Forums
Posted By: MattLFC o2 Providing Community Grants - 3rd Nov 2007 7:54pm
I didnt really know what section to put this in, there were a few possibilities, but decided upon the charity and volunteer section as the most appropriate.

For anybody involved in volunteer projects that benefit their local community, o2 (the mobile network) are supporting such projects with small grants of upto £1,000 to assist with the development/running of such projects.

The scheme is run in partnership with the Conservation Foundation, with o2 providing the funding and the Conservation Foundation managing the scheme itself.

They have already supported 280 different projects around the country, and the scheme is ongoing, so if you are involved in a project that is beneficial to your local community, you may qualifiy for funding under the scheme.

The details can be found at www.itsyourcommunity.co.uk.

It may be of some interest to some people who browse these boards, only noticed it when I was checking me bill online, so thought id post it.

smile
Posted By: Mark Re: o2 Providing Community Grants - 3rd Nov 2007 8:04pm
Thanks for sharing wink
Posted By: MattLFC Re: o2 Providing Community Grants - 3rd Nov 2007 8:07pm
No problem, surprisingly, even though I visit the o2 website at least once a day, more most days, I had never even heard of this scheme lol.

According to the interactive map, it suggests its helped on project out towards Ellesmere Port way, but nothing else on the Wirral, although plenty in Liverpool and surrounding area's.

smile
Posted By: lainy Re: o2 Providing Community Grants - 28th Jun 2008 7:56pm
Hi just applied for our group www.totallytalented.co.uk
will let you know if we hear anything. Thanks

© Wirral-Wikiwirral