Forums
Just been for a walk down New Brighton with the dogs and just by the castle there are people in robes baptizing people in the sea, it was a really weird thing to see in New Brighton.
Did anybody else see this?

Carol
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Baptizing People in Sea at New Brighton Today!! - 30th Oct 2011 4:33pm
Where they being fully immersed - or just going through the motions ??

Sorry, couldn't resist that!
Good one Pinz. Funniest thing I saw was someone waterskiing at Seacombe. The Seacombe Riviera, who would've thought it.
Never heard of the God botherers being down there before though.
Took loads of photo`s, how can i upload them to show you?
probley with the water supply being interupted by lack of water birkenhead are baithing lol
click switch to full reply screen then upload manager then select pics on your pc and hey presto
we saw it last year at egramont where they was all in white and the waves was coming over the sea wall,we was stood with the life guard and i swear one poor bloke who was dunked turned white and broke the 100 metre dash up that slope while we was pissing our self laughing while there was a group of women shouting chants lol
Here goes, let me know if you can see the photo......

Attached picture NewBrightonA2.JPG
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Baptizing People in Sea at New Brighton Today!! - 30th Oct 2011 5:27pm
Thanks for the pic. Yes, it worked - well done. It looks a little on the "cool & refreshing" side to me!
lol. Nutters
Got told they were from Barbados
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Baptizing People in Sea at New Brighton Today!! - 30th Oct 2011 5:34pm
did her waters brake raftl
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Baptizing People in Sea at New Brighton Today!! - 30th Oct 2011 5:34pm
Full immersion in the waters around Barbados sounds a bit better that a dunk in the Mersey!!
i would want 2 be dunked over there not in the mersey lol
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer
Full immersion in the water around Barbados sounds a bit better that a dunk in the Mersey!!

But not as much test of faith raftl
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Baptizing People in Sea at New Brighton Today!! - 30th Oct 2011 5:36pm
Correct DD. I've got to agree with that!
there are no gods just get on with your life.this makes me feel sick and she will be when she gets home
Originally Posted by micsey
there are no gods just get on with your life.this makes me feel sick and she will be when she gets home

withthat

she's as shallow as that water laugh
Obviously they are cockle pickers and one of them Is being helped to his feet after falling over! Lol
Yes, saw that earlier one.

Wild Spirit were you using the SLR taking pics?
I've seen them doing this before complete with chanting and drums and stuff, was interesting to see. This was going back like 7 months as well.
Originally Posted by MrPhil
Yes, saw that earlier one.

Wild Spirit were you using the SLR taking pics?

According to the exif data, a Canon EOS 600D no less and I will hazard a guess he was using a 70-300 lens.
somewhere on wikiwirral there are pics of large crowds attending religious meetings by Red Rocks 1800s/ early 1900s?
Maybe there's some religious significance about New Brighton
Kevin.....Your spot on with what i was using lol
How did you know that Kevin?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Baptizing People in Sea at New Brighton Today!! - 30th Oct 2011 8:09pm
Originally Posted by xxwildspiritxx

He stood next to you when you were taking the pictures!!

Good God!!!
Here goes, let me know if you can see the photo......

Originally Posted by PaulWirral

He stood next to you when you were taking the pictures!!

Hey!!! Thats just wrong LOL

Witchcraft Haha. No, if you save the picture to your desktop, right click it then go to propities then details and all the data is there. Camera make, model, time and date taken, ISO, focal lenth etc,the whole lot. I guessed the lens as its the most common for that focal lenth.
Learn something new everyday, cheers Kev
Woohoo! The camera I'm getting, is it as good as Canon make out wild spirit?
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Woohoo! The camera I'm getting, is it as good as Canon make out wild spirit?

Arr Ste, wait until you get it, i can honestly say that it is one of the best things i have ever bought and i mean that, Fantastic camera
baptising people in the Mersey? are they Roman Cath oil Slicks?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral