Forums
Posted By: dizdazdoz DRM . . . on or good thing ? HELP !!! - 29th Dec 2015 1:21pm
Ok wife got a new mp3 player for Xmas + several CD's which we have ripped to laptop running Windows 10, altogether we were trying to put 107 songs on the MP3 player.

Firstly I realized that the trouble was that Win 10 installs them as WMA rather than MP3 so I converted them and roughly half worked fine and work fine on MP3 player.

However the other half are protected by DRM (Digital rights management) meaning the files can't be converted to MP3. So even though we have bought the music legit we cant play it on a device of our choice.

I understand to a point that artists & companies need protection but when does protection become too much ?

Imagine if you bought a DVD but couldn't play it on your DVD player but only laptop even though you have bought a legit copy. Irritating to say the least.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: DRM . . . on or good thing ? HELP !!! - 29th Dec 2015 1:54pm
EAC

Or burn the WMA file back to a new CD and rip that wink
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: DRM . . . on or good thing ? HELP !!! - 29th Dec 2015 3:48pm
Thank you will have a try.
Posted By: Mark Re: DRM . . . on or good thing ? HELP !!! - 29th Dec 2015 6:26pm
Ive not ripped a modern CD for a while, but i remember Windows media player has an option to ignore DRM but you have to agree you could be charged with copyright. Its a tiny little tick box somewhere. Your not far away from where you changed the options from WMA and mp3.

Hope that helps.
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: DRM . . . on or good thing ? HELP !!! - 30th Dec 2015 8:24pm
Thanks for help, Mark you are a genius. Just worked out options now (never had this before) and accepted terms. Time to delete a load and reinstall.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral