Forums
Posted By: Mark Play Station or Xbox - 17th Nov 2015 5:09pm
Play Station or Xbox ??

with christmas on the way, the question is asked many many times.

Play Station or Xbox ?
But why which is better and what reasons ?

cheers smile
Posted By: MikeT Re: Play Station or Xbox - 17th Nov 2015 5:54pm
Neither. Cold showers, regular beatings and send 'em up the chimney.

Christmas is an orgy of consumerism - why contribute to it?

Bah, humbug, etc.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Play Station or Xbox - 17th Nov 2015 6:27pm
Originally Posted by MikeT

Bah, humbug, etc.

+1
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Play Station or Xbox - 17th Nov 2015 7:52pm
Hi Mark, here's a list of pro's n con's to help people out smile

ps4

the game pad runs down quick you get about 3hours play before you need to plug it in.

Game's run at 1080p (1080p (also known as Full HD or FHD and BT.709) is a set of HDTV high-definition video modes characterized by 1080 horizontal lines of vertical resolution and progressive scan, as opposed to interlaced, as is the case with the 1080i display standard)

playstation plus £3.33 per month and you’ll get:

PlayStation 4 online multiplayer(you'll need playstation plus to play with your mates online)
24 PS4 games a year for no extra cost (you can only play theses for the time you're with playstation plus)
Exclusive discounts at PlayStation Store
Access to Share Play – so your friends can play your games even if they don’t own a copy themselves.
10GB of cloud storage for your PS4 game saves

Playstation now the only way to play your ps3 ps2 and ps1 games on a ps4 will set you back from £2.99 to 7.99 for two hours play shocked

you'll need a tv with a HDMI socket

xbox one

most game's run at 900fps you can see it as it looks like full hd

xbox live gold is needed if you want to play your mates online at £3.99 a month or £40 a year

you can play your old xbox 360 games for free yipee

you can play your games on windows 10 devices (so on xmas day when Granny wants the have the Queen on and the kids want to play xbox put your pc/laptop on away you play smile

ea access (only on xbox one) for £20 a year you get to play ea games 5 days before they hit the shop and get 10% off ea games eg fifa, and you get ea vault so you can play FIFA 15, Titanfall, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield 4 and Need for speed for free

you can plug your sky or virgin box into it

you can sign up to Xbox Live Rewards and get paid for playing games Whether you're an avid gamer with an ever-growing Gamerscore, or a movie buff who lives and breathes Microsoft Movies & TV, get reward for doing what you love. And the more you do with Xbox One or Xbox 360, the more you get.

I've got Both and use the xbox one the most wink
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Play Station or Xbox - 17th Nov 2015 8:10pm
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Play Station or Xbox - 17th Nov 2015 8:18pm
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Play Station or Xbox - 17th Nov 2015 8:25pm
Posted By: snowhite Re: Play Station or Xbox - 17th Nov 2015 11:59pm
Playstation 4 is the best,I would recommend it.
Its the games that are expensive your talking 35.00 Maybe more for just one game.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Play Station or Xbox - 18th Nov 2015 9:43am
XBOX Gold is just £20 from CDkeys:

http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-360

Been using them for the past three years, highly recommended.
Posted By: SUExx Re: Play Station or Xbox - 18th Nov 2015 1:10pm
Oops
Posted By: j_demo Re: Play Station or Xbox - 18th Nov 2015 1:11pm
Xant speak for ps4, never used one and dont like the controllers (they feel small, light and cheap) but i have an xb1 and i think its amazing. The controllers feel well made and have a bit of weight to them making them more comfortable tbh. The selection of games is pretty much the same for both but xb1 has halo which is an amazing game.

As explained, xb1 has an in and out hdmi port meaning you can run sky etc through it. I can't speak for the ps4 version of kinekt but xb1's kinekt is amazing, i love it. Voice commands always work. I don"t use it for jumping around the living room for games but i do use the voice commands to turn it on and off and for subs and stuff on fifa.
Posted By: Mark Re: Play Station or Xbox - 18th Nov 2015 2:34pm
Thanks for the feedback smile
it good to get valued feedback thumbsup
Posted By: snowhite Re: Play Station or Xbox - 18th Nov 2015 3:46pm
Let us all know what you decided to invest in.
Posted By: madrob Re: Play Station or Xbox - 18th Nov 2015 4:14pm
Get the xbox one ive got the xbox one and ps4 more games on the one
Posted By: Mark Re: Play Station or Xbox - 19th Nov 2015 12:03pm
So if both platforms are throwing out the same games.

What is the process for choosing a XBOX1 or PS4 using the same game as a benchmark.
Why did you decide what you did, or was it down to price ??

Thanks. . . .
Posted By: j_demo Re: Play Station or Xbox - 19th Nov 2015 5:27pm
Originally Posted by Mark
So if both platforms are throwing out the same games.

What is the process for choosing a XBOX1 or PS4 using the same game as a benchmark.
Why did you decide what you did, or was it down to price ??

Thanks. . . .

I chose XB1 because i had a 360 before it and never had any problems with that (in both guises - original white and newerblack slim/wifi one) and nobody in my group of friends had a PS3 apart from one lad who had both and didn't really like the PS3 and neither did any of the rest of us when we played it either.

going even further back, while the PS2 was an amazing console, the original xbox when that came out was always my go-to console (i had both PS2 and Xbox) because it felt like it could go on for ever, the PS2 was always breaking... so it probably all stems from there.

but right now, i haven't played a PS4 so cannot pass judgement on the quality of the console or the gameplay but i have held a controller and it feels cheap and fragile compared to my XB1 and if the console follows the lines of the controller then i daren't think about it. the XB1 isn't a light console, i will say that, but it feels VERY well made and is very quiet during gameplay, even after a few hours on Elder Scrolls Online... well i say a few hours, more like half a day at times... again i also reckon the Kinekt is great, but i only really use that to turn the console on and off and make subs on fifa.

connecting a controller to the console isn't as simple as before, well it is in that you press a button on the side of the console and one on the top of the controller but unlike the 360 where the lights on the controller and xbox used to spin, they all just flash randomly on the xbox and you have no idea what's going on until something miraculously happens and it connects, this can be a pain when a group of us go to one persons house and each bring a controller as it takes about 10-20 minutes to set up etc. but i don't know if the PS4 is the same...

another thing i can't speak for the PS4 about is installing games. I could go out now and buy, say, Assassins Creed from ASDA and bring it home, put it in my XB1 and then have to wait at LEAST half an hour, more often than not an hour or so for the damn game to 'install' from the disc, which is pointless anyway as you still need to put the disc in to play the game.

Otherwise i can't fault it. If it were to break or get stolen i'd replace it ASAP with another XB1.

plus i reckon the XB1 looks better...

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

i do have the white XB1 however which looks sexy as hell

[Linked Image]
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Play Station or Xbox - 20th Nov 2015 8:41am
Just buy both.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Play Station or Xbox - 20th Nov 2015 8:58am
I was waiting for the new silent hill to come out before buying a PS4.
It's not coming out now.

I'm still on PS3 60GB which I updated yesterday with a 320GB hard drive. It plays all my PS1 and PS2 games, I brought it new last year (NOS) so I did away with my PS1 and the PS2 is in another room.

I also still have my normal Xbox, 2 in fact, both of which have been modded with 500gb hard drive and play NES SNES PC AMIGA MEGADRIVE GAMEBOY SEGA and arcade games.
Both also store whatever you throw at them on the hard drive.

My 360 sits nicely with my PS3, still unmodded, still working, glossy black 320gb model.

I have around 160 original 360 games, about 30 PS3 games, around 200 PS2 games ect
I tend to just buy them and play them when I get the time.

PS3 and 360 share a 120 inch full HD professional projector which I got NIB for bargain price of £550 (should of been £2000).

Sound comes from a Denon AVR-4306 7.1 HD amp with mission bipole surround speakers, eltax centre speaker and wharefedale mini bookshelf speakers. (I've still yet to get a subwoofer).

Can't wait to get a PS4 to test my setup out.
Posted By: Mark Re: Play Station or Xbox - 20th Nov 2015 3:02pm
Wow thats appreciated that feedback guys.

So as far as using a game lets say Assassins creed (Ive not played) the game play is the same across platforms and it boils down to what platform you prefer ?? You like the controller you like it if its sexy too, but the quality of the games is equal more or less on each platform the xbox1 and ps4. . .

A quick Google reveals the basic price.
PS4 = £260 - £280
xbox1 = £260 - £280

So there is noting in it nowadays. its a matter of personal choice.

Originally Posted by _Ste_
Just buy both.

O the lottery winning option lol

So its down to a pros and cons list i think for me.
Those prices seem pretty cheap to what i was expecting, its probably 1 controller lol.
Posted By: j_demo Re: Play Station or Xbox - 20th Nov 2015 5:58pm
Wow thats appreciated that feedback guys.

So as far as using a game lets say Assassins creed (Ive not played) the game play is the same across platforms and it boils down to what platform you prefer ?? You like the controller you like it if its sexy too, but the quality of the games is equal more or less on each platform the xbox1 and ps4. . .

A quick Google reveals the basic price.
PS4 = £260 - £280
xbox1 = £260 - £280

So there is noting in it nowadays. its a matter of personal choice.

Originally Posted by _Ste_
Just buy both.

O the lottery winning option lol

So its down to a pros and cons list i think for me.
Those prices seem pretty cheap to what i was expecting, its probably 1 controller lol.

pretty much yeh, it just boils down to what system UI you prefer and what controller is more comfortable for you.

if you're gonna play online then Xbox Live is 40 quid a year ish but you can get it for £20 on ebay for a 12 month code which they email you the code (i have used this option for about 4-5 years and never had a problem) where playstation network is free, but without experiencing it myself, i believe the PS network isn't as stable as Xbox Live.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Play Station or Xbox - 20th Nov 2015 9:58pm
[Linked Image] Retailer selling this ps4 bundle is Smyths toy store.
Price is 299.99
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Play Station or Xbox - 20th Nov 2015 10:07pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper

Bah, humbug, etc.

+1
+2
Posted By: j_demo Re: Play Station or Xbox - 20th Nov 2015 10:51pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper

Bah, humbug, etc.

+1
+2

Poor mark's sitting there playing an Atari, the lad wants a new games console.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Play Station or Xbox - 20th Nov 2015 11:55pm
I'm not just into one console, being honest I went from ps1 to Xbox to 360, when I eventually bought the PS3 I was surprised, it is a better console than the 360 I have to admit although some games are better on the 360 so I alternate between the 2 on what games I buy.

The other good thing about buying both is some games aren't available cross platform hence the reason for me preferring to have both, I mean you can't buy "the last of us" for the Xbox 1 as its playstation only.

If I were you I'd buy both, 1 at a time, just go for the one your happy with first and buy the other at a later date.
You won't regret it.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Play Station or Xbox - 21st Nov 2015 9:40am
Other option would be to buy a ps4 or xbox brand new if he dont like the ps4 he can sell it and invest in a xbox.Same goes vice versa.
Another option would be,
Try before you buy.....maybe a freind/s have these consoles you can test them out before you decide on which one to go for.
Posted By: Mark Re: Play Station or Xbox - 21st Nov 2015 7:03pm
Originally Posted by j_demo

Poor mark's sitting there playing an Atari, the lad wants a new games console.

lol That was boss the Atari lol

Pretty Much like you Ste ive seen users switch between consoles and not really understood why ?
Yes there was a point where it was about the latest graphics and hardware spec, but i think they have leveled out now.
And the only real difference is choice.

I could never get used to the controllers with the playstation, and never used them on the xbox enough to say i liked them or not.
So i guess i could adapt.

I'm leaning to towards xbo1 only because of the link up Microsoft and its link up with windows 10 has to be a plus (No im not on 10 yet lol).

Thank you very much for your feedback guys its helped alot.
I'm not sure if im getting one before chrimbo as the sales may come good.
But only time will tell. . .

Thanks again guys smile

StarWars Battlefront : just watch BBC CLICK and there saying its limited to the area's you can visit and looks like addon area's are to come as a download at a extra price.

Thanks again smile
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Play Station or Xbox - 21st Nov 2015 7:59pm
Mark if your getting one you're best waiting for black Friday and buy online wink ps the ps4 is adding a ps2 emulator soon shh

if you go for the xbox one get ea access and you get 10 hours of starwars battlefront full game to play with wink and 10% off if you want to buy it.
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Play Station or Xbox - 21st Nov 2015 8:10pm
xbox rewards link click me get paid for play your xbox games
Posted By: Mark Re: Play Station or Xbox - 23rd Nov 2015 11:16pm
Im leaning towards xbox1
But not in any rush to buy just yet.

Is 500gb more than enough in size, as 1Tb is a fair jump in price. Also i wont be bothering with kinect.
I will use black Friday con as bench mark for prices.

Your feed back is apreciated guys and helpful.
Is the xbox 2 due out anytime soon??
Posted By: snowhite Re: Play Station or Xbox - 24th Nov 2015 8:46am
Xbox 2 ,release date November 2020.
I do not think you can wait that long.
Posted By: Mark Re: Play Station or Xbox - 24th Nov 2015 9:16am
Lol.
Posted By: j_demo Re: Play Station or Xbox - 24th Nov 2015 9:26am
Im leaning towards xbox1
But not in any rush to buy just yet.

Is 500gb more than enough in size, as 1Tb is a fair jump in price. Also i wont be bothering with kinect.
I will use black Friday con as bench mark for prices.

Your feed back is apreciated guys and helpful.
Is the xbox 2 due out anytime soon??

500gb console will install about 7-9 games so if you plan on fleeting between that amount of games then you'll be ok. I have halo 5, Elder Scrolls Online, Halo Master Chief Collection, Fifa15 and Fifa16 installed along with a Tomb Raider game (not the very latest one) and i still have space free for another game if needed. I do however plan on uninstalling fifa15 (got fifa16 now) tomb raider (completed it) i know you can put an external hard drive into an xb1 but i believe it needs to be a particular format.

If you can comfortably get the 1tb console then go for it, if updates for games are released in the future making them bigger then us with the 500gb consoles may well have to sacrifice the install of another game or head off out and buy external hard drives.

So as it stands: 500gb is enough at present but it does ultimately depend on how many games you plan on having on the go at once.
Posted By: Mark Re: Play Station or Xbox - 24th Nov 2015 4:32pm
Cheers j_demo
Its all good advice thumbsup

I happy to say you have all helped me to decide which platform to watch/buy.
And before the PS squad jump in lol its just a choice and i know its not just for christmas lol.

I can start a new thread on games when i get around to it, but thanks again for all the feedback.

Thank you smile smile

© Wirral-Wikiwirral