Forums
Posted By: MGCraig Hooton Park Karting.... - 12th Aug 2007 7:26pm
[youtube]I8SzPb9x9w4[/youtube]

New Kart Track Ive been Told about many a time...visited it a few times also.....Should be open for Arrive and Drive from this week...Twin Engined ProKarts...Nice...
Posted By: fordsteve Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 12th Aug 2007 7:28pm
that looks like a right laugh were about is that mate
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 12th Aug 2007 7:40pm
looks well quick

would love a go of that!
Posted By: Waddi Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 12th Aug 2007 7:42pm
where where where where where???????????????????????
Posted By: fordsteve Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 12th Aug 2007 7:43pm
hey i asked first raftl
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 12th Aug 2007 7:46pm
looks a little like Vauxhalls in the background
Posted By: Mark Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 12th Aug 2007 7:49pm
you can see the refinery tanks in the background.
Posted By: fordsteve Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 12th Aug 2007 7:52pm
i just tried to find it on google all i coul find was pics of track no map
Posted By: Waddi Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 12th Aug 2007 7:54pm
I found this:

http://www.hootonparktrust.co.uk/location.htm
Posted By: fordsteve Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 12th Aug 2007 7:55pm
yer right next to vauxhalls
Posted By: Waddi Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 12th Aug 2007 7:57pm
BINGO
Posted By: fordsteve Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 12th Aug 2007 7:58pm
good find mate thumbsup
Posted By: Waddi Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 12th Aug 2007 7:59pm
just call me the internet ferret.
Posted By: spinking Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 12th Aug 2007 7:59pm
When we used to have the meets up at hooton instead of going right round the roundabout take the 1st exit and its just down the bottom of the hill.

(for those who have been there its by one of my fav roundabouts :r:)

I asked the fella a couple of months back about using the course for drifting got a very strong NO
Posted By: fordsteve Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 12th Aug 2007 8:00pm
Originally Posted by Waddi
just call me the internet ferret.

lmao yo sure waddi sounds better raftl
Posted By: Waddi Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 12th Aug 2007 8:02pm
OK, Waddi it is then.
I Will have to go for a drive and see 1 day.
Posted By: fordsteve Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 12th Aug 2007 8:04pm
yer might take the long way home my self from work tom and have a look
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 12th Aug 2007 11:53pm
well yea....got back online and uve found it...the entrance is weird...where ya turn off the road to th left..its an immediate right turn..onto gravel..just follow that down..the tracks been up for a number of months now..and theres been loads of MSA kart races nd things..lot of testin as well...i doubt th karts ya go on will be as quick as th ones in th vid tho....but well see....ive spoken to the owner a few times as well..he recommends gettin a group together to do a mini Grand prix...if anyones interested??
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 12th Aug 2007 11:56pm
oh and Tupac....wudnt have thort th track wudda been wide enough for ya to drift round..plus with it bein brand new..not surprised he was a bit negative
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 13th Aug 2007 7:39am
Originally Posted by ckb180
...ive spoken to the owner a few times as well..he recommends gettin a group together to do a mini Grand prix...if anyones interested??

Id be up for that as long as the Karts had a bit of pace about them smile
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 13th Aug 2007 12:41pm
they shud have..theyll be quicker than the crap things they have at like Deeside etc...Twin Engined ProKarts..brand new..so should be pretty rapid.....im sure theyll be restricted to some extent tho...but well have to see....im gonna pop on down again tomorrow..see if theyre ready yet..and if so give it a blast
Posted By: Waddi Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 14th Aug 2007 8:39am
Will they be as fast as the ones they had in new brighton, lol.

I did a drive-by yesterday, looks a good circuit.
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 14th Aug 2007 11:26am
Th Ones at New Brighton....i thort they were ridiculoulsly slow...the track werent the best either.....but anyways....im hopin its still open and the suits have arrived nd stuff...cos its been rainin...bit touch and go...well see
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 14th Aug 2007 2:08pm
if they are only as quick as the ones in new brighton i dont think i'll be bothering with them, goto teeside karting, nice twin engined karts there. very rapid
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 14th Aug 2007 2:24pm
Id hope they would be on par with the ones at 3 sisters wink
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 14th Aug 2007 3:07pm
have not been there, was meant to go a few yrs ago. wot speeds do their ones do?

edit: nvm, just checked their site out n think they must use same karts or v similar.
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 14th Aug 2007 5:24pm
Ive just come back from there...bad news...some fellas tried robbin the karts last night..used an angle grinder on the containers..good news is they cudnt get in..bad news is theyre stuck in their.....Theyre just waitin for a new container....so they said it shud be up and runnin this friday....Which is bad for me cos were racin friday - saturday (Hint Hint..look at "Up and Coming Events" Forum)

Good thing tho..the fella said hes lookin forward to seein us go round..cos ive kept goin back time and time again...heres hopin
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 14th Aug 2007 5:25pm
BTW....Three Sisters are gettin old and battered...gettin slow with age..these are brand spanking new...so thesell be rapid..i was told theyll get about 65 by the end of the main straight
Posted By: jonah Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 14th Aug 2007 6:17pm
i go t kanab terminal at the back of this go cart travk in eastham, so see those karts on the track, believe me, they shift !!
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 14th Aug 2007 6:21pm
Jonah...the ones yall have seen will be the Private MSA ones that peeps will take to test....basically tho..there r 2 kinds of karts there..Juniors and adults...the Juniors go faster than the ones at th likes of deeside and three Sisters anyway...so the adults will be very interestin
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 15th Aug 2007 9:07am
3 Sisters is a much more open track though, the Hooton track is very tight and twisty. IIRC you can get to about 60 at 3 Sisters, so if you can get more than that on the smaller track it'll be very impressive as 60mph in a go kart feels like 150mph in a car cool

It is a shame though how the place has been broken in to already frown

Typical jealous ..., they want something they cant afford, so feel they can just take it - annoys me!
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 15th Aug 2007 11:38am
The owner was explaining..that youll get to about 65 dependin on how you take the last corner. If you can keep the power down, and not lose traction...keeping the revs high..then 60-65 should be easy...im sure a few practice attempts will mean thatll be achieavable..the small chicane before the last corner might throw some people off guard....

Also..the thieves may have possibly been "Travellers"....they had a white Transit van with a ladder (how many white Transit vans are there in the uk????)
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 15th Aug 2007 12:22pm
I hate fooking pikeys!
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 15th Aug 2007 12:29pm
hahahah..who doesnt?
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 15th Aug 2007 6:54pm
was quality when i went to teeside, had been pissin down a few hrs before we got there so probs got 60mph max out of them... still mental... also with twin engines the power is instant... breakneck infact haha

bout 3/4 down the main straight half of the width of it was flooded so got interestin when two karts tried gettin side by side hehe.. huge track...

if the junior karts are faster than deesides (which arent too bad) then i will be into checkin it out. down the wirral at the end of sept so might check it out!

as for the recluses that tried to break in, pure gay!
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 16th Aug 2007 10:34pm
Were testin tomorrow before th actual racin on saturday...but thats only in the afternoon...im gonna go to the Kartin real early....hopefully to get on the track for the first time..even if its just for one session...im too excited...please..everyone cross their fingers its open and ready...ive been waitin for over a month
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 16th Aug 2007 10:41pm
good shit, hope it lives up to ur expectations

ps: wot engine is in ur micra?
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 16th Aug 2007 10:49pm
oh ya dont wanna know........( frown sorry cry boohoo idiot snob seeyu shh) and anything else negative
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 16th Aug 2007 11:05pm
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 16th Aug 2007 11:20pm
i take it it's just a temp arrangement to bring insurance down on nxt motor? lol
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 16th Aug 2007 11:24pm
It dont sound it from the specs, but its actually a nice motor, good shade of blue, nice alloys the last time I saw it.

Its almost cute lol, but i will refrain from saying so in the worry of sounding gay lol.

Never used to like the bubble shape Micra's, but I dont mind em nowadays, i think thats more to do with the new one being so damn ugly.

Having said that, I bet its cost effective all round, cheap to insure, run and tax and best of all, its gonna have a low carbon footprint lol.

smile
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 16th Aug 2007 11:24pm
well....its my first car....got it free off my nan who didnt want to drive anymore....its only just recently actually gone under my name and ive now finally got my own insurance...so some NCB soon hopefully....but i have been lookin at new cars tbh...ive been lookin at an Alfa 147 (unlikely)....a Grande Punto 1.2 (unlikely)...or possibly a new R6 (most likely)...

I do want to keep the micra tho and take it rallyin eventually....couldnt fault the car tho at all...people may laugh at it...but they beat bigger engined corsas and clios hands downbrilliant car and id recommend em to anyone learnin to drive
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 16th Aug 2007 11:27pm
hahaha..yea...was doin my carbon footprint then...but got bored and sacked it off.....id never have said cute but i see where ya comin from..oh..and another thing...the "bubble term"...its funny that..cos i always thort they were quite similar in style to the original corsa?? Micras always had the more mumsy image tho
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 16th Aug 2007 11:30pm
Well with you being a student atm and the main course being wasting as much money as possible in the pubs and clubs getting hammered, i bet the cost effectiveness of it comes in rather handy hehe.

Yeah they do have a bit of a mumsy/old wamn image, but its still better then the common chav image that Corsa's and the like have.

I think the technical term for the bubble shape ones is the Mk2, the square ones were the Mk1 i think. The new one is like a toad on wheels, eek!

smile
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 16th Aug 2007 11:32pm
well if ya really wanted to get technical....the square ones are referred to as the K10...mine is the K11 (up to 2000) and the hideously ugly, why did they ever make them, thankgod theyre stopping makin them soon ones are the K12....theres a page somewhere dedicated to the hostory of the micra...i would put it up somewhere..but only if people were interested.....its more of a joke in all honesty
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 16th Aug 2007 11:35pm
Lmao... maybe the new one should have been called a K9 the ugly dog of a car raftl
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 16th Aug 2007 11:39pm
well sweet irony that monkey shot me in the ass would have it...the K12 micra does look like a frog/Toad...and funnily enought...Nissan are now part of renault...basically....if you want aNisan that will not falter and live forever if looked after...get any nissan up to 1999....after that avoid at all costs...french parts are used...and things go wrong....
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 16th Aug 2007 11:48pm
Ahem... they are not owned by Renault, they have a strategical alliance with them though, allowing them to develop solutions and formats together for cheaper and target different markets.

Hence why the new Micra is almost the same as the new Clio in everything but asthetics hehe.

Although each company owns shares in each other as a result of the alliance, and of course the Renault shares in Nissan are greater then that of the Nissan shares in Renault due to Renault being worth a lot more then Nissan lol.

Without the alliance, Nissan would have gone bust.

smile
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 16th Aug 2007 11:50pm
well i didnt know it in that much detail....cheers...but yeah....ya get the idea........but gettin back on topic....These karts shouldnt be a mixmash of stuff..and its already late...so im gonna bail...if theyre open...i may come online and give a review of em tomorrow......G'Night
Posted By: Mark Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 17th Aug 2007 6:06am
Anyone got any prices ? (Karting not Miracs's lol)
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 18th Aug 2007 10:10pm
Nope....Monday is definately open apaprently...they have a group of 10 people booked the place...so if you go early..there will be 10 karts to choose from ready to go out....disappointed tho..ended up goin to deeside...
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 20th Aug 2007 9:31pm
Back People....Me and Mark (my mate) spent the entire day there...just chattin to the folks and things...got on em and i have to say one thing...

OMFG!!!!!

Ive never had so much fun....the speed is brilliant...the track brilliant.....ya cant go on just the once though....in a bit of a happy mood tho...cos some lads came up to us after and asked if we were professional karters yipee

So yea...well worth it..as for prices....

£15 for a 10 minute session...seems a bit steep...but trust me...youll go on again and again and so on...

please go and show your support when ya can...they truly deserve any custom they get..theyre ridiculously friendly...and the experience is just awesome.....DO IT !!!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 20th Aug 2007 9:36pm
£15.00 for a 10 minute session omg

Regardless of how much fun you have lol, thats a hell of a lot of money. Ye can hire a jet ski for less then that if you work it out over an hour and have loads of fun also. Could even push for a couple of hours in a power glider for less then it would cost for a couple of hours in a cart at them prices.

Glad you had a great time, but someones making a small fortune at that pricing lol.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 20th Aug 2007 9:37pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Regardless of how much fun you have lol, thats a hell of a lot of money.

yes

sounds brill though.

how many 10 mins did you have?
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 20th Aug 2007 9:39pm
the only problem is...comparing the prices to that of Deeside....deeside during the week is 20 pound for 2 15 minute sessions...at the weekend it rises to 26.....Now this Hooton Track concentrates more on the actual racing side of things...cos every weekend they have proper MSA racin akrts...Deeside cant vouch for that....once theyve got their feet on the ground..im sure the prices will come down
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 20th Aug 2007 9:40pm
well we only had enough for 2 sessions...but we drove to eastham village to get more money out for another sesh....and were also goin back tomorrow hahahaha
Posted By: Mark Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 21st Aug 2007 11:04am
Do they take credit cards or cash only ?

Does it cost to come and watch?
Curious ???
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 21st Aug 2007 11:05am
I can't see them charging to watch... it would be like, you go and watch and want a go yaself lol! So ye end up paying £15.00 for 10 minutes lol.

Wonder if they charge for the racing events though, id assume so??

smile
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 21st Aug 2007 10:27pm
so far...spectatin is free....i think its free to watch proper racin on a weekend as well.....i dont know if they have the ability to take credit cards just yet.....so cash is the best thing id say...

Went again today...absolutely loved it again.....i think the owners are either gonna start hatin us or lovin us
Posted By: Mark Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 21st Aug 2007 10:28pm
discount springs to mind lol wink
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 21st Aug 2007 10:33pm
hey...i certainly hope so...i started gettin discount at deeside just for goin 3 times in a row.....so ya never know
Posted By: Mark Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 21st Aug 2007 10:39pm
tell him to start a bring a friend scheme where you get your go for free but dont tell him were all wanting to have a go lol
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 21st Aug 2007 10:42pm
ahh..so multiple friends....well basically...i took my little bro today..who seemed a bit scared at first...he got off at the first session with a gigantic smile on his face...need i say more??
Posted By: Mark Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 21st Aug 2007 10:43pm
You've sold it too me now just have to find the time wink
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Hooton Park Karting.... - 21st Aug 2007 10:48pm
well as long as it aint at the weeknd..as i say theres lots of racin takes place at the weekend..so they wouldnt be able to fit in the Arrive and drive sessions....by the way..mark..have you been on Holiday??
© Wirral-Wikiwirral