Forums
Posted By: Reremnart The Vue Birkenhead - 24th Aug 2011 9:24pm
The place is a joke quite frankly. When it was first opened as the Warner Village there was a box office where you could buy your cinema tickets and a place to buy food etc but since it became The Vue, the box office has been closed and you have to buy movie tickets, food, drinks etc at the same counter which is usually understaffed. It`s normally OK during the day when there are only a few customers but during the childrens holiday or at night when a popular film is showing customers can spend up to half an hour in the queue whilst some people decide if they want Cola, Fanta or Sprite and whether they want hog dogs or popcorn whilst the rest of us just want to pay to see a movie have to stand around waiting for them . I myself and my nephew for example queued up along with about 80 other people this afternoon for some 25 minutes and there were still people coming into the screen we were in some 10 minutes after the film started. This stupidity must be company policy because I believe the same thing happens at the Vue at Cheshire Oakes as well. Yet another example, me thinks, of a cost cutting exercise that inconviences the customer. Of course you can always buy your tickets on line and pay an extra charge per ticket for the privilege.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: The Vue Birkenhead - 24th Aug 2011 9:33pm
What are you thinking going to that riff raff birkenhead one anyway?
Use the cinema in bromborough, much better experience and you won`t get your car broken into or pickpocketed.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: The Vue Birkenhead - 24th Aug 2011 10:09pm
Vue in the port is better, but it still suffers from the dreaded que behind idiots buying alsorts of over priced shit. I once waited in a que for so long (1 hour) that I had missed the first 15 mins of the film and they wouldnt let me in to watch it late.

I have noticed the toilets are always in a terrible condition, same as B&Q, Tesco etc etc. Cost-co toilets are always immaculate and in tip top condition. Wonder if thats because they use quality metal doors etc.
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: The Vue Birkenhead - 24th Aug 2011 10:17pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
What are you thinking going to that riff raff birkenhead one anyway?
Use the cinema in bromborough, much better experience and you won`t get your car broken into or pickpocketed.

i prefer Bromborough , and you sometimes have to get your cimema tickets at the refreshments stall , but the box office has always been open when its been busy..
Posted By: Snickas Re: The Vue Birkenhead - 24th Aug 2011 10:32pm
OMG haven't any of you used the gallery and Imax experience yet?
where have you been?!?!?!

Liverpool One. The Odeon

You have to book tickets online for the Gallery, which is for over 18+. Theres booths up there, a bar and you get VIP seating, which is like sitting on a large 2 seater sette's...oh and you can have as much nacho's, popcorn, drinks and costa coffee & tea as you want (its free in the gallery).

It is about £22-24 a ticket though...but by the time you've paid for VIP seats, popcorn, drinks and what have you...it only works about a couple of quid dearer which makes up for the seats.

as for the imax experience....wow...
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: The Vue Birkenhead - 24th Aug 2011 10:46pm
Wow! Sounds great. What movie did you go and see?
(Grrr, i hate the word 'Movie'- prefer 'Film')
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: The Vue Birkenhead - 25th Aug 2011 1:10am
I've just been to Vue in Birkenhead and it all seems fine to me, and I go a lot! Like once a month to the Vue and two or three times a month to Liverpool Odeon and never had a problem! Yeah the queues can be long but that's why you get there earlier than the start of the film, plus they all have ticket machines away from the counter for people who don't want to buy the food, so you have no reason to complain about that really.

I've only been to the one in Cheshire Oaks a few times, about five times, but have never even waited in a queue. And if it was a cost cutting exercise then they wouldn't have had the vacancies advert playing in the screen we were in today, advertising new jobs there.
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: The Vue Birkenhead - 25th Aug 2011 1:52am

my fold down table was full on nachos n salsa dip lol
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: The Vue Birkenhead - 25th Aug 2011 2:10am
www.odeon.co.uk/fanatic/tickets_and_pricing/s171/
Posted By: Sallybear Re: The Vue Birkenhead - 25th Aug 2011 6:59am
You have to get your tickets and food at the same counter in most cinemas now, and it's incredibly busy even in the Odeon in Liverpool One, I much prefer NOT going the cinema to be honest, I must be getting a bit old, but they always have the sound so high it hurts my ears and it's never comfy, ok i have a fat bum, but even so.

The only cinema I have enjoyed in the last 10 years is the Fact in Liverpool. Went to see The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou and it was lovely in there, you have your OWN arm rest not shared with the person next to you and there is a bar. Perfect!!
Posted By: free_spirit Re: The Vue Birkenhead - 25th Aug 2011 7:06am
Originally Posted by Snickas
OMG haven't any of you used the gallery and Imax experience yet?
where have you been?!?!?!

Liverpool One. The Odeon

You have to book tickets online for the Gallery, which is for over 18+. Theres booths up there, a bar and you get VIP seating, which is like sitting on a large 2 seater sette's...oh and you can have as much nacho's, popcorn, drinks and costa coffee & tea as you want (its free in the gallery).

It is about £22-24 a ticket though...but by the time you've paid for VIP seats, popcorn, drinks and what have you...it only works about a couple of quid dearer which makes up for the seats.

as for the imax experience....wow...

wow that sounds a fab night out!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The Vue Birkenhead - 25th Aug 2011 7:18am
I don't go to the cinema much but if and when I do it's always gallery seating.

Mainly because you're out of the way of the kids and rustling of sweets etc. I think it was £16 for the last Harry Potter but for the extra £8 or whatever it is over a standard ticket you get to relax in a nice lounge, have toilets only a few metres away, unlimited soft drinks, nachos, popcorn etc which if you're that was inclined will cost well over the extra for the seats.

Still, to take the OH to the cinema costs best part of £40 - I'd rather download it illegally and watch it after a nice curry and a bottle of wine in Mak Syed! happy
Posted By: Snickas Re: The Vue Birkenhead - 25th Aug 2011 8:40am
I've been a few times now, its the only way I can get my asperger son (the 17yr old) in the cinema and he really doesn't like going out much (hes agoraphobic). But The Gallery is perfect for him, the booths give him his much needed space from other people and the seating in the cinema is perfect because he despises/hates the usual closeness of cinema seats.

Before then, it was heartbreaking having to leave him out of family trips to the cinemas for his own sanity and comfort, so we stopped doing them. Which is why we have alot of dvds [Linked Image]

And the Imax is the only cinema i don't have to use the special headphones for my hearing aids.
In the imax, you can feel the sounds! as mad as that sounds. 200 speakers in your direction, trust me, you feel it.
Its worth having the imax experience for amazing special effects films like Transformers - Dark of the moon (that left us blown away til the next day! [Linked Image] ) Thor was amazing on there too. You really do walk away feeling blown away with a really good high quality special effect film.
Posted By: Snickas Re: The Vue Birkenhead - 25th Aug 2011 8:47am
Originally Posted by Nobody
I don't go to the cinema much but if and when I do it's always gallery seating.

Mainly because you're out of the way of the kids and rustling of sweets etc. I think it was £16 for the last Harry Potter but for the extra £8 or whatever it is over a standard ticket you get to relax in a nice lounge, have toilets only a few metres away, unlimited soft drinks, nachos, popcorn etc which if you're that was inclined will cost well over the extra for the seats.

Still, to take the OH to the cinema costs best part of £40 - I'd rather download it illegally and watch it after a nice curry and a bottle of wine in Mak Syed! happy

It is expensive but for the quality & luxuries you're getting, i think makes up for it.
I kind of saw it as, a decent night out would cost more, my son is comfortable and is actually happy (which is never very often, trust me) and we love watching films anyway.

I just wish I could take my little boy to see Cars 2 [Linked Image]
Hes dying to see it.
Posted By: LippyBitch Re: The Vue Birkenhead - 25th Aug 2011 9:15am
We saw the latest Harry Potter in Imax and it was superb!! We couldn't go in the gallery as my son's too young. But it was a great experience nevertheless. I'd recommend Odean Liverpool One to anyone.
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: The Vue Birkenhead - 25th Aug 2011 9:50am
liverpool odeon's not that busy, only if you're going to see a film that's just come out. You can just get your tickets on the macine outside then get your sweets from the separate counter or nachos/popcorn etc at the end of the food counter, they don't do tickets on the end one, just food. So there really is no need to wait in massive queues!

As for people making noise, that doesn't even happen anymore, and I can tell you because I go like every fortnight tease
Oh and the imax is amazing! Harry potter there was great, you had to move across the screen to watch it tease
Posted By: LippyBitch Re: The Vue Birkenhead - 25th Aug 2011 10:21am
Originally Posted by GrandMasterFlash

Oh and the imax is amazing! Harry potter there was great, you had to move across the screen to watch it tease

Yeah you did! It was amazing, in fact would happily go and see it again!
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: The Vue Birkenhead - 25th Aug 2011 10:27am
Haha I saw it for the third time last night grin
Posted By: Snickas Re: The Vue Birkenhead - 25th Aug 2011 10:30am
it was amazing on the imax!
I sat in the middle of the cinema cos I knew i'd be struggling to take everything in at the sides! lol and it was totally breathtaking.
Posted By: LippyBitch Re: The Vue Birkenhead - 25th Aug 2011 10:38am
Haha I saw it for the third time last night grin

Really?? I'm jealous!! I've watched them all a few times because I always seem to miss something!
Posted By: Snickas Re: The Vue Birkenhead - 25th Aug 2011 10:48am
Oh i forgot to say Flash, I went and saw Captain America (last week) after you saying about SHIELD, it was brilliant! it wasn't at all what I expected to be.
Thanks for literally making me going to see it! lol

Did you see the photo released of the line up at the comic con for The Avengers? [Linked Image]

Link here for The Avengers line up
Posted By: A_L_K Re: The Vue Birkenhead - 25th Aug 2011 10:59am
I tend to pre-book tickets, so I wouldn't know. However I prefer the LiverpoolOne cinema with the gallery tickets, Love it!
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: The Vue Birkenhead - 25th Aug 2011 11:18am
Originally Posted by LippyBitch
Really?? I'm jealous!! I've watched them all a few times because I always seem to miss something!

Haha I know yeah tease I've watched them all a lot too, after we saw the last one I watched them all again, it's so funny watching them from the first one when they were all young and squeaky tease

Oh i forgot to say Flash, I went and saw Captain America (last week) after you saying about SHIELD, it was brilliant! it wasn't at all what I expected to be.
Thanks for literally making me going to see it! lol

Haha! You're welcome grin I might go see it myself, everyone's said it's good and I do like a good superhero film!

Did you see the photo released of the line up at the comic con for The Avengers? [Linked Image]

Link here for The Avengers line up

Oooo no I'll have a look now, thanks laugh
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: The Vue Birkenhead - 25th Aug 2011 11:18am
Ooh and I've not been to the gallery before, I'll have to try it one day! Unlimited nachos sounds amazing grin
Posted By: A_L_K Re: The Vue Birkenhead - 25th Aug 2011 11:29am
Ooh and I've not been to the gallery before, I'll have to try it one day! Unlimited nachos sounds amazing grin

It is! You come out 2 stone heavier though!
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: The Vue Birkenhead - 25th Aug 2011 11:41am
Originally Posted by lalaland
It is! You come out 2 stone heavier though!

haha! It'll be worth it tease
Posted By: Touchstone Re: The Vue Birkenhead - 25th Aug 2011 2:07pm
Originally Posted by Sallybear

The only cinema I have enjoyed in the last 10 years is the Fact in Liverpool. Went to see The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou and it was lovely in there, you have your OWN arm rest not shared with the person next to you and there is a bar. Perfect!!

FACT is the only cinema I go to these days. Never too busy, big comfy seats and is basically scally-free. Also it's only £6 for members tickets and £4 for pensioners weekday afternoons.

I still miss the Unit 4 in Wallasey. It's good that Wallasey is finally getting a cinema back for the first time in over a decade. Looking forward to the Light opening.
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: The Vue Birkenhead - 25th Aug 2011 2:27pm
I've not been to the FACT but big comfy seats sounds nice tease Might give it a try one day, put it on my list with the gallery seats, haha.
Posted By: starakita Re: The Vue Birkenhead - 28th Aug 2011 10:57am
after reading this thread we decided to go to the odeon in Liverpool 1 weve been before but we went in the gallery it was good usually got kids with us but we wanted to see the inbetweeners so we left them at home and made a night of it.
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: The Vue Birkenhead - 28th Aug 2011 8:37pm

Sally I love Fact and am a member.If I go elsewhere with friends I sit there wishing I was in Fact.

Also I enjoy the foreign films, and its cheap in the daytime. They also have special Autism showings and welcome disadvantaged groups and Mums with babies special mornings, childrens Saturday club etc. worth the journey
Posted By: Snickas Re: The Vue Birkenhead - 11th Sep 2011 12:25pm
Originally Posted by paxvobiscum

Sally I love Fact and am a member.If I go elsewhere with friends I sit there wishing I was in Fact.

Also I enjoy the foreign films, and its cheap in the daytime. They also have special Autism showings and welcome disadvantaged groups and Mums with babies special mornings, childrens Saturday club etc. worth the journey

I've only just seen this post, thank you so much for letting me know paxvobiscum. I've been wanting to take my little boy to the cinema for a long time now, but he'd be terrified at normal ones. So had been keeping an eye out for ASD friendly showings.
Will be keeping an eye out for a film he would enjoy thumbsup
Posted By: Rargh Re: The Vue Birkenhead - 19th Nov 2011 6:09pm
Originally Posted by Touchstone

FACT is the only cinema I go to these days. Never too busy, big comfy seats and is basically scally-free. Also it's only £6 for members tickets and £4 for pensioners weekday afternoons.

I still miss the Unit 4 in Wallasey. It's good that Wallasey is finally getting a cinema back for the first time in over a decade. Looking forward to the Light opening.

What? There's going to be a new cinema in Wallasey? I've heard nothing of this!

Love Fact and I've also been to the Crosby Plaza, which is great - proper timewarp. Old tickets and red velvet seats!
Posted By: Chorizo Re: The Vue Birkenhead - 19th Nov 2011 6:41pm
It's part of the new brighton development. Its called The Light and it's going to be a digital cinema.
Posted By: BlueLou Re: The Vue Birkenhead - 4th Jan 2012 5:12pm
It's a shame it won't be a Cineworld. They sell annual passes for around £15 a month so that can see unlimited films.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral