Forums
Posted By: Gibbo Any lesiure kayakers online? - 26th May 2011 10:46am
Are there any leisure kayakers on here (ie not extreme whitewater)? I used to live in Warrington and used the canals and the Weaver in Cheshire.

I've been on the Dee near Chester and the Mersey at Egremont Ferry a couple of times but it would be nice to know if there's anyone else local and where they go.
Posted By: IanPenny Re: Any lesiure kayakers online? - 26th May 2011 1:56pm
would recommend you take a look at http://www.liverpoolcanoeclub.co.uk
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Any lesiure kayakers online? - 26th May 2011 2:03pm
I want to take up kayaking properly again. I go to Fell foot Park when up in the lakes but that's about it...
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Any lesiure kayakers online? - 26th May 2011 7:23pm
Myself and MissyG have done it a few times as my sister and her partner are really in to (He owns Apache Canoes and builds Canoes from scratch).

We have been with them a few times - generally on Llangollen Canal, but they are talking about taking us up to the Mersey in Manchester next time.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Any lesiure kayakers online? - 6th Jun 2011 10:38am
Cheers guys. Found a nice launching spot midway between Caldy and West Kirby yesterday. Was able to park close to the beach so it was no effort to lug the kayak very far.
Posted By: pickle1984 Re: Any lesiure kayakers online? - 14th Dec 2011 9:36am
I would love to go kayaking again, went once in aberdovey(sp?) years ago
Posted By: FiremanFil Re: Any lesiure kayakers online? - 14th Dec 2011 3:44pm
I was in a canoe once on the sea. I caught a fish and decided to cook it on an old primus stove. Unfortunately, the gentle lapping of the waves caused me to fall asleep. I must've knocked the primus stove over cos the canoe caught fire and sank. I almost drowned.
This proves the old adage that....YOU CAN'T HAVE YOUR KAYAK AND HEAT IT!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral