Forums
Posted By: Sallybear Sea Swimming / Wild Swimming - 4th Aug 2011 5:42pm
So called 'Wild' swimming has been publicised quite a bit lately with Robson Green and Alice Roberts both doing similar TV programs about it, I wondered how many of us here on the forum also loved a good outdoors dip at all??

Me and my other half regularly swim in the sea, but normally travel to other places to do this. Today we swam in the sea not far from Leasowe Lighthouse and it was incredible. From home to the sea in 10 mins fantastic. There was even someone else there for a swim. It was a big difference to a couple of weeks ago when we swam in the North Sea at Scarborough. We also do some river swimming but the sea has really been great lately. I have felt pretty crap since being made redundant, and for FREE (yay) we can get a lovely swim, the sea is quite warm at the moment and as long as you check with the lifeguards and swim where they can see you, you are pretty much free to do what you want.

I went to the swimming baths with my daughter the other day and it cost a fortune, and it was SO hot in the changing rooms it was really uncomfortable, and the pool was so warm it felt unnatural.

Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Sea Swimming / Wild Swimming - 4th Aug 2011 5:49pm
prestatyn back of pontins nice and clean beach and water. not been in mersey estuary for years. used to bomb of the sea wall lol
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Sea Swimming / Wild Swimming - 4th Aug 2011 6:56pm
We went kayaking just near to Eggy Ferry a while back and I was amazed how clean it was, I remember as a youngster how dirty it was, but it really has come a long way. The sea was great, a little bit of seaweed not nothing else.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral