Forums
Posted By: johnnyp Venue for Creative Writing Course - 25th Aug 2011 9:01am
I'm a bit of a new boy on WikiWirral so I'm not sure if this is the right forum. I'm a local writer and with the new academic season upon us, I would like to run a Creative Writing class on the Wirral. Not for a qualification but to get people started with writing.

I did a local Creative Writing course a few years ago and from that I've written a short film which won the first Wirral Film Festival, I've had quotes from my stories displayed in the new Museum of Liverpool and I've got a new children's book about to be published. A lot of people would like to write but need a little leg up on the way and I'd like to be able to give them a shove up the first rung on the ladder.

So if anyone knows of a public venue where I could get a room to hold a class, daytime or evening, please get in touch.
Johnny Parker
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Venue for Creative Writing Course - 25th Aug 2011 9:28am
Public libraries do different courses - but don't know if they charge for use of room and pcs
Posted By: johnnyp Re: Venue for Creative Writing Course - 25th Aug 2011 9:41am
Thanks for that, will look into it. Don't mind paying.
Posted By: Silverback Re: Venue for Creative Writing Course - 25th Aug 2011 10:14am
Cavendish Community Centre
Cavendish St
Birkenhead
0151 653 7177

Close to train and bus sevices.

Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Venue for Creative Writing Course - 25th Aug 2011 10:24am
keep us posted Johnnyp, wouldn't mind a crack at that myself.
Posted By: johnnyp Re: Venue for Creative Writing Course - 25th Aug 2011 5:50pm
Cavendish St sounds good, will give them a bell
Posted By: Helena51 Re: Venue for Creative Writing Course - 16th Dec 2012 10:33pm
Hi, just wondering if you ever did get a creative writing course started as Im looking to do one. Thanks
© Wirral-Wikiwirral