Forums
Posted By: dva99999 Vindaloo in prenton - 25th Mar 2011 12:11am
Just had a meal from Vindaloo in Prenton, opposite Sainsbury's. My University lecturer recommended it. Most impressed, I didn't think Indian restaurants were this pleasant and friendly and my only comparison was Chutney Mary's and Cafe Namaste in London, however the food....wow. I had what I think was a (home cooked?) butter chicken with chillies, mushroom pilau, and naan baked using a special oil... absolutely gorgeous. I saw my doctor in there as well which was odd as I thought they would be against spicy foods but what do I know?? Now I've got my taste back, if anyone knows of any other good indian restaurants on the wirral let me know. Just thought I would share this with you.
D
Posted By: MikeT Re: Vindaloo in prenton - 25th Mar 2011 5:59am
Magic Spices in Seabank Road, New Brighton is very good. Been going there for years and years (and when a restaurant's been open that long, you know they are doing something right.)

10 quid a head all-you-can-eat buffet on Mon, Tue, Wed. You don't have to have the buffet and can order off the menu if you want, but it's worth it to sample a small portion of each of the varieties of food on offer.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Vindaloo in prenton - 25th Mar 2011 6:50am
Magic Spices is nice, but make sure you pay cash!

Mak Syed in Wallasey Village is very good, as is Tandoori Mahal on King Street.
Posted By: cathie Re: Vindaloo in prenton - 25th Mar 2011 8:16am
Bollywood on Grange Road is stunning...you can take your own alcohol, if you order a take out to pick up you get 10% off and free popadoms...gorgeous
Posted By: LukeORourke Re: Vindaloo in prenton - 25th Mar 2011 9:04am
Khans on church road in tranmere (if its still there after all i haven't been back in 6yrs!!!!)
Posted By: Nienna Re: Vindaloo in prenton - 25th Mar 2011 9:26am
Zinga .. 137 Saughall massey road Upton.

Brilliant food.. and lovely friendly family who own it!
Quite reasonable prices too!
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Vindaloo in prenton - 25th Mar 2011 9:35am
Vindaloo is excellent food but with very poor service.

Been many times and reguarly wait for an hour for food.
Posted By: jemarc Re: Vindaloo in prenton - 25th Mar 2011 10:14am
chutneys in liscard, and also had a take out from the himilaya oxton road last week that was yummy x
Posted By: Tracy Re: Vindaloo in prenton - 25th Mar 2011 10:21am
Rhui In Woodchurch lane, Prenton is fab, Eat in with your own ale or take-away, staff very helpful an they don't rush you, kids also welcome.x
Posted By: delta6 Re: Vindaloo in prenton - 25th Mar 2011 10:22am
Originally Posted by Nienna

agreed.
take your own beers too.
Posted By: chris58 Re: Vindaloo in prenton - 25th Mar 2011 7:04pm
Always fancied trying the Vindaloo on Woodchurch Road will definitely give it a go. The Zeera Tandoori in Irby is my favourite and the Rhui in Woodchurch Lane is also really good. If you want a nice Indian Take Away the Saffron on Borough Road in Prenton have never let me down yet.
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Vindaloo in prenton - 25th Mar 2011 7:12pm
we've tried magic spices and chutneys in liscard and they were both BLOODY AWFUL!! poor quality meat and lacking in flavour.

if anyone wants to try propper indian try bhaji in wallasey village. they only do takeaway though.
Posted By: Andy13 Re: Vindaloo in prenton - 26th Mar 2011 1:54am
khans church road tranmere (as mentioned above) v big meals really nice and fresh food 645 1034
Posted By: Andy13 Re: Vindaloo in prenton - 26th Mar 2011 1:55am
Originally Posted by mrhanky
we've tried magic spices and chutneys in liscard and they were both BLOODY AWFUL!! poor quality meat and lacking in flavour.

if anyone wants to try propper indian try bhaji in wallasey village. they only do takeaway though.
agree!
Posted By: Andy13 Re: Vindaloo in prenton - 26th Mar 2011 1:56am
Originally Posted by AX_125
Vindaloo is excellent food but with very poor service.

Been many times and reguarly wait for an hour for food.
lots of spice but very bland with flavour
Posted By: Andy13 Re: Vindaloo in prenton - 26th Mar 2011 1:57am
Originally Posted by LukeORourke
Khans on church road in tranmere (if its still there after all i haven't been back in 6yrs!!!!)
still there fully refurbed and tastier than ever!
Posted By: Stegga Re: Vindaloo in prenton - 26th Mar 2011 8:48am
Originally Posted by delta6

agreed.
take your own beers too.

Went to Zinga last night on this recommendation, nice little place, very friendly and lovely food too.
Posted By: Nienna Re: Vindaloo in prenton - 26th Mar 2011 9:28am
Glad you enjoyed it.. we went there too..we were there from about 6.30 to 7.45 pm.
We have visited so many Indian restaurants in our time and this one is one of the best! They used to be in Heswall but when they opened up in Upton we continued to go to the new place..a lot of their Heswall regulars do the same.... a good recommendation dont you think!
The service is always good, they are a very welcoming and lovely family.. and nothing seems too much trouble for them!
Posted By: nicky Re: Vindaloo in prenton - 26th Mar 2011 5:06pm
I've worked at Vindaloo, the service was good there, they must have different staff now. Used to work at Spice Club in Moreton aswell, the food there was lovely. I would definitely recommend Spice Club!
Posted By: TheDr Re: Vindaloo in prenton - 26th Mar 2011 10:41pm
Have to agree, food, and service, at Spice Club is excellent.
Posted By: Wiggi77 Re: Vindaloo in prenton - 27th Mar 2011 7:03am
Had a chutneys (liscard) last night. Well nice but paying for it this morning!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Vindaloo in prenton - 27th Mar 2011 7:42am
haha - loo roll in the freezer the night before and all that?

Have tried Chutney's in the past, never stuck out as one of the amazing ones but was nice.

Will have to try those listed here that I haven't tried.
Posted By: Wiggi77 Re: Vindaloo in prenton - 27th Mar 2011 8:02am
Yeah Alex, arse like a Japanese flag!
Posted By: Stegga Re: Vindaloo in prenton - 27th Mar 2011 9:04am
Glad you enjoyed it.. we went there too..we were there from about 6.30 to 7.45 pm.
We have visited so many Indian restaurants in our time and this one is one of the best! They used to be in Heswall but when they opened up in Upton we continued to go to the new place..a lot of their Heswall regulars do the same.... a good recommendation dont you think!
The service is always good, they are a very welcoming and lovely family.. and nothing seems too much trouble for them!

We got there about 7.15pm so we were there at the same time. I was surprised to see how busy it was so early on in the evening. The "bring your own drinks" is always a winner with people. Also, they're not trying to shove you out the door to free up your table as soon as you've finished eating.
Posted By: OldPostcards Re: Vindaloo in prenton - 29th Jun 2011 10:08am
Magic Spices used to be great, but not been for years so I couldn't say. One restaurant not mentioned though is Heswall Tandoori - great food, good service, friendly staff. Also try the Dine India in Pensby Road.

Old Postcards
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Vindaloo in prenton - 29th Jun 2011 2:30pm
Best Indian restaurant round here, well Ellesmere Port, has to be Saffron for me. Great food, very clean and friendly service and the food is to die for. (OK so that's a bit extreme, but still)

It's in the building the Viscount pub used to be, along Whitby Road. Google them for the website.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral