Forums
Posted By: locomotive recording from SKY - 6th Apr 2016 5:32pm
Is it possible to record to dvd from a sky HD box, I have a few programs in memory that I'd like to burn to DVD.
Posted By: Salmon Re: recording from SKY - 6th Apr 2016 5:42pm
Yes, a bit complicated and long winded as you have to let the programme run .This worked for me.
1) Ensure that the scart between SkyHD and DVDR is a fully wired 21 pin type and is connected to the VCR scart socket on the Sky box and the AV2 scart socket on the DVDR (AV2 is the lower one)

2) On the TV select the HDMI input which the DVDR is connected to (HDMI2 in your case) so that what you are watching is the output from the DVDR. Press "Input Select" on the DVDR remote to select AV2 (The sky box). You should now see whatever channel your Sky box is tuned to but this signal is coming through the DVDR first.

3) Press "Rec Mode" on the DVDR remote to select the recording mode assuming that the disk is all set up at this point.

4) On the Sky box choose the programs you want to record and set them going using the copy function

5) on the DVDR, press "rec" which should start the recording

6) You should now be able to watch something else on the TV's freeview tuner but obviously don't touch the DVDR or the Sky box whilst the recording is in progress. Recording is in real time - A one hour program will take one hour to record.

BTW - You probably know this but Scart is not capable of transmitting HD pictures so the DVDR will only record what it gets which will be a Standard Definition picture no matter what the upscaling setting is set to. To record HD pictures you will need a blueray recorder with an HDMI input -
Posted By: locomotive Re: recording from SKY - 6th Apr 2016 7:27pm
Thanks for the info, very grateful, I'll give it a try.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral