Forums
Posted By: Sandra43 Old Photographs - 22nd Jun 2015 10:18am
My dad is doing his autobiography, he has some old back and white photographs, but they are crease. cracked etc, is there somewhere local what can put them back to what they where.
Posted By: cools Re: Old Photographs - 22nd Jun 2015 10:44am
I think Fairs cameras in bebington do that Sandra, I have seen the results in their shop and they can even join two photos together, say you wanted one of your mum and dad together, if you have singles that can be done ...
Posted By: alan128 Re: Old Photographs - 22nd Jun 2015 3:44pm
sent you a PM
Posted By: Mark Re: Old Photographs - 22nd Jun 2015 5:49pm
Originally Posted by Sandra43
My dad is doing his autobiography, he has some old back and white photographs, but they are crease. cracked etc, is there somewhere local what can put them back to what they where.

Anyone with a scanner and a copy of photoshop can achive similar results .

If i had more time i could do it for you, but im so busy at the moment, you may get a kind offer from obeone of our members.

Im not sure if its still called fairs, something is telling me the name changed.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Old Photographs - 22nd Jun 2015 6:00pm
Yes, Fair's Cameras are now Photo Corner Ltd.
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Old Photographs - 22nd Jun 2015 10:10pm
I had an old, very battered wedding group photo from the 1920s restored by Bernard Rinaldo/Hotshots Photography in Moreton. He did a lovely job, even replaced a faded head with one from a smaller group photo the same size.
Call 677 8393 or email [email protected]
Can't remember what he charged, but I do recall I considered it a fair price for the work done.
Posted By: yoller Re: Old Photographs - 23rd Jun 2015 7:37am
As Mark says, it's worth having a go yourself with Photoshop or some similar system. You can do this without affecting the original pictures.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral