Forums
Like something out of sci-fi these robot docs are hard at work.
http://www.onlinerobotics.com/The-Robot-Doctor-Will-See-You-Now.html

shocked All very well until the electricity goes off. Crisis!....an eye in one palm and a claw up an orifice!
They are probably better than many a GP.

I recall a long time ago, a very simple program that diagnosed medical problems. Basically, it started off with the assumption that you had a cold - the most common disease. This disease had a number of questions associated with it such a "Do you have a temperature?" If the answer was yes, then the probability that it was flu would be raised, and you would be asked a 'flu related question' such as "Do your joints ache?" If yes, the probability of flu would go even higher and so on.

Basically a very simple program - it would run happily on a 'Commodore Pet' - it was amazingly effective. It was way more accurate than human doctor, and furthermore, (the final insult1!) patients preferred using it to human GPs!

The BMA banned it!

I expect we shall see robot barbers before we see robot doctors. Haircutting is far simpler than any medical robot, and they will become accepted before robot brain surgery becomes common. Hopefully they will not, in my case, assume I want to talk about football! The game and everything about it bores me rigid!
Originally Posted by Excoriator
Hopefully they will not, in my case, assume I want to talk about football! The game and everything about it bores me rigid!

I hope you never score an own goal when you pitch one of your passing thoughts, but I can't penalise you because you are always on the ball wink
Originally Posted by granny

shocked claw up an orifice!

That's kind of hot.. grin lol
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Its already here!

I had surgery in May last year to remove part of my kidney.

The consultant explained at a meeting that a robot would do the surgery as it was faster than a human hand and would minimise bleeding.

Thankfully the procedure went fine.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral