Forums
Posted By: martinharris Mobile phone coverage in Wallasey / Wirral? - 10th Oct 2016 10:01am
Just about to move to Wallasey but also need a new mobile phone contract. I wondered - on the basis of coverage alone - if there are any networks to avoid. I know that most companies have their problems and that there is always someone who has a nightmare story about a particular company, but has anyone noticed that coverage is much worse on the Wirral with one company over another? I'm talking about the big 4 basically - O2 / Three / Vodaphone / EE.

I'm aware of the coverage maps available online too - but wanted to hear from real people on the ground!

Thanks.
I have used O2, Tesco mobile (effectively O2 as well), and Three in Wallasey without any coverage issues. No experience of the others you mention - hope that helps
Posted By: j_demo Re: Mobile phone coverage in Wallasey / Wirral? - 10th Oct 2016 11:51am
I'm on EE and have had zero problems with 4g coverage in CH45 wallasey. To be honest, i've had great signal all over merseyside but moving into Cheshire is when signal issues are evident. Chester and surrounding areas have terrible signal.
Between the two of you you've covered most networks! - In fact I'm not that bothered about Vodaphone anyway. Looks like none of them will be a huge problem though so I can just look for the best deal. Thanks.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Mobile phone coverage in Wallasey / Wirral? - 14th Oct 2016 9:07am
Never had a problem with Orange / EE across Wirral.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral