Forums
Posted By: paxvobiscum Light Cinema New Brighton - 15th Dec 2011 12:19am
Has anyone been to the new cinema in New Brighton?

Will you give your impressions, and how you think it compares to other local cinemas.

thanks
Posted By: arwen444 Re: Light Cinema New Brighton - 15th Dec 2011 8:30am
have been to the new cinema. customer service is outstanding. staff enthusiasm breathtaking (hope this lasts past the initial new thing) comfy seats reasonable prices. good community feel about it, this may or may not be down to employing local people. could never be bothered going to birkenhead to much hassle parking. could do with negotiating a dine/cinemas discount with brooklyns.would give us a good insentive to do both!!!
Posted By: ponytail Re: Light Cinema New Brighton - 15th Dec 2011 9:36am
Their website doesn't mention any ticket prices or kids am shows. Any info on these? It looks fantastic though so its a thumbs up from me.
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Light Cinema New Brighton - 15th Dec 2011 9:47am
there advertising manager needs to be sacked !

it has been open for 2 weeks and yet theres been no advertising in local papers, no radio adverts and little or no internet coverage !

The website is as useless as ...........!
Posted By: saltytom Re: Light Cinema New Brighton - 15th Dec 2011 9:51am
As above we had a great night the staff did a fantastic job picture / sound quality far better than the other places on the wirral i had taken ear plugs with me just incase to loud volume fine
Posted By: Nigel Re: Light Cinema New Brighton - 15th Dec 2011 9:57am
Originally Posted by jabber

it has been open for 2 weeks and yet theres been no advertising in local papers, no radio adverts and little or no internet coverage !

Were is it exactly (Address?) is there a website link?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Light Cinema New Brighton - 15th Dec 2011 10:24am
http://www.lightcinemas.co.uk
Posted By: jaki1 Re: Light Cinema New Brighton - 15th Dec 2011 11:59am
prices?
Posted By: NBSM51 Re: Light Cinema New Brighton - 15th Dec 2011 2:35pm
To find the prices for this place you have to click on the time of the movie and that will show the prices etc
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: Light Cinema New Brighton - 15th Dec 2011 3:36pm
Originally Posted by NBSM51
To find the prices for this place you have to click on the time of the movie and that will show the prices etc

I was impressed that there was no booking fee and it seems that over 60's have same price seats even later in evening.

Is there a car park and is it free or is it parking on the prom?
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Light Cinema New Brighton - 15th Dec 2011 3:41pm
Parking in Morrisons.
They do Orange Wednesdays too!
Posted By: ResearcherTony Re: Light Cinema New Brighton - 15th Dec 2011 3:45pm
Originally Posted by Bezzymate
Parking in Morrisons.
They do Orange Wednesdays too!

would you like to come and watch sherlock holmes with me when it comes out? i can not wait to go there, bout time our lovely area got more great nights out for our locals xxx
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Light Cinema New Brighton - 15th Dec 2011 3:48pm
Yer can do!
It is mainly kids pics at the moment!
Posted By: ResearcherTony Re: Light Cinema New Brighton - 15th Dec 2011 3:54pm
Originally Posted by Bezzymate
Yer can do!
It is mainly kids pics at the moment!

yes i had a look and ive looked on www.imdb.com and it shows all the releases coming up. could also do meal at brooklyns party
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Light Cinema New Brighton - 15th Dec 2011 3:56pm
Don't push it! Lol
Posted By: ResearcherTony Re: Light Cinema New Brighton - 15th Dec 2011 4:00pm
i will be treating you so we could go halves on the meal if you like. just think it will be the first time we have been able to go for a day/night out in new brighton xxx
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Light Cinema New Brighton - 15th Dec 2011 4:07pm
Originally Posted by jabber

Spot on there Jabber,I didn't even know New Brighton had a new cinema.
Posted By: carbooter Re: Light Cinema New Brighton - 15th Dec 2011 5:42pm
saw this on merseymagazine last week

THE Light Cinema New Brighton cinema has celebrated a glitzy premiere opening attended by 350 guests.

The 1,200-seater The Light Cinema in New Brighton, Wirral, cost £5.5m and features eight luxury screens and has created more than 25 jobs. It is key part of the new £60m Marine Point waterfront resort by Neptune Group, featuring shopping and leisure attractions.

Guests included Tranmere Rovers Chairman Peter Johnson, team captain John Welsh and players Enoch Showunmi and Andy Robinson. The Mayor Moira McLaughlin officially opened the cinema by cutting an orange ribbon. Guests then guests enjoyed a VIP champagne reception and gourmet fish and chips and the exclusive first screening of 'New Year's Eve' starring Michelle Pfeiffer, Robert De Niro, Zac Efron and Halle Berry which was released worldwide on Friday December 9th.

Proceeds from the night will go to the Royal National Lifeboat Institute (RNLI), which has three bases in Wirral including New Brighton lifeboat station opposite the cinema.

The Light chain of cinemas was founded by Keith Pullinger and John Sullivan who have extensive experience in the cinema industry and property development business.

Keith Pullinger said: "We are thrilled with the New Brighton cinema. It is our pride and joy. The opening is the culmination of a great team effort by the wonderful people who work here.

"Hosting the UK premiere of such a big budget film must be a first for New Brighton, but hopefully not the last."

John Sullivan said: "Digital cinema is entering a new generation and we are right at the forefront of developments with unrivalled audio visual facilities. We want to create a unique cinema reaching out into our local community, tailored to their needs and wishes.

"It is our privilege to have dedicated the premiere opening to the RNLI. We are so impressed with the life-saving work the volunteers do here in the waters around Wirral."

Frank Brereton, chairman of New Brighton RNLI, said the group is delighted with the support from The Light.

The Mayor of Wirral, Councillor Moira McLaughlin, predicts a massive future for New Brighton in the wake of the opening of the Cinema on Marine Point

Speaking exclusively to Mersey Magazine, just moments after she had performed the opening ceremony, Councillor McLaughlin said the regeneration for the resort has taken another major step forward

She believes that hard work, plus the confidence of the investors, is set to reap reward

She said, "I have been involoved in every part of the regeneration here in New Brighton and the opening of this superb cinema is just another piece of the jigsaw falling into place

"It is really important to the future of this area and I pay tribute to the people who have had the courage to invest in New Brighton and to give it a new lease of life and we can see now fruits of that, it is coming good, it is just fantastic down here

" New Brighton has really got a future now and I am absolutely delighted to be here this evening"
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Light Cinema New Brighton - 16th Dec 2011 12:17am
Sherlock Holmes opens this very day, 16th!
Posted By: Blazeparadox Re: Light Cinema New Brighton - 16th Dec 2011 1:40am
Light Cinema Facebook page WikiWirral has a mention on there already smile
Posted By: stupot42 Re: Light Cinema New Brighton - 16th Dec 2011 11:12am
I only live down the road and have been watching it grow over the last year or so. I went with the Mrs on Wednesday and I was very impressed. The seats are really comfy (best on the Wirral and better than Cheshire Oaks too I'd say) and there's loads of leg room. It's well done out inside, the screens and sound quality are as good as I've seen anywhere. The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful. It's going to be my cinema of choice in the future and not just because it's convenient.

I did see they put an ad in the Wirral News the week it opened, but nothing since. I think they're going for a slow start to get feedback and build things up, and I was told their website is an interim thing until the full one is done.

Overall I think they're onto a winner. I agree about the idea of a meal and film deal with Brooklyns. I'd be up for that as the wife and I often go to the Odeon and Frankie and Benny's on a Wednesday.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral