Forums
Posted By: ponytail Wild camping - 29th Jan 2009 1:16pm
No, I'm not mad, I'm looking at places to wild camp for Easter.
Besides half way up Snowdonia, does anyone know places to wild camp or has anyone been wild camping in Cheshire/Wales? Before anyone replies, wild camping is staying in tents, NOT hanging around gay bars for entertainment. This would be under another section in the forums. Any ideas?
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Wild camping - 29th Jan 2009 1:34pm
Do you mean sites that have barely any facilities?
We stayed at a great place down along the side of the Mawddach Estuary - on the way to Barmouth. Little place called Bont Ddu. The site is dead near the edge of the shore so you can hear the water come in and go out at night. There's sheep walking wild around the site too. And the farmer sells big bags of firewood and let's you make fires outside your tent. It was fairly cheap per night too.

Map

Zoom out one level, its the little blue tent.

The farmers name was Bryn Lloyd but its probably his son running it now. I found the number: 01341 430644.
Posted By: ponytail Re: Wild camping - 29th Jan 2009 3:57pm
Not at any campsites - out in the wild. Like halfway up mountains. When you do walks and it is too late to book into campsites, you just camp somewhere. Somewhere that it is legal and safe. Bit like roughing it. The site at Tyddyn Du looks wonderful, right at the waters edge. I had a look on Googlemaps. We may stay at this during our holidays. thanks.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral