Forums
Posted By: Knickers Wirral Families on TV - 12th Mar 2012 4:48pm
Hi there,

I work for a TV production company in London called Knickerbockerglory TV, creators of 'Pineapple Dance Studios'. I came across your community forum because I am looking specifically for Wirral-based families to take part in a new show we're making called Twin Towns.

Wirral is twinned with Midland, Texas, so we basically want to take warm, fun and interesting families and swap their lives with families from the US for a week. The family would be taking part in a great show looking at cultural differences and harmony between twinned towns. Its basis is on fun and feel-good entertainment, and not on conflict like it is with shows like Wife Swap. It would be great to hear from any families wanting to experience life on the other side of the Atlantic and who have a particular interest in trying their hand at something new.

All we ask for you to qualify is that the family have at least one child and that they do live in Wirral. You'd need to be available between the dates (April 16th - June 30th). The show will be broadcast on a major UK network; so it would be great publicity for you so please pass on the information to all those who may be interested. Of course, the trip would be free and is really a once in a lifetime opportunity!

If you are interested in taking part, please e-mail [email protected] for more information.

Thanks for your time,

Tom
Posted By: Wheels Re: Wirral Families on TV - 12th Mar 2012 8:53pm
Just spoke to the missis and we will do it smile
Posted By: Geekus Re: Wirral Families on TV - 12th Mar 2012 9:18pm
Originally Posted by Knickers
Hi there,

I work for a TV production company in London called Knickerbockerglory TV, creators of 'Pineapple Dance Studios'.

Aren't Pulse Films the production company behind 'Pineapple Dance Studios'? think
Posted By: Geekus Re: Wirral Families on TV - 12th Mar 2012 9:44pm
http://www.knickerbockerglory.tv/ thumbsup

Jodie Marsh! flex
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Wirral Families on TV - 12th Mar 2012 11:10pm
Nice one, Wheels. Have you applyed then?
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Wirral Families on TV - 13th Mar 2012 7:27am
If you have any for Australia`I hear the grass is greener out there` I could be tempted the only drawback is am playing for keeps! we may not come home ..fed up of the UK
Posted By: Knickers Re: Wirral Families on TV - 13th Mar 2012 10:16am
Hi Wheels,

Have you contacted us at [email protected]? I will send you further details on from there.

Thanks,

Tom
Posted By: Geekus Re: Wirral Families on TV - 13th Mar 2012 10:51am
Midland looks like an okay place. Almost guaranteed sunshine, unlike here. Lol!

Strictly speaking it's a 'Sister City' to Birkenhead, not a Twin Town to the Wirral.

George W.Bush comes from Midland. Wonder if he'll put his name down to come over here?!
Posted By: chriskay Re: Wirral Families on TV - 13th Mar 2012 11:09am
How can Midland be a twin town with Wirral, when Wirral isn't a town.
Another rubbish "reality" programme to go with all the other dross. thumbsdown
Posted By: Geekus Re: Wirral Families on TV - 13th Mar 2012 11:18am
Originally Posted by chriskay
Another rubbish "reality" programme to go with all the other dross. thumbsdown

I take it you're not a fan of bodybuilding with Jodie Marsh then, chriskay?! raftl

Maybe not so many would be interested in applying anyway if it was only a trip to Gennevilliers rather than Texas!
Posted By: snowshoes Re: Wirral Families on TV - 13th Mar 2012 11:22am
Originally Posted by Wheels
Just spoke to the missis and we will do it smile

You won't want to come back seeyu
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wirral Families on TV - 13th Mar 2012 11:22am
@ Chris. Fazakerley !!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral