Forums
Posted By: bobi1 Render Repair Treatments - 5th Mar 2010 11:40pm
Does anyone know how much it would cost to get a company to re-render the exterior of a 1930s semi with a gable end. I want the stuff supposedly thicker than 25 coats of paint eg thermastex. Haven't got a clue of how much it would cost. If anyone could give me a ball park figure I'd be grateful.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Render Repair Treatments - 5th Mar 2010 11:49pm
Very postcode dependent mate, I got quoted just over £3000 for one of the workers to do it "on the quiet" for all of a large semi, Band E council tax.

Did it myself in the end - wouldn't do it again though.

What you have to watch out for is that some companies will insist on repairing the rendering first and this adds to the price. The price above was excluding repairs.
Posted By: bobi1 Re: Render Repair Treatments - 5th Mar 2010 11:55pm
I looked into that thermastex company online and they do insist on repairing everything before putting the spray coat on. Got the feeling that would cost an arm and a leg. £3k was more what I had in mind but even that is out of our comfort zone. frown
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Render Repair Treatments - 6th Mar 2010 12:02am
I cheated, didn't bother patching - put on a good layer of seal (which is just like shellac varnish) to bind the dusty rendering, then sprayed on a few coats of Sandtex Masonry paint, really impressed with that paint - very dear but sometimes amazing deals available. If rendering is relatively smooth you can roller or brush it on (with special masonry brushes/rollers).

I found putting two thick coats on was better than four thinnish coats.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral