Forums
Posted By: jen12 Softball - Sunday 19/02/2012 Arrowe Park 14:00 - 2nd Feb 2012 11:44pm
First Wirral Softball session is Sunday February 19th, at 2pm at Arrowe Park, Arrowe Brook Road, Greasby.

Anyone can come and play; male or female, no matter your age, even if you have never played. It'll be a fun session lasting about 90 minutes.

It's the L shaped field in the middle. You can zoom out on the link below to see where in Wirral it is, not sure of the postcode of the road.
Arrowe Park - Google Maps

There's a car park right next to the field, entrance to which is from Arrowe Brook Road. I'll be in the car park to meet everyone coming to play from 13:45, and I'll wear a green hoody so I'm easy to spot!

I met with someone from the council today, and we toured Arrowe Park looking for a permanent pitch for Softball and I think we've found one. Things are beginning to move very quickly.

I've been in touch with Liz Knight, the regional coach from BSUK, and she's coming down from Manchester to meet with us, give us some coaching on the day and help us get started. She's enthusiastic and will give us the help we need to start a Wirral League. She will also arrange for us to play in rookie games against the Softball teams in Sefton.

The session is free and the coach is bringing all the equipment, so just wear something comfortable and warm. It would be good to go for a drink or something afterwards to chat about future Softball sessions and see what everybody wants to do.

I think it's important that we get as many people there as possible on the 19th. It'll show the coach and the council that we do want to start Softball on the Wirral. So if you are interested in playing Softball, please make an big effort to come on the Sunday smile

And feel free to bring anyone along to play! Everyone is welcome!

See you there

Jen

[email protected]
Posted By: jen12 Re: Softball - Sunday 19/02/2012 Arrowe Park 14:00 - 6th Feb 2012 10:24am
Email us: wirralsoftball@yahoo.co.uk

Follow us: http://twitter.com/WirralSoftball

Like us: http://facebook.com/WirralSoftball
© Wirral-Wikiwirral