Forums
Posted By: hoseman UNDERFLOOR HEATING - 6th Sep 2010 8:07pm
HI
anyone know the ins n outs of fitting electric underfloor heating to a conservatory?
Have a concrete slab and intend to tile over. I have seen the kits, normally a woven mat system with electric element incorporated.Any info greatly appreciated.
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: UNDERFLOOR HEATING - 6th Sep 2010 8:28pm
I have it but not a diy man! www.floorheating.com
Posted By: hoseman Re: UNDERFLOOR HEATING - 6th Sep 2010 8:49pm
Thanks Stephen, just been on their site, i have good DIY knowledge, but just something i have never done. I will use a qualified sparks for final commection....SANCHEZ, your it!!!!
Just after product availability, ease of fitting, any hints n tips, suppliers etc.
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: UNDERFLOOR HEATING - 6th Sep 2010 9:21pm
My dad did mine was the heat pad then a layer of film then the laminate flooring.
Posted By: bert1 Re: UNDERFLOOR HEATING - 6th Sep 2010 9:31pm
I haven't got underfloor heating unless i count the loads of central heating pipes under the bathroom floor which work a treat. If i was going to get it i would lean towards a plastic pipe system, though i understand more work involved to do than the electric blanket system. I have always thought that the pipe system is unlikely to leak once tested and unless punctured by a screw or similar, i can't see much going wrong. I have heard on a number of occasions of electric blanket systems breaking down, which would mean like anything under the floor, having to rip the floor up to repair.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: UNDERFLOOR HEATING - 6th Sep 2010 9:43pm
I fitted 2 last week. Lay it on a solid floor, tile the floor.....job done!
Posted By: hoseman Re: UNDERFLOOR HEATING - 7th Sep 2010 7:07am
Well you will be wiring the thing up for me mate, watch this space!!!
Did you use the base insulation underneath first?
Want to do it right first time, its going in a conservatory, about 5 square metres. Got 13 amp supply in there, was thinking touch screen thermostat and isolation switch inline.
Tiled ontop, so flexi tile adhesive.
Thanks matey
Posted By: Sanchez Re: UNDERFLOOR HEATING - 7th Sep 2010 7:16am
I would put it on insulation board if your putting it in a conservatory, but yer just flexi tile adhesive is what th tiler used.

If you need any help fitting it giz a ring wink
Posted By: hoseman Re: UNDERFLOOR HEATING - 7th Sep 2010 1:43pm
Thanks Andy, be in touch bud
© Wirral-Wikiwirral