Forums
Posted By: Davey_Martin Sky diving for charity - 27th Apr 2010 11:49am
I'm enquiring at the minute about doing a sky dive for charity, torn between clatterbridge cancer research and the rainbow trust for children.

I've looked on a couple of websites that offer a 'FREE charity sky dive' but when going through the booking process, there is often a fee upfront around £70-100 then an additional amount to be paid on the day of around £300-500. Is this deducted from the amount I raise for charity? Surely not, but i can't see how else it could be 'FREE'!

It really is something I'd love to do, and although it would look great on my CV, it would also be a chance to actually give something to a needy cause that do so much for other less fortunate people!

PS: Would you sponsor me? cool
Posted By: Nigel Re: Sky diving for charity - 27th Apr 2010 1:22pm
I dont think this is "FREE" or everyone would be doing it?
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Sky diving for charity - 27th Apr 2010 2:05pm
When I've done stuff for Marie Curie they've wanted a deposit of around £10 when ! booked then I had to raise at least £100 (or whatever amount) in sponsorship in order to take part. It was only the £10 that I had to pay up front the rest was payable on the day or through a donation website.

The very best of luck for whichever way you go.

I have to say, having watched that programme the other week about the London Marathon and the runner's nominated charity only getting around £1 out of every £6 that he raised (the other £5 disappeared into LM's pocket and they weren't too keen on accounting for it!) I would not go through any third party try and go direct though your nominated charity.
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Sky diving for charity - 28th Apr 2010 8:45pm
Originally Posted by Nigel
I dont think this is "FREE" or everyone would be doing it?

that's wot i thought!

how do u mean softy? get intouch with the charity i want to raise money for and they will help fund my jump then i repay them back wot they paid for me to jump plus the proceeds? - obviously, id have to make sure i more than covered the cost of the jump or id be in a position of having to pay money back to the charity to reimburse them - or am i totally barking up the wrong tree?
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Sky diving for charity - 29th Apr 2010 8:58am
http://www.skydivenorthwest.co.uk/charity_fundraising.cfm

Check these guys out - keep us posted!

© Wirral-Wikiwirral