected but felt so sorry for the people with prams, or who were elderly that then had the long hike upstairs and corridors just to get out. Personally I enjoyed the geyser watching everyone get soaked !! But that's because i have a sick sense of humour, hehe !
Posted By: Wench Re: sea odyssey - 22nd Apr 2012 8:37pm
We watched the boat from this side. I don't want to change the size of my pictures so here's my Flikr link with some of the pictures from it. There's also some of the RNLI hovercraft and the Plaques along the Prom on there too.

Click Here for images.

Posted By: polo_phil Re: sea odyssey - 23rd Apr 2012 7:52am
Excellent show! Glad we went!
A few of my pics.

Attached picture IMG731.JPG
Attached picture IMG722.JPG
Attached picture IMG725.JPG
Posted By: Maisie Re: sea odyssey - 24th Apr 2012 9:10am
We went on Saturday, and you know I loved every minute of it. The puppeteers worked so hard. Want to go again...LOL!!
Took some really good pics and some video too!!

Attached picture ArFcKitCQAE4k7I.jpg
Posted By: Anonymous Re: sea odyssey - 24th Apr 2012 10:02am
I heard on the news that Social Services are now involved over a 30 foot girl left alone to wander around the City.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral