Forums
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Odeon Imax gallery? - 15th Oct 2011 11:13am
Has anyone been and is it any good?

I've been told the gallery has unlimited food, but it just says 'complimentary refeshments' on the website. I don't want us to skip tea for unlimited food to find out it's just one thing each tease

Also I've not seen gallery seats before but a quick google says it's on a mezzanine floor above the other cinema, would that work with imax? Would you be able to see the bottom of the screen? Sorry if it's a stupid question but that's how it sounds tease

Thanks!
Posted By: Snickas Re: Odeon Imax gallery? - 15th Oct 2011 11:49am
ummmm I have a picture somewhere...I'll have a hunt in the pics album.

Theres unlimited popcorn (salted & sweet), natzo's (whatever they're called) with sauces. Unlimited soft drinks and costa coffee (only thing that kept me awake through some movies)
[Linked Image]

Theres a bar up there, drinks are....I think it was like £2.75 for a bottle of bud. I'm not sure hun cos I only drink on the very few occassions.

I thinks its great, the seats in the VIP area are so much more comfortable and roomy (which is why my son (the one with aspergers) will only go there as you're not sitting too close to him).

If you like to go the cinema and you always buy the deal that usually consists of a large popcorn and a large drink, like we do (and we share it between us). Than its worth paying the price for the VIP area, plus you can have as much popcorn and drinks as you can eat! lol
and its comfortable.

It usually costs me about £50 each time to take Matt, but I'd be paying that anywhere else really...and he'd never go into any other cinema...bearly leaves the house as hes agoraphobic. so its worth it for us...

I'll try and find that piccie for you.
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: Odeon Imax gallery? - 15th Oct 2011 11:55am
Ahh brillaint thanks! It just wouldn't say anywhere on the internet and I didn't want us to only have one thing of nachos all day thinking we'd be getting unlimited tease
good about the seats too! I heard they have sofas there too? tease
Thanks youuu!
Posted By: Snickas Re: Odeon Imax gallery? - 15th Oct 2011 12:02pm
Excuse the quality...it was took as we were passing,on the way out.

Yeah they have a couple of booths and a few sofas, as you can see on the picture. And the bar is just to the left, in the middle.

To really enjoy the full experience of it and to get your moneys worth, go about a 45mins - to an hour before the movie starts.
That way you can enjoy a cuppa, settle in, etc before you go to watch the movie.

Theres also ushers there, so they let you know when the movie is about to start and they check if you're comfortable etc.

Attached picture 27042011076.jpg
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: Odeon Imax gallery? - 15th Oct 2011 12:05pm
Is this the one in Liverpool one.My mate went last weekend to watch lion king 3d , and had the experience totally ruined by a family of ... .By all accounts , the staff weren't to interested either.I am aware that you can get idiots anywhere though.
Posted By: Snickas Re: Odeon Imax gallery? - 15th Oct 2011 12:08pm
Originally Posted by Toffeenose
Is this the one in Liverpool one.My mate went last weekend to watch lion king 3d , and had the experience totally ruined by a family of ... .By all accounts , the staff weren't to interested either.I am aware that you can get idiots anywhere though.

Its meant to be 18+ only, up there???

I know thats whats stipulated on their website.
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: Odeon Imax gallery? - 15th Oct 2011 12:09pm
Sounds amazing Snickas grin the pic's not loadng on my phone, will have to look on the computer in a bit! Have you been to an imax gallery?

Aww sorry it wasn't good Toffeenose! It's so annoying when people just ruin the whole thing! We had a guy talking on his phone most of the way through behind us, even ordering a pizza for afterwards!
Posted By: Snickas Re: Odeon Imax gallery? - 15th Oct 2011 12:21pm
I've been to 2 Imax Galleries.
One in Manchester and Liverpool One. deffo love the Liverpool one most.

If you're going today, the gallery access area is right on the very top floor. Either get the lift straight up there, or if you're going up the escalators, just keep going up until you see a massive Gold Oscar statue.

I only say this cos we got lost the first we went [Linked Image]

The Gallery area is 18+, i just checked...I guess the friend must have went to a family showing Toffee? Sorry they had a bad experience there...thats another why my son hates the cinema and will only go the Gallery so hes not sitting near other kids (he just isn't capable of tolerating them). The VIP area in the cinema itself is cut off from the general sitting areas you see.
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: Odeon Imax gallery? - 15th Oct 2011 12:28pm
Yayyy awesome thanks! I can't wait now grin Hahaha thanks for the directions, I can imagine that happening to us too tease Thanks!
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: Odeon Imax gallery? - 15th Oct 2011 1:05pm
apologies....just to confirm, my friends experience was not in the gallery.
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: Odeon Imax gallery? - 15th Oct 2011 1:11pm
Originally Posted by Toffeenose
apologies....just to confirm, my friends experience was not in the gallery.

Ooh okay thanks! smile
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Odeon Imax gallery? - 15th Oct 2011 2:45pm
they had free quality street the other week, we must of taken about £20 worth, staff weren't bothered wink
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: Odeon Imax gallery? - 15th Oct 2011 5:22pm
Haha! I'm sure I'll be back on here tonight to let you all know how it was grin
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: Odeon Imax gallery? - 16th Oct 2011 9:01am
Aww it was great! laugh we went in about 40 mins before and had a load of nachos, then took in a thing of popcorn each and another drink. Then I noticed the quality street and they gave me a cup so i could take more tease the seats were good with being able to move the arm rest and the little table on the side of the chair to put stuff on grin

It was good too cos we sat in the middle seats but this guy's head was in the way, so we moved along one but it still felt like we were in the middle somehow! Plus the film was amazing too so it was all good grin
Posted By: Snickas Re: Odeon Imax gallery? - 16th Oct 2011 9:44am
[Linked Image] glad you really enjoyed the experience hun.

See what I mean about the seats in the cinema, so much nicer isn't it!!! I loved those little tables on the side.

Don't you think its worth paying for it, considering you probably would've ended up paying more had you brought what you ate, at the till?
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: Odeon Imax gallery? - 16th Oct 2011 10:14am
Yeah definitely! I think if we paid for everything we had it would've come to about £30 each instead of 22.45, but that wouldn't have included the sweets, the time before hand, the really good seats and the staff were a lot nicer up there as well! Definitely worth it but just as a treat, i wouldn't do it every time as i go about two or three times a month tease
Posted By: Snickas Re: Odeon Imax gallery? - 16th Oct 2011 10:21am
I know what you mean, i only go if Matt wants to see something (which isn't very often) or for an occasion like a birthday. Its a great treat to do laugh
we tend to go for the whole experience, imax, 3D, especially with the big action movies like Thor (that was breath taking in there), transformers, etc.

come away at the end feeling blown to pieces with it all! [Linked Image] we love it.

Really glad you really enjoyed it though [Linked Image]

Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: Odeon Imax gallery? - 16th Oct 2011 10:31am
Yeah it was great with it being that type of film, the imax made it feel like you were actually there watching the matches, i got goosebumps and everything tease thanks, me too! laugh
© Wirral-Wikiwirral